Archived What are Zebras Devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having problems doing research with all MyDevices lagging and acting up like crazy, plus battery dying fast or simply not scanning. I told my LOD the research took forever because of that and she said that there were new devices called Zebras coming that are supposed to be better, faster and etc.

However, I'd like to know to those who already have them how good are they? Can you do backroom things with it like backstock and pulling? Will it replace PDAs?

tc51.jpg

This beauty is the Zebra TC51, which is what target is using to phase out the mydevice. Note, the MyDevice. The PDA's are here to stay, it can do everything the MyDevices do but much faster, sleeker, and without dying in 20 minutes. It can pull, backstock, search, RIGS, PCV, etc. Unfortunately you're not able to pull batches or Flex's with it though. Plus, my favorite portion of it, ANDROID. So It's actually quality, unlike apple.

pls come to my store everyone here is apple trash and it pains me they cant see quality

There's nothing wrong with Apple per se, but what target tried to do with the iPods was outside of the realm of their usage. They took a consumer device and tried to modify it to meet commercial applications from both a hardware and software standpoint. It wasn't designed for that on either front, of course it was a disaster.

However, I'd like to know to those who already have them how good are they? Can you do backroom things

Huge thread on them already but they have the same apps so if you don't like My work you aren't going to get a reprieve the search feature still sucks.

The zebra just makes sense for our needs. They have less software errors, a removable battery, can scan more items before the battery dies. Something Target should have been using all along.

Is this the device I saw am ETL swinging around in big arm circles? She said she was "scanning everything?"

I was like...

R4YRMtl.gif

That was probably the RFID gun. Was it white and made all these *beeping* noises as it scanned? We use that to scan RFID coded items in softlines and hardlines once weekly. And yeh, you end up doing a lot of arm waving around motions if your store's wifi sux like ours does. :p

Android vs Apple rhetoric is silly. I'm sure that the current MyDevices failed solely because of their OS. It wasn't the resource hog, poorly developed, third-party applications. Or that POS Honeywell wrapped those iPods in. Or even the lack of poor equipment control or user initiated errors. It was totally the OS. o_O

The Zebras are nice, but they don't have all apps loaded on to them when you first get them. I have no idea why because their batteries last longer (if people would just. fucking. charge. them) and they're easier to read.
Having a portable device that's faster and easier to type on has made my job a little better.

All I want is the ability to go on Online Planogram on the Zebra devices IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR

On the my device: Open safari and type in pog.target.com

I'm pretty sure that's the path to online planogram on the my device. I'll have to confirm in the morning.

There's nothing wrong with Apple per se, but what target tried to do with the iPods was outside of the realm of their usage. They took a consumer device and tried to modify it to meet commercial applications from both a hardware and software standpoint. It wasn't designed for that on either front, of course it was a disaster.

Thank you!

With E2E coming store-wide/company-wide, the Zebras will eventually have to allow you to pull batches. Right now you have to use a myDevice to shoot a batch and a PDA to pull it. Once E2E goes full blown, how much time will be lost if you have to go looking/begging for a PDA to pull the batch you just shot? If they want E2E to work as efficiently as they want it to, a Zebra will have to allow you to pull batches.

With E2E coming store-wide/company-wide, the Zebras will eventually have to allow you to pull batches. Right now you have to use a myDevice to shoot a batch and a PDA to pull it. Once E2E goes full blown, how much time will be lost if you have to go looking/begging for a PDA to pull the batch you just shot? If they want E2E to work as efficiently as they want it to, a Zebra will have to allow you to pull batches.
Move the PDA charging docks to the backroom (split them up among the different stockrooms if you have more than one).

Go to the backroom, pick up a PDA, pull your batch, then put it back. There should be plenty to go around, even accounting for the remaining jobs that still need them all day (SFS, GS, rev log).

Any ETA on a company wide rollout?
It's a rolling rollout. I assume everyone will have them by the end of the summer. Check your equipment inventory report and see if the zebras are allocated to your store yet. That'll let you know when they are coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back