Archived What are Zebras Devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tc51.jpg

This beauty is the Zebra TC51, which is what target is using to phase out the mydevice. Note, the MyDevice. The PDA's are here to stay, it can do everything the MyDevices do but much faster, sleeker, and without dying in 20 minutes. It can pull, backstock, search, RIGS, PCV, etc. Unfortunately you're not able to pull batches or Flex's with it though. Plus, my favorite portion of it, ANDROID. So It's actually quality, unlike apple.

Why, why why! can't we just have one device to do everything? Sigh

On the my device: Open safari and type in pog.target.com

I'm pretty sure that's the path to online planogram on the my device. I'll have to confirm in the morning.
Why do want to see the plano on a tiny screen? I print them out and stare at that in wonder how they squeezed the big box in the tiny spot.

Android vs Apple rhetoric is silly. I'm sure that the current MyDevices failed solely because of their OS. It wasn't the resource hog, poorly developed, third-party applications. Or that POS Honeywell wrapped those iPods in. Or even the lack of poor equipment control or user initiated errors. It was totally the OS. o_O
The apps weren't the problem. It was the honeywell wrapper. If charged currently the ipods lasted. So Honeywell fucked them up. And the sleds. O deity...

Any ETA on a company wide rollout?

It's not in pilot anymore, different districts simply get them at different times. by the end the year the mydevice will probably be completely phased out other than for RFID

Last edited:
My store is rolling 'em out to the sales floor right now. I'm in love with them so far.

We've had for awhile, the absolute best part is that it has a replaceable battery to go with the built in scanner.

Aw. Yeah.

One of our TL's even uses the handle you can slot it into, to make it "look" like a PDA gun. He's inordinately proud of it.

On the my device: Open safari and type in pog.target.com

I'm pretty sure that's the path to online planogram on the my device. I'll have to confirm in the morning.

does this work on mydevice too

We've had for awhile, the absolute best part is that it has a replaceable battery to go with the built in scanner.

Aw. Yeah.

One of our TL's even uses the handle you can slot it into, to make it "look" like a PDA gun. He's inordinately proud of it.

When you have to scan like for pricing or Instocks that scanner handle is a lovely thing. Cause the scanner buttons on the Zebra are pretty stiff and in an odd spot for at least my hands.

All I want is the ability to go on Online Planogram on the Zebra devices IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR
I'd love an iPad for pog/signing to share. I mean I'd love it to be just for signing but I'm a benevolent signing goddess.

Our inside lady said everyone by July. Might have moved back a bit but end of summer is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back