Archived What do you guys do with floor bales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karacelzz

5 dollars for a bale
Are " floor bales" really rare? Me and my Inbound tl were talking about them, and we thought they must occur often with how unstable some double stacked bales are.

Last edited:
Not sure what that is either..
I’m assuming that’s when a store double stacks bales on their sweep (which afaik they’re not supposed to do) and the top one falls off?

Are your bands really loose or the bale slanted on the top or something? 95% of the bales I see are squared and banded well so they’re stable, but some stores either aren’t trained well on it or just don’t care so one side is like 12” shorter than the other or it’ll be banded so loosely that you can pick boxes out of it. Those stores usually don’t double stack them though. I’ve maybe seen 5 times that one has actually fallen off since stores started sending them to us.

Are your bands really loose or the bale slanted on the top or something? 95% of the bales I see are squared and banded well so they’re stable, but some stores either aren’t trained well on it or just don’t care so one side is like 12” shorter than the other or it’ll be banded so loosely that you can pick boxes out of it. Those stores usually don’t double stack them though. I’ve maybe seen 5 times that one has actually fallen off since stores started sending them to us.
yeah, it's been happening more often now. All the new hires want to impress their team leads and end up making loose as shit bales. Our receiver still asks us to double stack them,no idea why tbh but he's been with target for 20+ years so who am I to question him.

We had our bales bust open cardboard everywhere due to the team member trying to pretend they can make a bale until that shit busts loose.

yeah, it's been happening more often now. All the new hires want to impress their team leads and end up making loose as shit bales. Our receiver still asks us to double stack them,no idea why tbh but he's been with target for 20+ years so who am I to question him.
I double stack them .

Sorry, DCs. My store has gotten to the point that even veteran TMs don't give a shit anymore and just toss shit in the baler poorly. The bales are awful coming out now. It's so bad that we've finally done it the "right way" and taken the key out of the barely permanently. Now, a lead has to be called back even to just squish the baler. It's ridiculous, but no one gives a shit anymore.

We were always really careful not to screw up the bale in any way, not because leadership would be ticked off, but because the rest of the br team would be giving you the horse laugh until the end of time...😂😂😂

Dc here , most bales I se have three wires/bands on them, we then flip them off the pallets stacking three high in the trailer to one side with one horizontal filling the gap, if it’s a loose bail or bust I typically get the clamp to move it onto the cardboard truck instead of forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back