Archived What do you say when going on a break?

• Thread starter JimmyTarget
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

Just curious as to what other stores do for breaks.

In my store we say "going on my first 230" because that's the extension for the break room and we don't like to say breaks on the walkies.

Is 230 the extension for every store or is that just mine?

i usually just say sales floor im going on my first (15min) then i say im going on my half for my lunch

"Team, this is mrknownothing, I'm headed to my break/lunch."

15/46 min later: "Team, this is mrknownothing, I'm back from break/lunch."

"Team, this is mrknownothing, I'm headed to my break/lunch."

15/46 min later: "Team, this is mrknownothing, I'm back from break/lunch."
I tell my fellow tm's too. Hey mr k! Can you cover my area while on break? I teach new tm's to tell tl & other tm's to make they know where you are.

We just say break/ lunch etc. I am surprised my store as not said we are not allowed to say break/lunch over the walkie....Our stl even told us that IF we are off the clock but still in red and kak we are still not permitted to sit at Starbucks( for example a team members wife came in while he was on lunch so they went to Star bucks ordered coffee and talked...this is what sparked it } We were told that if guests see us sitting at Starbucks while they are having to wait in line...it may make them upset...cause the perception could be that we just go on break and don't care about our guests....I say BS and I don't mean back stock.

I used to say, "this is produce going on lunch", however after a couple of years I've found some ETL's do not know my name... now I say my name.

I say this is radio edit in backroom and I'm going to take a break and flexible fulfillment is clear.

The only time I notify someone when I'm going on my breaks is when I'm in the fitting room so that I can get someone to cover. I don't think anyone in the store really notifies each other of going on breaks, except the GSTL when they need coverage and TSC when we need to cover the phones.

I don't say anything, which has awesome results being the only BRTM closer.

>BR, I need something pulled
>I'm on break
>But it's for a guest
>I'm on Break
>When do you get back
>I'm on break
>LOD I need something pull
>Go to channel 2 and call BR
>I'm on break

"Operator, this is [name] going on my [first break/lunch/last break]."

Everyone tells the operator, with the exception of TPS, who tells LOD. TPS also notifies LOD when they get back from break/lunch/parking lot check

Woah, I totally forgot about telling the operator... The first two stores I worked in did that. At my current store everyone now says, "Team, this is..... going on my...." For electronics, fitting room, and the GSA, they also then specify who is covering them. The backroom TM also switches to 1 to notify us that s/he is going to break, and the LOD listens during that time. The backroom TM is also always off at 6:00, so the LOD listens for backroom calls from 6:00-close.

Most stores have an operator phone at the fitting room and another in the TSC. At my current store, the 2nd phone is at the service desk rather than TSC; has anyone else ever seen this? If the store is slow, then the service desk listens for phone calls while the fitting room team member is on break or off doing a zone. We never have to use the night service bell this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back