Archived What is the best way to approach this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I feel about all the kielbasa...you qmos or sell 1 package you get another case. Ridiculous

I been asking around the store asking questions to multiple departments.

Apparently the soft line TL has a huge head on her whenever it's her day to be LOD. I don't know what an LOD really has to do tbh, I just do my pulls and stay in coolers.

Now I'm not sure if it's part of being an LOD but no other LOD gets on to my case. They usually just ask me how the coolers are looking and boom. Over and done with. The problem with her is she manically scans the store to nitpick anything she can It seems to me.

This just happened to me today. I was in the Dairy cooler doing my pulls, probably wasn't in there for more than 25 mins or so getting ready to finish up case stock. I usually listen to music or podcasts when I'm in the cooler, really helps to keep me motivated and helps time go by. She comes into the cooler and my back was facing the door. She comes up to me and rips my headphones out of my ear saying how I was breaking the rules with headphones when the stores operating hours are in session. She also uses the time to complain how there's still skids in Dairy to get broken down and blah blah blah...

Granted I know there's a rule to headphones. I get that. But in all seriousness nobody ever calls me on the walkie. I take my earbuds out on the floor and put them back on anytime I go to the coolers.

I spoke to my TL about it finally and he laughed when I told him all of this. I guess she has a power trip whenever she's an LOD.

He told me that even when she's LOD just nod my head and do my list he provides the TM with each day and it'll be smooth sailing.

It's just crazy to me that people acknowledge her behavior yet nothing is done to stop it.

I been asking around the store asking questions to multiple departments.

Apparently the soft line TL has a huge head on her whenever it's her day to be LOD. I don't know what an LOD really has to do tbh, I just do my pulls and stay in coolers.

Now I'm not sure if it's part of being an LOD but no other LOD gets on to my case. They usually just ask me how the coolers are looking and boom. Over and done with. The problem with her is she manically scans the store to nitpick anything she can It seems to me.

This just happened to me today. I was in the Dairy cooler doing my pulls, probably wasn't in there for more than 25 mins or so getting ready to finish up case stock. I usually listen to music or podcasts when I'm in the cooler, really helps to keep me motivated and helps time go by. She comes into the cooler and my back was facing the door. She comes up to me and rips my headphones out of my ear saying how I was breaking the rules with headphones when the stores operating hours are in session. She also uses the time to complain how there's still skids in Dairy to get broken down and blah blah blah...

Granted I know there's a rule to headphones. I get that. But in all seriousness nobody ever calls me on the walkie. I take my earbuds out on the floor and put them back on anytime I go to the coolers.

I spoke to my TL about it finally and he laughed when I told him all of this. I guess she has a power trip whenever she's an LOD.

He told me that even when she's LOD just nod my head and do my list he provides the TM with each day and it'll be smooth sailing.

It's just crazy to me that people acknowledge her behavior yet nothing is done to stop it.
If she's the LOD then unfortunately you have to suck it up.

As for the headphones, technically you shouldn't be wearing them at all. Doesn't matter if the store is open or not. When I was on the flow team I would wear one earbud, but that was it. If you have both in you can't hear anything going on around you.

Yeah, it's a hard conversation to have with a TL that they should be less meticulous when they're in charge, even if it is annoying. If she does it to everyone, I wouldn't take it personally and just roll with it.

We have one ETL who LIVES on the walkies. If you ever wonder if they are in the building just wait 3 or 4 minutes... they'll be barking something or the other toot sweet.

This is a safety issue. You should never have two ear buds in when the store is open. You would have gotten written up at my store

This is a safety issue. You should never have two ear buds in when the store is open. You would have gotten written up at my store
Backroom you should never have them both in.

Power equipment + people not listening = accident waiting to happen

Even people with one earbud in should be a no when using pallet jacks. People can’t hear when the pallets are scraping the floor.

I come in at 4am almost everyday, granted I've only worked at Target for 3 months, I've already made a TL despise me for reasons unknown.

I work in the coolers from 4am-12:30pm pulling/pushing backstocking all that good stuff.

My problem is sometimes the pulls have over 500+ items to pull. Dairy and Frozen almost always have +400 in each of them.
I usually finish pulls before huddle however I leave the frozen and dairy racks in the coolers to come back to.

There's this soft line team leader who always seems to seek me out and pester me and asks all the time why I'm being lazy and all the pulls haven't been pushed before huddle. She complains to my GSTL all the time but I'm pretty sure he gets this gist of what I have to do.

My question is do I just keep doing what I'm doing? So far the only person who has an issue is the Softine TL. My TL is happy it gets done and backstocked and my GSTL is too busy dealing with other things to say anything.

It's either she's a bitch, or I'm slacking severely to get these done before morning huddle.
Softlines TM is not in charge of you and should be zoning her area if she has time to mess with you about your own work. As far as GSTL...they are also not in charge of you and if you dont currently have a market TL or and ETL overseeing you just worry about what the LOD wants...ignore everyone else and say "thanks but im busy" and walk off. They arent your boss.

Softlines TM is not in charge of you and should be zoning her area if she has time to mess with you about your own work. As far as GSTL...they are also not in charge of you and if you dont currently have a market TL or and ETL overseeing you just worry about what the LOD wants...ignore everyone else and say "thanks but im busy" and walk off. They arent your boss.

Re read the thread, it is the softlines TL not a TM and they were LOD at the time.

As pointed out to the OP.

You should always take the current LODs direction at risk of going on a final or being termed for failure to follow instructions and/or insubordination

Always follow the command that your last superior dictated.

That's called the chain of command.

602.gif

Re read the thread, it is the softlines TL not a TM and they were LOD at the time.

As pointed out to the OP.

You should always take the current LODs direction at risk of going on a final or being termed for failure to follow instructions and/or insubordination
Meant to say TL. I did read it. =P Whoops. Also notice I assumed the softlines tl was a woman. God I'm a dick.

Sounds like the SFTL is actually a SrTL and when she's the LOD you have to follow her direction. The key to success is learning how each LOD operates and adapting your daily procedures accordingly.

As far as the GSTL goes, they're usually dealing with too much guest bs to worry about things like this.

That seems like sound advice. We have that dynamic at my store with certain TLs and certain LODs. The LOD will nitpick and have unreasonable expectations, so you just nod, tell your TL, and the TL tells you to keep doing what you're doing and they'll deal with the LOD if there is any follow up (there usually isn't).

Thing is, these massive pulls barely put a dent in our backstock.

puts maybe a small dent in it, but really all it does it lower the DPCI count for 1 o'clocks just barely(they're just as big, still) but for whatever we put out during the day for pulls, will literally more than likely get put back into the warehouse because of freight the next morning.

For every fullcase we put out, we got two more the next day, so our backroom is pretty much a fricken mess. Temp locations everywhere, full cases stacked to the ceiling, 4-5 DPCIs per WACO. It's a mess.
Do you pull and backstock regular size yogurt and shredded cheese and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back