Archived What is the one thing you most wish other TMs knew about your workcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my GSTLs is just super bad about calling fast service. We always have new cashiers who freak out about a third guest in their line, even if they are finishing with the first. They hit the button.. GSTL is on the computer in TSC and calls for backup... I peek around the corner and I see nobody, so I ignore it. they call again so i figure I'll tickle their fancy and come up. I get up there and there is one measly guest who hasn't put their 3 items on a belt. So i take them with a smile on my face, never turning on my light. Because the second i do a line of guests comes through my line while the cashier twiddles their thumbs. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Meanwhile the GSTL is still in the office and didn't even step outside..

My GSTL likes to put us the very first lane closest to the aisles. hell no, I'll take express thank you... or the lanes farthest from the cashiers so a guest doesn't think you are open. I am not a cashier, and just because I am faster than the ones they hire does not mean I will be stuck up there longer than I have to be.

Last edited:
Exactly! You have to manually break the tie before you can store tie it into (0) by typing in the POG on a mydevice or using SFLM.
If I flex out NOP in aisle I also use 11-19 as flex corresponding to what section the item is in (so 11 for section one, 12 for section 2, etc.) so if there is an MIR reverse logistics can find product much easier than just sticking flex out on an aisle.
Is this used in a lot of stores . I'm want to use it in my store.

If you're zoning Entertainment (or actually any department) DO NOT FILL EVERY EMPTY SPACE WITH WHATEVER IS NEXT TO IT!

When Instocks scans they won't see a hole, so they won't scan it - so even if there's product in the back it will never come out.

Empty spaces are normal. If you don't leave them empty they may never get filled with what belongs there.

What you are doing IS NOT FLEXING. Leave flexing to people who know what it is, know how to do it, and when to do it.
AMEN to that^^^^^

If you're zoning Entertainment (or actually any department) DO NOT FILL EVERY EMPTY SPACE WITH WHATEVER IS NEXT TO IT!

When Instocks scans they won't see a hole, so they won't scan it - so even if there's product in the back it will never come out.

Empty spaces are normal. If you don't leave them empty they may never get filled with what belongs there.

What you are doing IS NOT FLEXING. Leave flexing to people who know what it is, know how to do it, and when to do it.

This cannot be said enough. There is a seasoned electronics TM who will flex over active outs and just put a flippy label over it, with no shelf label because "it's not a priority" Sometimes he will put a 59.99 dcode game in a $29.99 spot. Oh and did I mention inventory is 3 days away?

NEWS FLASH: RGIS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLANK FLIPPYS, THEY WILL SCAN WHATEVER BARCODE THEY SEE FIRST. So your tactic of "let's put the steam cards behind a dcode game of which we have only 1" is screwing with our inventory and your refusal to print labels is messing with our price accuracy.

OK I work flow, and I know how some in this forum like to bag on them. Not all of us are perfect, what do you expect when there's very little training and the oftentimes constant beat of the minute a box tune? Now after I've stocked shelves in the AM, then come in the next day to do the same. How is it that I find incorrect stuff stocked in with, or over what I CORRECTLY stocked the day before? So whomever is working priority pulls or CAFS, could you please grab a MyDevice and make sure that YOU know what a DCPI is, and put the correct product there? 20oz Market Pantry raisins DO NOT GO in the 10oz location etc. If there's not room, backstock it...

Why is anyone looked down on? I have a self centered jackass in electronics, former TL dropped down to TM. Stands around gossiping most of the time, or pretending to be busy, yet when I ask for help from God's gift to women, he basically tells me to go "F" myself!! Don't shit yourself buddy, someday very soon I could be your STL, I won't forget you,,,,

OK I work flow, and I know how some in this forum like to bag on them. Not all of us are perfect, what do you expect when there's very little training and the oftentimes constant beat of the minute a box tune? Now after I've stocked shelves in the AM, then come in the next day to do the same. How is it that I find incorrect stuff stocked in with, or over what I CORRECTLY stocked the day before? So whomever is working priority pulls or CAFS, could you please grab a MyDevice and make sure that YOU know what a DCPI is, and put the correct product there? 20oz Market Pantry raisins DO NOT GO in the 10oz location etc. If there's not room, backstock it...

Flow tm here. I pushed men's today and found 4 pairs of boys shorts. They were not put there by a guest. Every freakin morning I have to re zone, especially the underwear. It is not always flow. IMO, no one knows the store better than flow, cause you typically push same area 4 to 5 days a week.

Is this used in a lot of stores . I'm want to use it in my store.
As far as I know only me and one other team member do any store ties in our store whatsoever. It's it's particularly useful when large quantity of NOP video games or DVDs go on sale because the signs will print out with the aisle number they are tied to. So now the signing team member can put the sign with the rest of that aisles sign instead of sticking them with NOP signs.

1. Don't untie POGs unless you've checked you know... the sales tie report maybe?
2. (Because two is better then one) Softlines is not your maid - we push out hardlines all the time. Most team members should be trained in softlines, so those shoes that you have lying around with your B block push? Push it.

I'm glad that at my store, while softlines zones shoes and reshops it, if there's push on the line, it's treated as either hardlines or softlines. Whichever side is slower is gonna push it.

"For the same reason I don't wear red and khaki." while thinking "If you're so concerned about guests needing assistance, why aren't you assisting them instead of bothering me about it?"

"I assist guests out the door in handcuffs"

I wish people knew in cosmetics that *gasp* the labels are underneath the signs! Just lift it up! It is extremely annoying to have to explain this to one of the flow TMs because lord knows I have enough overpush from you. Not the ladies who push over there. They're good.

I wish people knew in cosmetics that *gasp* the labels are underneath the signs! Just lift it up! It is extremely annoying to have to explain this to one of the flow TMs because lord knows I have enough overpush from you. Not the ladies who push over there. They're good.
I just found that yesterday...And the flow cosmetics repacks TM definitely doesn't know about them. Or she just never checks them.

They do!? Dammit.

I tried, but was afraid of breaking the thing... I ended up matching it by the color number(?)

Running Photo Lab, isn't that easy... is it...
Had my regular day off... Came in to do Service Desk/Photo Lab... Three Kiosks had Out of Order signs on them...
Had 11 orders backed up (that had issues)... 8 cds that needed to get made & 2 books to put together...
I was told APEX had printer issues???
When I came in, I made sure the printers were (plugged in & locked in place) and rebooted everything...
Everything worked fine, and in two hours I fixed all the issues with the outstanding orders...

^I just love getting pulled away from my workcenter to fix something that broke down at the photo lab. Usually takes 5 minutes or less to fix. Still can't nail down all of the GSA types to train them, they all have ADHD and go chase butterflies when I try to show them something.

^I just love getting pulled away from my workcenter to fix something that broke down at the photo lab. Usually takes 5 minutes or less to fix. Still can't nail down all of the GSA types to train them, they all have ADHD and go chase butterflies when I try to show them something.

tumblr_mr54up03bF1steklgo1_500.gif

Flow tm here. I pushed men's today and found 4 pairs of boys shorts. They were not put there by a guest. Every freakin morning I have to re zone, especially the underwear. It is not always flow. IMO, no one knows the store better than flow, cause you typically push same area 4 to 5 days a week.
We have the same problem at our store. I keep finding baby onsies, men's shirts and boy's t-shirts in Ready to Wear. I know who keeps doing it and there isn't anything I can do to stop it.

We have the same problem at our store. I keep finding baby onsies, men's shirts and boy's t-shirts in Ready to Wear. I know who keeps doing it and there isn't anything I can do to stop it.
I had a Softlines Flow TM explain it best...some fitting room TMs don't look at the brand or even the type of clothing. They just look at the color and stuff it into a rack with similar colors.

I had a Softlines Flow TM explain it best...some fitting room TMs don't look at the brand or even the type of clothing. They just look at the color and stuff it into a rack with similar colors.
It isn't an issue with the person at our Fitting Room. It's a Softlines Team Member who never bothers to make sure the reshop she puts out goes in the right place. Even if it was someone not sorting things properly on the Z-rack it would be hard to mistake a Circo twelve month romper with women's clothing.

Yikes. You guys make me feel bad for ever complaining about flow in my store. Most of the mistakes they make in the racks are understandable. Some of those rtw graphic tees do feel/look like some of the licensed pajama stuff. And a bunch of girls' xhil does look like juniors' xhil. The mens mossimo black joggers in rtw even made sense because we didn't used to have men's mossi black... And we did have other mossi black joggers in rtw. All that stuff makes sense. They don't help to maintain the zone still, but they're short staffed with few hours like the rest of us. It's understandable. Everyone's three-quarter assing it (more than half assing lol) most of the time, anyway.

Yikes. You guys make me feel bad for ever complaining about flow in my store. Most of the mistakes they make in the racks are understandable. Some of those rtw graphic tees do feel/look like some of the licensed pajama stuff. And a bunch of girls' xhil does look like juniors' xhil. The mens mossimo black joggers in rtw even made sense because we didn't used to have men's mossi black... And we did have other mossi black joggers in rtw. All that stuff makes sense. They don't help to maintain the zone still, but they're short staffed with few hours like the rest of us. It's understandable. Everyone's three-quarter assing it (more than half assing lol) most of the time, anyway.

I totally agree. Sometimes I have to look twice at certain items and I have yet to memorize department #s (working on that). but if I don't know, I ask.

The major problem at my store, is nobody cares about anything but their job. Fast service? Nope. Putting something on the wrong rack? definitely don't care. Smart huddles that only last 15 minutes. Eff you LOD. Helping another workcenter that is struggling "ugh, why the hell am I doing someone else's job".

The other day at the huddle I spoke up and told people that if we actually started taking pride in what we do and if the whole store worked together as a team that things would shape up, even just a little. I also voiced that when LODS are on the floor helping when they are not doing what is mandatory for their job position things look good too. One extra person could turn the store around.

Nobody ever helps pricing at my store. But the minute the backroom is behind on CAFS they flip. I am expected to PTM all of hardlines as I go through it, zone in softlines on every rack/table I touch.. push my clearance, which involves taking down whole 2 month old salesplanners sometimes.

So count the number of jobs I am doing sometimes:
-hardlines
-Softlines
-instocks
-Planogram
-Price Change

And notice I put price change last. Because after I finally do that, then I can push my clearance.

But our HRBP basically told us to suck it up and target won't be giving more hours to stores or else we'll go bankrupt? "Seriously, WTF?" She did not like me in the chat session. I told her that the DTLs when they see something bad in the store they should help correct it right then and there instead of writing a honey-do list for the tms to do. I mean, if they have time to leave us hanging when they are supposed to be there at 10am and don't show up till 2pm and say how they just ate at Red Lobster. And for god sakes.. quit visiting in the middle of the effing day and being suprised when the zone is not Brand-spanking-perfect.

Last edited:
Other AP Nuggets

-Yes, I throw empty packages in the trash that you keep in the bin. That's not because we don't pay attention, it's because it's all either a) food b) not worth looking into (I'm not reviewing an empty box of $2 trading cards) or c) not under camera coverage and therefore I can't review. I can't speak for other AP teams but if there's something in there worth reviewing then I will look into it. Don't think that me throwing it all away means I don't care.

-If you're not AP, then you do not go into the AP office unless you have a reason. And if you have a reason, you knock first. I'm only a Sr. TPS right now but I've kicked ETL's out of my office when they come in just to hang out when they're bored.

-I can't (and more importantly, won't) stop a shoplifter based on you telling me they stole. I don't care if they're standing in the middle of the main racetrack stuffing iPads in their backpack, if I didn't see it, I'm not apprehending. There are set rules and conditions for that and making a mistake (apprehending someone who didn't steal) is a bare minimum Final Warning, termination if they don't like you. So if you see someone who looks suspicious, or even if you see someone concealing, then tell AP. But if we don't have eyes on it (or can't review in time) don't expect to see them on the bench in our booking room.

To planogram TMs, if among all my pulls and back stock as a backroom TM I'm able to organize your pulls as I pull them the least you could do is return the favor. It gets a bit old sending out a three tier cart of organized hba/phar pogs to have three repacks of dumped Merch sent back.

As a flow tm, if time allows and there is equipment, I will go and backstock. You can always spot a flow repack, because, more often than not it is organized. As someone who regularly pushes soft lines, it is imperative to have your repack sorted by size and color. I want to scream when I open some of those repacks. Defects, clearance and rarely sorted. All tm's should have a tour of duty in the backroom. It is an eye opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back