Archived What is the one thing you most wish other TMs knew about your workcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap ya'll.. regarding my last post.. our DTL, HRBP, and a few other higher ups were in our store setting an adjacency because they wouldnt allow us payroll.. it was sooo bad! Heads will roll.

Holy crap ya'll.. regarding my last post.. our DTL, HRBP, and a few other higher ups were in our store setting an adjacency because they wouldnt allow us payroll.. it was sooo bad! Heads will roll.
Whats an adjacency?
@RS190 I wish they weren't getting rid of the Sr.TPS position! I would definitely apply for it. I have seen several people conceal and been able to do anything because my ETL wasn't there.

Whats an adjacency?
@RS190 I wish they weren't getting rid of the Sr.TPS position! I would definitely apply for it. I have seen several people conceal and been able to do anything because my ETL wasn't there.

It is like a blueprint for softlines, showing what size racks should be where, how they should be aligned, what should be on them, and how they should be merchandised.

Essentially, all target stores at the same volume should look the same in Softlines, given some stores might be a little more creative with the way they merchandise (I know one store near me that likes to raise racks up and double hang everything they can, like A billboard.. especially in kids)

I don't think there is a single adjacency in my store set right. We squeeze extra racks in here and there because there just isn't enough...

Last edited:
AMEN to that^^^^^
I totally agree. Sometimes I have to look twice at certain items and I have yet to memorize department #s (working on that). but if I don't know, I ask.

The major problem at my store, is nobody cares about anything but their job. Fast service? Nope. Putting something on the wrong rack? definitely don't care. Smart huddles that only last 15 minutes. Eff you LOD. Helping another workcenter that is struggling "ugh, why the hell am I doing someone else's job".

The other day at the huddle I spoke up and told people that if we actually started taking pride in what we do and if the whole store worked together as a team that things would shape up, even just a little. I also voiced that when LODS are on the floor helping when they are not doing what is mandatory for their job position things look good too. One extra person could turn the store around.

Nobody ever helps pricing at my store. But the minute the backroom is behind on CAFS they flip. I am expected to PTM all of hardlines as I go through it, zone in softlines on every rack/table I touch.. push my clearance, which involves taking down whole 2 month old salesplanners sometimes.

So count the number of jobs I am doing sometimes:
-hardlines
-Softlines
-instocks
-Planogram
-Price Change

And notice I put price change last. Because after I finally do that, then I can push my clearance.

But our HRBP basically told us to suck it up and target won't be giving more hours to stores or else we'll go bankrupt? "Seriously, WTF?" She did not like me in the chat session. I told her that the DTLs when they see something bad in the store they should help correct it right then and there instead of writing a honey-do list for the tms to do. I mean, if they have time to leave us hanging when they are supposed to be there at 10am and don't show up till 2pm and say how they just ate at Red Lobster. And for god sakes.. quit visiting in the middle of the effing day and being suprised when the zone is not Brand-spanking-perfect.
Can I like this post twice?
I've been with Spot for less then 6 months, still learning the ropes. Is this a common problem with Spot? I thought this only occurred at our location?

Work centers? What are work centers? Spot didn't tell me about work centers? I thought we were all just one big team?
How many work centers are there?
What defines a work center?
Do we have any guides on these work centers, and how they inter react to each other?

Work centers? What are work centers? Spot didn't tell me about work centers? I thought we were all just one big team?
Do we have any guides on these work centers, and how they inter react to each other?

Workcenters are the different positions around the store, e.g Instocks, Price Accuracy, Cashier, etc. They're the things your hours are under on the schedule. You've got a primary one that determines your paygrade and you'll get most your hours from but crosstraining gets you scheduled in others. I'm sure technically we're all one team but in my experience, some days the other workcenters are jerks who make my job in [current workcenter] harder.

?#1 Is this information available online?
#2 Can this only be accessed through Spot?
#3 Will it give me a breakdown as to who is in charge of that work center, and who all is classified as being in that center?

I'm on the flow team, after I spend the morning staging and stocking, I wish that who ever works the pulls later in the day,,,,, could you please stock the product in the correct location? ?? Please DO NOT over stock the location, please DO NOT put the extras in a location to which they don't belong. It's not that hard to put the extras back on your pull cart etc and simply attach a back stock clip on the cart when you take the cart back.
It's very frustrating at a minute a box, to come in the next day to stock only to find that someone in the afternoon put stuff where it didn't belong! Now I have to take the incorrect stuff out, go to its correct location to see if there's room then more than likely have to back stock it myself. All the while the team lead comes around and tells me I have to work faster?
Do these people that push the afternoon pulls, not have to stock product the same way we do in the morning?

Can I like this post twice?
I've been with Spot for less then 6 months, still learning the ropes. Is this a common problem with Spot? I thought this only occurred at our location?

It's pretty common. my store used to be Team-oriented. Now we are only workcenter-oriented.

Here is our guide that can help you on most questions or you can search our forums for info too. Spot has a few gaps in work center training.

#3 Will it give me a breakdown as to who is in charge of that work center, and who all is classified as being in that center?

I'm on the flow team, after I spend the morning staging and stocking, I wish that who ever works the pulls later in the day,,,,, could you please stock the product in the correct location? ?? Please DO NOT over stock the location, please DO NOT put the extras in a location to which they don't belong. It's not that hard to put the extras back on your pull cart etc and simply attach a back stock clip on the cart when you take the cart back.
It's very frustrating at a minute a box, to come in the next day to stock only to find that someone in the afternoon put stuff where it didn't belong! Now I have to take the incorrect stuff out, go to its correct location to see if there's room then more than likely have to back stock it myself. All the while the team lead comes around and tells me I have to work faster?
Do these people that push the afternoon pulls, not have to stock product the same way we do in the morning?

This is my exact argument about our flow team.

Flow bitches that CAF pushers overstock, CAF pushers bitch that flow overstocks, ETLs bitch that the floor is overstocked, backroom bitches that their pulls are coming back. It's never ending. :p

I hate people that flex without flipping labels, putting the plastic flip labels on, or printing new tags. I don't understand why we flex at all. So what, there's one empty spot. I think the guests will be more annoyed that the price was wrong rather than there being an empty peg.

Not exactly part of this thread, but...

Flow, hardlines, backroom, salesfloor, Pfresh, electronics, guest service, food ave, instocks, softlines, human resources, pharmacy, SFT, reverse logistics. I think that's all of the work centers -- or the most common ones. A "work center" is basically the team you are on. My main work center is flow but I also work backroom and sometimes electronics/salesfloor. In our training room we have a board that has every ETL/TL's picture on it and the work center they are lead of. Work centers are pretty meaningless in TM day to day activities, more important for dividing/spending payroll.

A workcenter is a specific job code/title. A workgroup is a collection of related workcenters and they are roughly aligned with the ETL titles. There is a list next to the time clock of all workcenters, although it's probably outdated since myTime rolled out.

Example: Logistics is a workgroup. Workcenters within the Logistics workgroup include Backroom (and previously Backroom Day as well), Receiving/Reverse Logistics, Trailer Unload - Stocking (Flow), Off-Site Backroom, Off-Site Driver.

Last edited:
The amount of work I can do in an hour is equivalent to the amount your team does in twelve minutes.

The amount of work I can do in an hour is equivalent to the amount your team does in twelve minutes.
So you're slow? Or they're a big team so 12mins x 5+tms > 1hr? I'm confused.

I wish...that everyone would keep in mind that the backroom is not a dumping ground. Your shelves, shelf labels , backer paper doesn't come to us . Take care of that before you bring your bs to us. Also, be neat about it ....send your bs back the way you would like us to send your pulls out to you. Sending small Itens back to bs...rubbers ( rubber bands) are your friends. Pratice Safe Backstocking ! Use a rubber !

I used to send reshop back in a neat and organized manner but if I have to run all over the store to push a pull that has all sections of the store in it then that is how you will receive my backstock.

Backroom is often timed and often left alone for hours on end. We won't respond any faster just because you're yelling over the walkie.

I'm flow.
We have no hours and no money and our leader hates us for not being magic fast and the guests hate us for not having starshowers.

All you have to do is be nice and I'll do anything you want. We don't get enough of that.

The service desk is not a dump for your trash or signage. You have the signage room in the back where the compactor is. I already have to sort, defect and repackage the stuff you brought me and help the guests at my desk and photo center too. Oh and back stock... goes in the back... not in the bin to be sorted... LOL

Nine months later... let's now add the sh@t ton of flexible fulfillment orders I now get to process as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back