Archived What is the one thing you most wish other TMs knew about your workcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team, you don't need to call AP for every empty package you find. If I responded to every open package someone asked me to switch to ch. 4 about, I wouldn't do anything all day. Take it up to guest services (or where ever) and let them process it.
And please, put the date, time, and aisle on the package. I can't do nothing with an empty package if I don't know when it was found.
Thank you!

Just because I haven't pulled your EXF or POG yet doesn't mean I'm standing around doing nothing

wait, your stores pog team doesn't do their own pull? Can I come? <3

whoever thinks for a moment not to thank you for it, give them a pimpslap for me lol

If you're zoning Entertainment (or actually any department) DO NOT FILL EVERY EMPTY SPACE WITH WHATEVER IS NEXT TO IT!

When Instocks scans they won't see a hole, so they won't scan it - so even if there's product in the back it will never come out.

Empty spaces are normal. If you don't leave them empty they may never get filled with what belongs there.

What you are doing IS NOT FLEXING. Leave flexing to people who know what it is, know how to do it, and when to do it.

It's impossible to stock a table in softlines that hasn't been zoned.
I wish my ETL would communicate this, instead of saying salesfloor has too much too do and I need to figure it out for myself.

If you're zoning Entertainment (or actually any department) DO NOT FILL EVERY EMPTY SPACE WITH WHATEVER IS NEXT TO IT!

When Instocks scans they won't see a hole, so they won't scan it - so even if there's product in the back it will never come out.

Empty spaces are normal. If you don't leave them empty they may never get filled with what belongs there.

What you are doing IS NOT FLEXING. Leave flexing to people who know what it is, know how to do it, and when to do it.

THIS.

Overnight team...when we stack/wrap pallets to send away, we leave plenty of other pallets for you to use during the unload process. Stop unwrapping the stacks.

This applies to every department. So annoying.

Honestly, only ever flex the endcaps and if you flex something that doesn't belong on that endcap, store tie it. Entertainment never goes PTM so there is no reason for there to be any flex in the aisles, except to cover d-code outs.

This right here, along with not pulling product from 4 sections down an aisle to fill an endcap. Or using reshop to fill outs. If everyone else could get the hang of properly flexing and pushing things would go a lot smoother.

Instocks (like everyone else) has a lot of things to do and limited time to do it. If I have to come along and undo the screwy flexing somebody else did, both our time has been wasted.

A batch does not equal an item. When a team member says how many more pulls do you have left. I reply with something like "I have 12 left". Team member says "12 items?"
I sadly reply back with "no, I have 12 batches or groups left to pull".

The same can be said for FF. When I hear the operator say "there is one item in FF" on the walkie talkie, I say "no, there is 1 order in FF". Most of the time, orders have 1 item in them but you can get some orders with 10 to 20 items in them.

There is a huge difference in the quantity when you are talking about certain terms such as FF orders and batches.
FF orders and batches do not mean 1 item. Please remember that.

Flow team:

My impression is that you are under pressure to avoid backstocking as much as possible. But overstocking the shelves just causes all kinds of other problems - product falls onto the floor, packaging gets torn and has to be repackaged or at least given a do-it, all of that is a waste of time and makes zoning significantly harder.

Fortunately, there is an easy test to see whether you have obviously overstocked an item: if you touch the item and it falls off the shelf or peg, it's overstocked. (Obviously, this is not a definitive test, but it's at least a start!)

Ap's job is so easy, we just stand there and stare out the window all day. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd have a mighty fine total.

Fact, if it looks like I'm standing there doing nothing, you probably haven't seen the person I'm watching.

THIS. ALL OF MY THIS.
My ETL-HL and ETL-AP have told me to flex over active product in my video games because DTL was unhappy with Elec. & Entertainment. I did it to make the happy, but on the inside I was screaming/crying. The next reset is going to be hell, and good luck finding things until then.

My STL and the DTL all say, "Fill those holes. If you don't have product, just move the movies around on the endcap. Price point? Not so important on the end cap on the front lanes. Just remember - NO HOLES!"

ETL-HL and electronics TL - "Why do you keep screwing up the endcap?"

ME: sigh

Making sure endcaps are properly filled is an uphill battle at my store. I have repeatedly bugged my TL and ETL about the poor jobs I find on endcaps, letting them know the shit I have to fix instead of moving along. Things have improved to where the LODs put some more effort into filling and I can almost relax. Then last week, I turn around and find out that some instocks TMs, if they can't find a printer will just shuffle things around to price points or just leave gaps.

My STL and the DTL all say, "Fill those holes. If you don't have product, just move the movies around on the endcap. Price point? Not so important on the end cap on the front lanes. Just remember - NO HOLES!"

ETL-HL and electronics TL - "Why do you keep screwing up the endcap?"

ME: sigh
I found the other day at the checklanes somebody put several copies of the $40 Hobbit movie where the $12 Hobbit movie goes. I am 80% sure it was somebody from the guest service group of TMs/TLs who of all people you'd think would not want to piss off guests with label confusion.

My guess is that it's the STL or ETL GE or the DTL, because my cashiers would never try to zone or flex. I'm pretty sure they think when they don't have guests, it's time to facebook/callMom/boyfriend/text the FRO. And the GSAs are too busy holding up the wall at Guest Service to notice that there's a hole anywhere.

My guess is that it's the STL or ETL GE or the DTL, because my cashiers would never try to zone or flex. I'm pretty sure they think when they don't have guests, it's time to facebook/callMom/boyfriend/text the FRO. And the GSAs are too busy holding up the wall at Guest Service to notice that there's a hole anywhere.
Huh. Myself and other cashiers never put stuff back that way. In fact, once the carts are sorted, the cart attendant pushes reshop carts to the back and sales floor worries about some of them, and so on. I carry my phone on me but only to show guests how to use cartwheel, if their phone can't connect to the wifi, or to calculate certain things. When it's slow, I go up to guest service to help sort reshop and settle returns. If I can't do any of those things, I zone the checklanes, green promo, or one spot. I'm very hardworking myself and am asked often to cover GSA/GSTL breaks when the ETL-GE is there because he likes my performance so much. I even cover electronics sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back