What is the team member pay cap?

I've tried searching - all the Google results are just about the starting pay raise they announced, and I found a few articles here and on reddit, but they were all older posts and didn't give an actual number cap, just that getting high review scores would still allow for raises. Thanks

I said $5 was cap. Waiting on someone to provide proof they make $21 or more as a TM
I saw a card on greenfield for the annual pay for people for Fiscal YR 2019, which when calculated will say the hourly pay.

I was mostly caring about the receiver positions, but there was some receivers making $24 in R200. The highest TL in R200 was making about $38. Note, the majority of those people have been with Target for at least a 12+ years but maybe 1 or 2 people were hired in the last decade.

My co-worker makes $24. She has been there 12 years and had a Perishabke assistant job which went away. My TL did her evaluation and that’s When she learned that the TM was making way more than her.
I can't prove it since it's not my pay, but I can also confirm this for one of our Food Experts who was a Perishable Assistant before, but the position went away, and she's been with the company around the same time for about 12 years and she's making $24 with some change while my TL who's been TL for about a year and a half is at $26.50 after his most recent review. This is in Chicago. Not sure if this is relevant but someone mentioned something about receiver pay. I can confirm but not prove our two receivers were backroom TLs before, they demoted themselves to receivers but somehow someway negotiated to keep their TL pay AND raises so they are also well above $30.

All I want is a screen shot 🤷‍♀️
They took down the greenfield card with the annual pay. It was there til July 2021 and then it disappeared. I guess since that’s when it tried updating the dataset but Target remembered it and took it down.

Pay ranges are a percentage of starting wage based on geographic area. This is how it's done industry wide.

You can be above the pay range if you're grandfathered in, or there was some janky position transfers happening where you stepped down or your role was eliminated and they didn't take away the pay.

That being said I would imagine there are very very few team members making over 20/hr, just due to the nature of turnover.

It really depends on the areas Target base pay.
I think in 2019, TM range was $14-19 and TL was $16-27.20. You can get paid higher than the cap. I’ve seen several TMs make $22,23,24 in 2019 but these TMs have been with the company for at least a decade.

Back