Archived What questions do you hate being asked the most at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me set my sales planners? At like noon on a Friday.
This fucking happened to me last Friday, at like 2:30pm.

I’ll bet she won’t ask again considering the two massive carts I left from when I demerched it.

Sorry but I spent way too much time pulling that batch lol

We're in the midst of a remodel (it's almost done) so "when is this all gonna be done??" 3 weeks ago...

Any "where is __?" question when we're literally standing right next to it. I always do a price is right model hand to point at the dept they're looking for. "oh maternity is (model hand) under that sign that says maternity right there..."

Also sometimes they ask one tm something, and if for whatever reason, they don't trust that person's answer, they walk away and ask the same question to another tm. I watched a woman ask me and 2 other tms the same question as she walked a straight damn line to the dept we all directed her to. I would've walked her over but she seemed annoyed by my existence so womp.

By the ETL: "How's Ship From Store looking?"
By the GSTL: "PackAndCry, did you see that new FA that just dropped in?"
By the guests: "Can you go look in back?"

Also sometimes they ask one tm something, and if for whatever reason, they don't trust that person's answer, they walk away and ask the same question to another tm.

Oh, god I hate this. The other day a guest asked if we had any "slides" (meaning sleds). I said no, they went clearance a couple months ago. Two minutes later, over the walkie "Team, do we have any sleds left?" *headdesk*

When working FR and answering the phone. Do you have "item''? Check the Zebra and it says 1 available, ah, right. Maybe 1. So now, I need to decide to tell a white lie to the caller and tell them we don't have it because I know that unless it's a blue moon on the third Wednesday of the month, no one from the sales area will answer the walkie request to confirm we actually have the item, grab it, and take it to GS. Only one of the ETL's cares to "motivate" the floor TM's to answer my walkie request and confirm we actually have the item. I really don't want an angry caller coming to the store without getting the item that I promised. Of course, I can't leave the FR to get it myself. On the other hand, if I'm calling the backroom, those folks rock and will do whatever it takes to locate, confirm and hold items.

I too hate it when a guest asks a question, gets the answer and then goes to ask someone else....how stupid do guests think we are?

It is almost as if they keep asking enough they'll get the answer they want.

Sometimes, when I hear a TM on the walkie with the same guest question I want to answer and say something like "Hey, we already gave you the answer and the answer is still NO."

And yes.....guests at the front area asking where they'll find guest services....well.....look up at the sign just above your head.

I truly enjoy the A&A Team that I work with, and they bust ass for me ....... BUT...... there are some times when I KNOW they don't want to take the extra effort to push certain merchandise to the floor. And I hear this question: "Sprinkles, what do you want me to do with (fill in the blank)?" I KNOW they are really, REALLY, hoping I say the magic word: BACKSTOCK. (Ooooooh, sorry Team. Um......nope.) "Please work it to the floor, Team :)". I can almost hear their shoulders slump on the walkie.

"Can you add this phone card to my account?", "Can you sell me a Consumer Cellular phone?", and "Can you tell me about the difference between the carriers?"

I don't mind helping guests, but honestly if I see an elderly guest coming towards me while I'm near the cellphones I start pleading with Electronics to help the guest then I escape as fast as I can once they are there.

"Can you add this phone card to my account?", "Can you sell me a Consumer Cellular phone?", and "Can you tell me about the difference between the carriers?"

I don't mind helping guests, but honestly if I see an elderly guest coming towards me while I'm near the cellphones I start pleading with Electronics to help the guest then I escape as fast as I can once they are there.

Adding phone cards is p. easy if the phone is already activated, I do this all the time. But I'm glad we don't deal with activations

I would rather add their minutes myself and make sure it works, from a card that I selected and checked with my own eyes, than have the guest buy a card that a scammer fucked with (by scratching off the code and waiting for someone to activate it) and make a huge scene at GS when it doesn't work. This happened about 9,000,000,000 times back when I was an Electronics Associate at a certain competitor across town

Hmm not a lot of questions irk me at work after 3 years here but...maybe just being bugged about getting a pop funko or a specific color of something out of the back. Questions don't bother me. I roll with the tide. Requests are the things that put me in a spin of anger. Some people request some ridiculous things that I have to bend over backward to fulfill. And as for phone stuff..I point toward target mobile (hate callin them tech..lmao they activate phones they arent "tech"...w/e though) that's not my job to touch your phone..I could drop it and then what? Fuck that. lol

Someone needs to explain to corporate that activating a damn consumer cellular phone for an elderly person is literally doing jack shit for sales and is only wasting our time. Consumer cellular needs to find a diff partner for that shit like a cell phone store???????? jesus christ None of us should be forced to read a cell phone box off to a guest. I refuse to hold a guests phone out of spite but also the excuse of not wanting to drop it and ruin it. So if mobile isn't there...their phone needs to wait to be activated. I'll ring 'em up and help them read the box but I am not touching their phone. Most of the time the guest will wait and I will even offer a chair from domestics if they're really elderly. I'm far from a jackass but I am not gonna activate phones. -_- That wasn't in my fucking training. UGH. Okay /rant

Visibility pulling cafs items in the backroom when team members ask me if I'm pulling cafs.

I would rather add their minutes myself and make sure it works, from a card that I selected and checked with my own eyes, than have the guest buy a card that a scammer fucked with (by scratching off the code and waiting for someone to activate it) and make a huge scene at GS when it doesn't work. This happened about 9,000,000,000 times back when I was an Electronics Associate at a certain competitor across town

I didn't mind adding them either until one guest wanted me to and her Tracfone had been deactivated. What should have been a short process ended up being over an hour.

Do you still sell (insert obscure item here)? Well, you used to!

That's nice, lady. I used to be baby, but, you know what, things change. We can't sell infinite amounts of different product. Had to make way for the new stuff, buy that instead.

Guest - " mmmm!!!!!! That pop corn smells delicious, where's that smell coming from?."

Me - " hmmmm your standing in front of food ave"

Sigh !!!!!!!!!!

“Where can I find the miniblinds?”

At Home Depot, that’s where.

“I just bought some here recently though!”

Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back