Archived What questions do you hate being asked the most at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're LOD and get called up to SD to speak to a guest and said guest says "You're not the manager."

Me: "I'm the leader on duty, how may I help you, ma'am?"

Guest: "I've never heard of a leader on duty, I want the manager."

Me: "Ma'am, I'm more than happy to help and am empowered to do so, but if you don't want to speak to me, you can call our store team leader tomorrow or come by when they're working."

Guest: "Are they the manager?"

Ultimate facepalm.

"Where are your leggings?"

Unfortunately leggings mean different things to different people. So when I ask clarifying questions to see if they want lounge\yoga pants leggings, compression leggings, or hosiery leggings, they give me a look that screams they think I'm stupid for not knowing what they want.

"Where are your leggings?"

Unfortunately leggings mean different things to different people. So when I ask clarifying questions to see if they want lounge\yoga pants leggings, compression leggings, or hosiery leggings, they give me a look that screams they think I'm stupid for not knowing what they want.
Seconded. Usually I'll start off with "what kind of leggings do you have in mind?" Nine times out of ten, that clarifies everything. The other one gets mad because we don't have tacky Lisa Frank leggings and that they're going to Walmart.

"Where are y'alls [insert item that literally every other retailer carries that Target doesn't]?"

XNbzQ4g.jpg

"Where are y'alls [insert item that literally every other retailer carries that Target doesn't]?"
I think it's really cute when they come to Target, a store with a limited grocery selection, and get upset because we don't have some specialized grocery item that you could probably only find at Whole Foods or something anyway.

“Hey can you have housekeeping take care of....”

90% of the time the answer is no. Unless the floor, bathrooms, or paper towels and soap are empty, then no.

“Can you call CSC to check if...” No. Ask that area’s TL to handle their business.

“Where can I find the miniblinds?”

At Home Depot, that’s where.

“I just bought some here recently though!”

Bullshit.

Hang on....we used to sell blinds....we stopped maybe a year ago, so lots of people don't know that we don't carry them anymore.
In fact some of us up front didn't know we stopped selling blinds....until we asked over the walkie about them......then got told "we dont 'sell those anymore." How to feel stupid in front of the guest.

I hate when anyone asks me for help for anything, how dare you make me do my job

/s kinda but not really

Our power was out for a couple of days and it was very obvious we were running on a generator and the question I got all those days was

“Are you guys running on a generator?”
“Yes we are”
“Oh that’s what I thought”

Sigh

When working FR and answering the phone. Do you have "item''? Check the Zebra and it says 1 available, ah, right. Maybe 1. So now, I need to decide to tell a white lie to the caller and tell them we don't have it because I know that unless it's a blue moon on the third Wednesday of the month, no one from the sales area will answer the walkie request to confirm we actually have the item, grab it, and take it to GS. Only one of the ETL's cares to "motivate" the floor TM's to answer my walkie request and confirm we actually have the item. I really don't want an angry caller coming to the store without getting the item that I promised. Of course, I can't leave the FR to get it myself. On the other hand, if I'm calling the backroom, those folks rock and will do whatever it takes to locate, confirm and hold items.

If it's an item that hasn't had a sales date in months just say no

Guest: is this where I do order pickup

Me: *grabs free standing order pickup sign and throws it against the wall hanging giant order pickup sign*
If you bring those, I'll go grab all the "Let us get it for you next time." and "Let us do the heavy lifting." signs from toys and infant tiles and we can start a bonfire in the parking lot.

I actually ripped one of the "Let us do the heavy lifting." signs down in a rage one time, but that's another story.

Guest: is this where I do order pickup

Me: *grabs free standing order pickup sign and throws it against the wall hanging giant order pickup sign*
I usually work at the sco which is next to guest service where our order pick up is. Guests will literally walk in the store, go past guest service to come up to me and ask where order pick up is at. I just smile and point behind them. Bless their hearts.

Anyone else get guests that come up to you in SCO and go “is this customer service?”

????????? how are you even alive rn being so unaware of your surrounds lol

I have to admit to getting off work and wandering into stores when I had no business doing it.
Shopping when you are brain dead like that is worse than shopping drunk.
And yes, I have asked staff questions, where I could see in their eyes as they looked at the huge sign over their shoulder, which answered that very same questions.
It is sad when you realize you are one of those people.

*cart attendant calls out*
“Do you mind grabbing carts until the next CA comes in?”
*stuck in the rain for 8 hours *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back