Archived what would happen if your lod locked you in the store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could a LOD get fired for locking a TM in the store on accident?
What about losing keys?

Losing keys is an automatic final.

Locking a TM in the store isn't good, but I'm not sure it's as severe. Would probably depend on whether that LOD has had prior incidents, whether they called on the overhead that they were setting the alarm, etc.

That said, both occurrences can get you fired if they happen more than once...especially losing keys. Forgetting to lock the doors is another one!

People in the store I worked lost keys. It wasn't an automatic final. AP had to have the locks changed And they were annoyed about it.

If I got locked in the store, I'd call the alarm company or the non-emergency number for the police department. Then chill at TSC until someone lets me out (while still clocked in of course).

Locking TM in the store is a final, second offense is term. Happened to two separate ETLs since I've been working at Target.
This makes sense, considering that the LOD is supposed to know the exact number of TMs in the store at any given time, so that they can account for everyone in an emergency. If there was a fire and they were off by one, either someone might get left behind or a TL might be sent in to find someone who isn't there (putting their life at risk for no reason). If they can't do a head count at the end of the night, they definitely can't keep track of TMs in an emergency situation (potentially opening Target up to a lawsuit).

Why can't you just exit via a fire escape door?
You could probably also unlatch the sliding doors and walk right out, though it would leave the front doors unlocked...
Edit: And probably set off alarms.

Why can't you just exit via a fire escape door?

You can, but it still makes the first-responder for alarms have to drive to the store at whatever time they're triggered and call the alarm center as well as have police search the store.

An ETL locked target mobile in once. They didn't leave after store closed and went to the back room to do signs or something. He went to leave through TSC at like 1 AM and alarms were going off, cops etc. it was a mess.

Flow is always locked in. When we have suuuper early shifts that end before the store opens, we have to wait to be let out if the LOD isn't cool enough to just leave the door that can't even be opened from the outside unlocked. Lame. I've done a punch correction for my time waiting like that.

I have been locked in. Nobody was fired. Nobody was put on final.
Hypothetically you shouldn't know if they were put on final or talked to.

Is call the local pd non- emergency number...I'm not a tl so who cares where else I could get contact info....

This happened to a TM at my store. Her walkie battery died and she was in the restroom. The rest of the closing team left without her. I don't think anything happened to the LOD. Somehow the TM was just able to walk out the door without an alarm going off. Since then, the LODs must make sure every closing tm leaves before they do.

Also, an ETL once left a tm sitting outside in December in freezing weather waiting for her ride while she and the rest of the closing team went home. Said ETL has since left. The tm was joking around with our LOD the other night about this incident and the LOD got very upset. Idk why though because I doubt anything was said to the ETL who did it.

We did have an STL lock in the Cart Attendant in twice, he was given a warning and then finial.

We had a Sr. TL LOD lock a TM in once. He was in the TMC looking up his paycheck on the computers and she somehow forgot about him. He exited through the fire doors after having an anxiety attack and not knowing what to do.

Ironically, she was probably the most careful about doing her job correctly and never making mistakes out of all the LODs. The woman took videos of herself locking up the cash office and front doors every night, and she actually pulled on the doors so hard one night (making sure they were locked) that she kind of broke one of them. I guess the lesson here is, don't be too careful? Because irony.

We had it happen once, when we were 4AM. Since then, the closing LOD/TLOD team will each highlight the names of all the TMs in the building at close on their grids, and check them off as they leave. We are an overnight store now so this practice is largely redundant for locking people in as there is always an LOD in the store, but it drives LOD/TLOD accountability for their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back