Logistics What's everyone's opinion on the (possible) elimination of the Reverse Logistics Expert position?

I don't see anything wrong with my post other than it isn't kissing Spot's ass. I'm not faulting TMs in any way.
"I particularly love the idea that they'll get rid of the position in January, forcing the receivers to fight for hours in other departments amid the worst month for hours, especially at stores slow to cull the seasonal herd (like mine last year)."

Some people worked hard to get to that point, myself included. We deserve 40 hours and there aren't may positions in retail that offer that (all year round). Granted, there are some Receivers that DON'T deserve that 40 (Depending on their work ethic and how good of an employee they are). It's just the simple fact that it's retail and not everyone is going to get 40 hours. Saying what you said is not fair to the people that have worked their ass off to get that stable 40.

I think it's so funny about defecting and esim and blah blah blah. I just dump that shit in the compactor. This just proves Target doesn't care beyond the public image.

Don't quote my message and tell me how wrong I am. I don't feel guilty, and I don't care.
A good example of some one that doesn't deserve 40 hours a week. This genius right here. You're a good example of why Target got fined in California. TWICE.

Last edited:
Some people worked hard to get to that point, myself included. We deserve 40 hours and there aren't may positions in retail that offer that (all year round). Granted, there are some Receivers that DON'T deserve that 40 (Depending on their work ethic and how good of an employee they are). It's just the simple fact that it's retail and not everyone is going to get 40 hours. Saying what you said is not fair to the people that have worked their ass off to get that stable 40.
What isn't fair is the method. Right now the receiver has dedicated hours, hours that aren't assigned to more than one person. Remove the position, move the receiver to GM or front end or wherever, you've added 1 additional person to the team member pool. So the same number of hours are being split among more people, so everyone receives less. And the former receivers are likely not going to get their 40 because they are now eating from a group pie and the slices are pretty thin.

Does anybody know when this hell breaks loose? I’ve heard both 2020 and 2021 from other team members but nothing from any of the bosses. This really sucks.

As someone who works sweeps at the dc I curse stores constantly over improperly sorted / or pallets of mixed repacks or some don’t care and put them in anyway they wish so upon arrival to me they are fallen all over or strewn from one end of the trailer to the other
A store culture is hard to break. We’re a high volume and the GMTLs don’t give a crap when I say to not mix repack colors, put repacks on CHEP pallets or stack different type of pallets together. I let the Inbound TL and ETL but they don’t care either. “Let the DC take care if it, they’ll take anything.”

Last edited:
Exactly, thank you! 👍
Not everyone deserves hours. It's no different anywhere else in retail. Full time positions get the hours. Part time positions don't unless its a busier time of the year. As long as payroll isn't an issue.

Not everyone deserves hours. It's no different anywhere else in retail. Full time positions get the hours. Part time positions don't unless its a busier time of the year. As long as payroll isn't an issue.

OK, so under that logic, if the receiver position is eliminated, that former receiver no longer has a full-time job. So, they don't deserve the hours any more than I do. Spot is turning us against each other with these position eliminations. You know payroll will be an issue -- they wouldn't be getting rid of the position if it couldn't save them money. So yeah, it could affect me. Our receiver often works SFS. If/when their position is eliminated, the store will probably shove them into our department, just like they did with the backroom team. Will we magically get more orders and more hours so the receiver can keep their 40 hours and not have us part-time fulfillment members lose hours in turn (or vice-versa: the receiver could be forced out because they'll prefer to give hours to established fulfillment workers)? I think we all know the answer.

You seem to think I hate receivers, and I do not. I hate how the elimination of their position will cause them to become another obstacle to our team members (or whatever team the receiver joins) getting hours, because they will be getting their hours from "our" pot, instead of their own dedicated (likely full-time) pot. I felt the same way when those backroom people lost their positions and I had my hours cut to make room for them in fulfillment. It's the practice, not the people.

OK, so under that logic, if the receiver position is eliminated, that former receiver no longer has a full-time job. So, they don't deserve the hours any more than I do. Spot is turning us against each other with these position eliminations. You know payroll will be an issue -- they wouldn't be getting rid of the position if it couldn't save them money. So yeah, it could affect me. Our receiver often works SFS. If/when their position is eliminated, the store will probably shove them into our department, just like they did with the backroom team. Will we magically get more orders and more hours so the receiver can keep their 40 hours and not have us part-time fulfillment members lose hours in turn (or vice-versa: the receiver could be forced out because they'll prefer to give hours to established fulfillment workers)? I think we all know the answer.

You seem to think I hate receivers, and I do not. I hate how the elimination of their position will cause them to become another obstacle to our team members (or whatever team the receiver joins) getting hours, because they will be getting their hours from "our" pot, instead of their own dedicated (likely full-time) pot. I felt the same way when those backroom people lost their positions and I had my hours cut to make room for them in fulfillment. It's the practice, not the people.
The position will not be eliminated. You said you don’t hate receiver and I believe that, however the receiver does a lot and sometimes even the 40 hours a week won’t give him/her enough time to finish everything that needs to be done . It’s not just vendors is not just a recall or ir , is not just a esim sort or esim log , or back room audit or sweep or po’s , item merge and etc . Like I said receivers have a lot that no one sees . My store gets 70 hours for receiving alone we have two receivers . I talked to my dtl and with certainty I was told that receiving is not going away .

The position will not be eliminated. You said you don’t hate receiver and I believe that, however the receiver does a lot and sometimes even the 40 hours a week won’t give him/her enough time to finish everything that needs to be done . It’s not just vendors is not just a recall or ir , is not just a esim sort or esim log , or back room audit or sweep or po’s , item merge and etc . Like I said receivers have a lot that no one sees . My store gets 70 hours for receiving alone we have two receivers . I talked to my dtl and with certainty I was told that receiving is not going away .
From my knowledge it is not going away. Only stores that are low volume enough will terminate the position. Which makes sense. And I couldn't say it better myself. Along with PMT/PML There are no 2 people in the building with more that they have to keep up with weekly.

If that happens at your store, that's just something you'll have to deal with then. They shouldn't eliminate the position in the first place. Target is not hurting for money. They just don't want to pay it out. Like any other company. If that happens to me here and i'm not getting 40 all year long, like I always have. I'll leave. Simple as that. I work for a full-time position, not part-time.

Personally I think the receiver position itself is being overlooked here. It is truly a specialty position. Spot seems to think that with a little training (and I do emphasize the word little) anyone can do it. Its just not that easy. The more hands in this pot the more potential for error. Product flows in through many different channels into the store. Food vendors, DC and FDC trucks. UPS, Fedex, Alcohol etc. Product also flows out through different channels.So many people think its just a simple process of pushing buttons on a handheld. Then there is the ESIM side of receiving. Sure that isn't rocket science, but the receivers I have dealt with have that area locked down, everything in its place labeled, tagged and bagged correctly. It doesn't take a genius to know that with more hands in the area how awful this would look in short order. And this is an area where $fines$ come into play.While I don't think it is a good idea for 1 person to hold that much responsibility ( easy to make themselves immune to replacement) I do think you could have 2 or 3 people handle the job but not any Sally Sue that happens to be working.

A good example of some one that doesn't deserve 40 hours a week. This genius right here. You're a good example of why Target got fined in California. TWICE.

And I wonder how the public would feel feel if they knew that ALL the recycling in the store I work at went in the compactor? No, we have no recycling for plastic. I've watched enviro-moms do their duty by bringing in their recycling fir our bins up front. Then our cleaning crew dumps it all in their trash bin and puts it in the compactor. Why? Because this store has no recycling.

And I wonder how the public would feel feel if they knew that ALL the recycling in the store I work at went in the compactor? No, we have no recycling for plastic. I've watched enviro-moms do their duty by bringing in their recycling fir our bins up front. Then our cleaning crew dumps it all in their trash bin and puts it in the compactor. Why? Because this store has no recycling.
I was pissed when I found our store didn’t recycle the plastic bags. California stores are suppose to have at Front of Store and brought to the back at the end of the day or full. I tracked it to the compacter door and was pissed when they threw it out.

It’s really about holding leadership accountable. Leadership didn’t care until our PMT told his boss about shelf labels strips and hard plastics in the compacter.

I have heard there is a lot of disincentive to recycle now. China quit taking our recycle garbage where anything goes, and the US companies will not accept a load that is 5% or more contaminated. So the entire bin of plastic bags would be trash anyway if someone wasn't looking at the signs and dropped their Starbucks into it.

I was pissed when I found our store didn’t recycle the plastic bags. California stores are suppose to have at Front of Store and brought to the back at the end of the day or full. I tracked it to the compacter door and was pissed when they threw it out.

It’s really about holding leadership accountable. Leadership didn’t care until our PMT told his boss about shelf labels strips and hard plastics in the compacter.

Holding leadership accountable? That's laughable. All they care about is profit. Now if there was a way to show the public that, maybe.

If I was going to hold leadership accountable, I'd have bigger fish to fry than the recycling.

Back