Archived what's up! i'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was hired at target as a hardlines seasonal team member (guess who is working thanksgiving night AND black friday) and i figured i'd join here because it seems really helpful.

i'm only on my third shift today, and i'm really hoping to stay on after seasonal as a permanent team member. i'm slowly getting the hang of things, but if you know of any good advice for hard lines in a HIGH VOLUME store (my store is so extremely high volume) i'd really appreciate it!

and ways to convince them to keep me on after the season's up...

If you really want to stay on, learn everything, and be someone they can count on. Front calls for backup? Be the first one up there (provided you're not busy). Callbox goes off? Announce that you're going for it. Softlines asks about an item over the walkie? Be the one to help them find it.

Take initiative, and they'll take care of you. Good luck.

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Welcome to TBR and Target! I've been a Hardlines TM for almost two years at a high volume P-Fresh store, so if you have any questions feel free to message me. In addition to what HardlinesGuy said, try to be as global as possible. If they ask you to do something you don't know how to do, ALWAYS say "I don't know how but I'd really love to learn." Own your zone, drive surveys and redcards when you go for backup, show you are willing to help the team as much as possible.

Do what you're told, always perform the yes and nod when talking to bosses, and don't forget your monthly animal sacrifice to "the pit". You do those things and you will make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back