Archived Whats your Pet Peeves at Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about it, but going to a different store won't attract nearly the attention. It's better than playing, "pass the discount card to all my friends in line" like some people do. Ooh...that would be #13.

11. Friends who find out where I'm working and show up at my door with money for me to pick up a sale item that I'm not even sure will fit in my car.

This happened to me last night! I'm standing in electronics at 10:30pm shopping for someone over the phone.

i havent been on the sales floor alot to have these pet peeves, but when i am, i have no patience with old people, who hold me up for 5 minutes for something that requires 5 seconds of help, plus half of them are rude as F***. same with the older TMs who expect me to kiss there ass every second of the day just because there old

Guests who let their children play with a toy, drool all over it while they are shopping and hand it to you dripping wet because they now don't want it
Guest who rip open packaged underwear like there is a double stuffed oreo inside
Team members who leave their trash and garbage on the table for someone else to clean up
When a team member goes to HR and says they can't work one of their scheduled shifts. HR says "ok" and just takes them off the schedule and does not replace them
Food in the break room that has sat all day long for the closing team
Too much paperwork and not enough time to do it. If they want us to document everything, write contributions, status and business walks, give us time off the floor to do them. Otherwise they will continue to look like a 4th grader wrote them
New bosses every 9 months
Team members who yell on the walkie
Guests who talk on their cells while they are checking out.

lets see incompetent team members, i mean come on your in your late 20's or so if you hit a damn E-stop or jam reset reset it, don't call me down there to do it for you.

these fresh out of college GL's that think there important, look I've got stuff to do, just do what i tell you when i tell you and get out of my way!

My SGL for not letting us keep that wav

those damn stupid store etls that visit every now and again, they just don't understand neither them or there store is of any importance to me, unless there decent volume (B and above)

Team members always screwing up load wheels.

team members seaming to think the FacOps equipment is spare, if your using all 7 of your triples, you don't need one of ours damn it!

this new Maximo

I could go on but I'm getting ready to go to work

Last edited:
I was in kind of a bad mood today and not really talkative like I normally am today. I was just pretty quiet. Had a guest complain about me for the first time ever. He was upset I didn't talk to him much and claimed I "grunted" at him. I wasn't really angry at anybody, I have a drip in the back of my throat due to allergies. Perhaps he thought me clearing my throat was a grunt directed at him. But he went to my GSTL and complained about me. I got coached. I'd really like to add guests that don't understand that sometimes people have a bad day and are smiling ear to ear and talking up a storm because of that. That really pissed me off even more and made me feel even worse. I've never had a guest complain about me before, and to claim I grunted at them was an outrageous accusation. I didn't grunt or give anybody a hard time at all today. I hate people sometimes.

I was in kind of a bad mood today and not really talkative like I normally am today..

Sounds like you are admitting you were the cause. Target has high standards for service. Brush it off and be better tomorrow, thats all you can really do

Guests who leave their empty shoppin carts in the middle of the checklanes...oh I'm sorry you assumed you rented a few slaves during your target shopping experience..

People who can't seem to figure out how to operate the Photo kiosks
Women with artificial nails who try to palm the buttons but end up touching the entire screen (I actually brought in a stylus just for them)
People who try to manipulate the on screen tools as if it were an iOS device and then b!tch that they don't know how to use it.
People who rummage and destroy the bath, facial, and clean up papers for a specific color box or pacakge

lets see incompetent team members, i mean come on your in your late 20's or so if you hit a damn E-stop or jam reset reset it, don't call me down there to do it for you.

these fresh out of college GL's that think there important, look I've got stuff to do, just do what i tell you when i tell you and get out of my way!

My SGL for not letting us keep that wav

those damn stupid store etls that visit every now and again, they just don't understand neither them or there store is of any importance to me, unless there decent volume (B and above)

Team members always screwing up load wheels.

team members seaming to think the FacOps equipment is spare, if your using all 7 of your triples, you don't need one of ours damn it!

this new Maximo

I could go on but I'm getting ready to go to work

LoL! I don't know what any of those things are...

haha I love when the phones are over head, and the LOD is nagging to answer the phone, when they are in TSC next to a phone! HAHA

If I were to list all my pet peeves in the Sea of Red, I'm fairly certain it would cause the server to get overloaded and the site would die again, so I'll only list two for now.

1. Cashiers that do everything they can to get out of cashing (collecting hangers, OneSpot re-shop, straightening carts) and don't jump on when there are lines.
2. GSTL/GSAs that call for back-ups when the sales floor is short, but don't speedweave and ask the previously mentioned cashiers to open up.

I hate people sometimes.

I hate people all the time.

Sounds like you are admitting you were the cause. Target has high standards for service. Brush it off and be better tomorrow, thats all you can really do

How can I possibly be the cause? I had 4 hours of sleep. I was slinging carts around the lot all day as cart attendant until 10:30pm then opened the next morning. Why don't you try it once. See how happy and chipper you are when you're soar and tired. No offense, but when they have you opening after you get home around midnight it isn't enough time to recharge the batteries.

How can I possibly be the cause? I had 4 hours of sleep. I was slinging carts around the lot all day as cart attendant until 10:30pm then opened the next morning. Why don't you try it once. See how happy and chipper you are when you're soar and tired. No offense, but when they have you opening after you get home around midnight it isn't enough time to recharge the batteries.
I have done your job. I had to close last night & open today. I had noobs doing your job, because you had called out.

I have done your job. I had to close last night & open today. I had noobs doing your job, because you had called out.

I had called out? Are you talking about me? I had called out? Sorry Hardlinemaster I am not understanding where you're going with this.

I close and open the following day twice a week. (Most nights that I close I don't get home until 1230am) I know it sucks

I have had several TM's TL's and myself close and open the following day, as well as close and do ad setup 4am the next day, and yes we are tired but NEVER used tired as an excuse for a mood. im me all day any day no matter how tired I get.

I had called out? Are you talking about me? I had called out? Sorry Hardlinemaster I am not understanding where you're going with this.

I think he was talking about his own store. His TMs were bringing in carts because his cart attendant had called out.

57. - I reached the limit on how many times I can add to my first post - only a 1000 character's --- how annoying ---

58. - Team members who hang signage in the middle of the night with that pole thing-ie and eather poke holes in or drop ceiling tiles out of the grid ---- and don't leave a note for me ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back