Archived Whats your Pet Peeves at Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No particular order:

1) Being asked by a guest "how do we get out of here?" Ummm...probably the same way you came in dumb@ss

I don't know how many more times I can be asked this question without saying "SERIOUSLY!?!?!?"

3) Getting stuck with new TM's during a closing shift and being expected to train them AND zone two departments

omg...yes.

No particular order:

1) Being asked by a guest "how do we get out of here?" Ummm...probably the same way you came in dumb@ss
2) Huddles...or being told I need to be more vocal at the huddles
3) Getting stuck with new TM's during a closing shift and being expected to train them AND zone two departments
4) Getting sh#t over a single red score while the rest of sales floor scores are green
5) Bread vendors

LMAO. someone asked "excuse me, i'm lost, how do i get out of here?" the other day... i was holding back tears of laughter.

No particular order:

4) Getting sh#t over a single red score while the rest of sales floor scores are green
5) Bread vendors

Number three and and Number five are mine off this list! I would add our pepperage farm vendor as well. He's a total douche.

Team members who ask for something on the radio and then don't leave any airspace to actually reply because they're already complaining about how no one is responding.

-when one of our SrTLs gets scheduled for a couple hours on cashiering...and never even comes within sight of the front lanes for the entire time. Basically, we just run short and scramble and put off breaks and such until that shift is over.

-when one of our SrTLs gets scheduled for a couple hours on cashiering...and never even comes within sight of the front lanes for the entire time. Basically, we just run short and scramble and put off breaks and such until that shift is over.

Why is a Senior Team Leader being scheduled as a cashier?

Why is a Senior Team Leader being scheduled as a cashier?

I have seen it happen. They won't necessarily cashier that shift. The store is just giving them hours. Usually whenever one of my store's had a GSTL go on vacation for a week or sick. They would make the ETL-HR play GSTL for the shift if the rest of the GSTLs had a full schedule.

1. People who don't put their fixtures away in the fixture room, creating a death trap. It's not that difficult to put fixtures away, especially when the fixture room has been cleaned and organized.

I'm tired of cleaning up after everybody else. I know it's in my job description, but I shouldn't have to constantly pick up after lazy TMs who can't be bothered to put their stuff away, especially when they are common everyday fixtures.

2. People who don't break their peghooks down.

3. When ETLs hold me accountable for keeping the fixture room clean and safe, and I can't hold the TMs accountable for their messes left behind.

WOW Are you sure we aren't the same person? Luckily I am able to hold people accountable for their own fixtures. its pretty obvious with most fixtures who is doing what. if it is softline shelves they didnt put away.. I make the softlines team leads and the soft lines etl come back and put them away. same for hardlines. My ETL and STL backed me up multiple times with this and it takes care of the problem of them not coaching their own team members on how and where to put their fixtures. Trust me the TL's dont like being told to come back to hang all the shelves that their team members left sitting around.

My other pet peeve...
when 10 people punch in at 5 minutes to 8am and they stand at the front checklanes doing nothing until huddle starts. they could be helping to push the one spot which typically sits there everyday till around 9am

I found a new one:

Someone walked around the store placing coupons near the item they were good for, Im anti coupon so it really irritated me.

No particular order:

5) Bread vendors

What I find absolutely hilarious is that when I was leaving tonight you had #2 and #3. If I had read this earlier I would have had a good laugh with you.

WOW Are you sure we aren't the same person? Luckily I am able to hold people accountable for their own fixtures. its pretty obvious with most fixtures who is doing what. if it is softline shelves they didnt put away.. I make the softlines team leads and the soft lines etl come back and put them away. same for hardlines. My ETL and STL backed me up multiple times with this and it takes care of the problem of them not coaching their own team members on how and where to put their fixtures. Trust me the TL's dont like being told to come back to hang all the shelves that their team members left sitting around.

So why don't you just coach the TM? I wish someone would call me back to put up some shelves that a TM left...oh wait.."make me" put up some shelves. Yeah, that's not happening. If you see it, you own it. Correct the damn problem and follow up.

There's a recent change at my store that is bugging the um .... stuff ... out of me.

Since some people like to hide inthe backroom instead of grabbing pulls and um ... DOING THEIR DAMN JOB

Now no sales floor people get to go back there, for tvs for guests, for pulls from the line, for electronic lockup items, nothing.

Seriously, your answer for a few bad apples is to punish the whole tree? JUST FIRE THE BAD APPLES! Or at least coach the **** out of them...

ssssiiigh.

Guests who complain about the coupons ( yep still get those occasionally) guests who say well wal-mart does this..... Guests who complain they have to purchase the cups at food avenue awww you have to walk all the way over there?? Guests who throw clothing on the ground and do not bother picking it up..... Guests who let the kids run amok all over the store run under clothing racks etc,etc..... Guests who let the kids stand in the carts or let the kids lay under the carts..... Guests who complain about me asking for the ID....... Guests who want the pillows in a bag hello it is in a bag! Guests who want the TP, Paper Towels in a bag when we have the handles. Once again gotta love guests!

I found a new one:

Someone walked around the store placing coupons near the item they were good for, Im anti coupon so it really irritated me.

I've seen that before and I throw the coupons out. They're often expired anyhow.

1. People who don't put their fixtures away in the fixture room, creating a death trap. It's not that difficult to put fixtures away, especially when the fixture room has been cleaned and organized.

I'm tired of cleaning up after everybody else. I know it's in my job description, but I shouldn't have to constantly pick up after lazy TMs who can't be bothered to put their stuff away, especially when they are common everyday fixtures.

2. People who don't break their peghooks down.

3. When ETLs hold me accountable for keeping the fixture room clean and safe, and I can't hold the TMs accountable for their messes left behind.

My other pet peeve...
when 10 people punch in at 5 minutes to 8am and they stand at the front checklanes doing nothing until huddle starts. they could be helping to push the one spot which typically sits there everyday till around 9am

Ive done this. I was doing my PI and a TL asked me to put these in the fixture room. So I had to carry 4 and two PDA's back there. I had my hands full I just set them in-front of the signs.

I've put some thought to this and it all comes down to one sentence;
Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

Don't try off a health care care savings plan and call it health insurance.

Don't tell me how much you value the TM and then cut their hours to a point that the long term folks are using their vacation time and the new ones are having to go on part time unemployment.

Don't tell me you want to pay reasonable wages, than give reviews that are glowing up to the point that it needs to drop down to low enough to not give more than a bottom threshold.

Don't tell me you want to create a culture of appreciation and recognition in the stores and than demand that everyone write GTC. It's just a way for the TL and ETL's to get out of having to do all the work.

Don't say how much you appreciate LGBT community and than give money to a group who are against that community. Yea, I know they didn't do it on purpose but do your flipping research for crying out loud.

Those motorized carts for old people. Almost taken out 2x, thank God for basedecks. Actually got hit by one once, knocked sideways to the ground. LOD said to shake it off, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back