Archived Whats your Pet Peeves at Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- slackers
- guests that leave trash in carts
- guests that get mad when they have to show their id
- when guests try and cut me off when im bringing in carts
- when guests give me their reusable bags after ive already bagged several items

When customers tell me about **** I really don't care about: including, but not limited to, the price of gas and how it's going up, the price of diesel and how it jumped 5-10 cents in the past day or two, prices on cigarettes, that our car wash is a piece of ****, ect ect.

When customers tell me about **** I really don't care about: including, but not limited to, the price of gas and how it's going up, the price of diesel and how it jumped 5-10 cents in the past day or two, prices on cigarettes, that our car wash is a piece of ****, ect ect.

The price of gas went up -- "I ride a bike"

Diesel is at an all time high -- "I use french fry oil"

Tobacco is expensive -- "I grow my own"

Mets -- "Dodgers"

Democrats -- "Republican"

Country -- "Western"

Jazz -- "Anything else"

Up -- "Down"

No mater what they say - go the other way --

Oh - almost forgot my favorite --

God -- "Where gonna eat a baby tonight -- wanna come" --

14. Team members from other stores who try to tell me how to do my job when they come into my store.

lol someone did this the other day, she was like "um, the lines are too long you need to tell your gstl to call for back up now." as if none of the cashiers didn't know that the lines were backed up...

when i go to another target store and the cashier says, "can i see your ID to confirm that this is your TM discount card." lmaoooo... really tho???

How can I possibly be the cause? I had 4 hours of sleep. I was slinging carts around the lot all day as cart attendant until 10:30pm then opened the next morning. Why don't you try it once. See how happy and chipper you are when you're soar and tired. No offense, but when they have you opening after you get home around midnight it isn't enough time to recharge the batteries.
It's not enough time but you just do it.

I just did that this weekend, worked 3:15-11:45 on saturday then opened today from 8-4:30 and I was dead the whole dead but I made it. It's especially hard since we are cart attendants and outside in the heat/cold unlike salesfloor people. I'm outside sweating while everyone else is hanging clothes, checking out guests, and chit chatting. (I'm sure salesfloor people have alot of tasks to do sometimes, but I've never seen a salesfloor person sweat) It sucks but you gotta do your job still. For me its worst because I gotta cover Guest Service, Food Ave, and Electronics while responding for 1+1 since the salesfloor goes silent as soon as the GSTL calls ALL WHILE keeping carts full and restrooms clean on a weekend by myself.

Last edited:
- Electronics TMs who talk to Target mobile instead of doing anything productive with their time
- Overflowing abandon and sub-par zones
- loud people on the walkies
- too many backup cashier calls (when i walk up and the situation has corrected itself)
- micromanagement
- shoes
- the hunger games commercial running in electronics
- one spot items abandoned all over the store
- always needing to print labels for something all the time
- vendors
- overhead calls for anything
- price checks for insignificant items
- guests who want us to be their personal shopper
- empty carts left all over the store

Last edited:
- when instocks and guets put items in the wrong place it makes it harder to reshop
- when we run out of backstock clips on sunday nights
- having to push a flat instead of pulling it
- gsa's that get mad if you have way more than 25 carts on the quickart
- guest's that urinate on the floor in the bathroom
- when the quick disolve powder in the spill cleanup station's gets in your mouth and nose
- when you have to take the bluray movie out of its case.. it just takes way too long
- guests that bring up a full cart of items right before 10

-Employees whom are not trained properly; Pretty much the entire store.
-New TM's that started 2 months prior training newer TM's in various dept's
-Guests that can not read the fine print on ad signs, 7x11's and the coupons in their hands...
-children playing on the kiosk's (I swear I will break those little fingers and eat them for LUNCH with bbq sauce on them!)
-That one 'regular' guest that comes once a week with the stack of expired coupons and tries to go through every cashier until one accepts them all...
-TM's that don't smile or stand in front of their lanes when cashiering
-Finding large bags filled of expired candy from the checklanes at Guest Service...

here's a new one...
-Having to tell guests lame answers when being asked "why are you carding me?" when being prompted for DRANO and the dumbfounded looks on their faces are priceless!

- guests who want us to be their personal shopper
Your "personal shopper" answer is pretty vague.

I don't mind it as much when it's an actual impaired person needing assistance. The visually impaired folks are a riot to work with as long as they don't bring their dogs into the store. Then it becomes an AP issue because of guests complaints... I've had difficulty communicating with the deaf because I'm not fluent in sign language. But I've picked up a few of the basics over the years in retail, so I can generally communicate with them. New York or Italian sign language need not apply. har har

I also don't mind helping guests find things to pick out on the registry. I mean... cmon, who wouldn't want a set of new frying pans vs a spoon rest? Suggest a knife block on the list too and you got a possible red card coming your way!

"Which do you like? Pink or blue?"... questions are not too much to ask for as long as the guest is looking for a personal opinion. We are there to help them after all...

Asking me to go retrieve a 12pk of Diet Coke so you can get it for free at the register is certainly out of the question. Hobble your pooper over to A19 and get it yourself!

Personal shopper as in when people want me to go get stuff for them - like your comment about the diet coke. Or when a guest makes no attempt to locate an item after you help them find one thing and they rattle off their list to you. Sorry for any confusion -- I have no problem at all helping guests who may have impairments.

I had to help a guest who was blind one time. It was really enjoyable. He was really nice and polite and appreciative. I wouldn't mind doing that again.

Guests who keep on shopping whiles their kids are screaming crying their eyes out.common sense people ! And don't give me that crap ,that if you leave the store then,you 'll spoil your kids,and that you need to teach them a lesson !

Personal shopper on the phone no mam,we do not have the peach color flats with white on the side,I know that the website says we have them ,but we don't.it doesn't matter if you give me the dcpi,we do not have them.and you are welcome to visit the store if you wish.and no I don't care if the store is on your hubby's way home from work,I will not put oreos,a pair of pants,a pair of shoes,a 12 pack of pepsi ,a pack of gum on hold for him.and no,I do not know if the white shoes would go with the tan skirt you have....

No particular order:

1) Being asked by a guest "how do we get out of here?" Ummm...probably the same way you came in dumb@ss
2) Huddles...or being told I need to be more vocal at the huddles
3) Getting stuck with new TM's during a closing shift and being expected to train them AND zone two departments
4) Getting sh#t over a single red score while the rest of sales floor scores are green
5) Bread vendors

The constant lack of plates in our breakroom...
The fact that no one cleans the utensils in the breakroom when theyre done with them...

Last edited:
reading all these makes me realize how small my target is, half the things said i never have to deal with or have even heard of. We don't even have a CA employed.

Last edited:
ill admit at my target the break room is nasty, especially the ehr kiosk that thing hasnt been cleaned in many many many months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back