Archived When TMs leave myDevices where guests can get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed into a myDevice today and this is what came up after it loaded...

6VBnRwP.jpg

o_Oo_Oo_O

We had someone steal one. They took the iPod inside and left the red case. Apparently, they cost about $800. We got a big speech at huddle about signing them out and always using the holsters.

We had someone steal one. They took the iPod inside and left the red case. Apparently, they cost about $800. We got a big speech at huddle about signing them out and always using the holsters.
We actually got a speech about just the holsters today.

"They cost $30 apiece!"

We struggled all day today with the issue of not having enough Mydevices to go around, despite having very few team members...yet the speech we got was over the fucking HOLSTERS and not the Mydevices themselves.

Who cares about holsters, when we can't even find MyDevices to put them in?!

Pfff, maybe if you were going to buy your own at a service provider. That may be the cost for the average consumer, but there's no way it's what Target paid. Not that it means you can toss them around and let them get lost of course. Just challenging the hyperbolic rant from your LOD.

We use the same devices for our Baby Registries, and one has been missing for about 2 weeks now. Pretty sure it's gone for good. I'm surprised how many of these cases open up so easily. I can slide the phone right out.

I signed into a myDevice today and this is what came up after it loaded...

6VBnRwP.jpg

o_Oo_Oo_O

How haven't more people liked this? It's pretty funny. I hope I find a stray one at the other Targets in my area so that I can do this. Also....I just realized, how did this guest get past the security code?

How haven't more people liked this? It's pretty funny. I hope I find a stray one at the other Targets in my area so that I can do this. Also....I just realized, how did this guest get past the security code?

I would think the TM just put it down and walked away and a few seconds later this guy picked it up. It was funny yesterday, my TL showed my me this myDevice and said the same thing.

I would think the TM just put it down and walked away and a few seconds later this guy picked it up. It was funny yesterday, my TL showed my me this myDevice and said the same thing.

Good point. I hate having to log back into the MyWork, so that makes a lot of sense. I rarely ever have to use MyDevices THAT much, but when I do, I keep the screen on.

Though it's pretty easy to figure out the passcode as well. Hehe.

Pfff, maybe if you were going to buy your own at a service provider. That may be the cost for the average consumer, but there's no way it's what Target paid. Not that it means you can toss them around and let them get lost of course. Just challenging the hyperbolic rant from your LOD.

We use the same devices for our Baby Registries, and one has been missing for about 2 weeks now. Pretty sure it's gone for good. I'm surprised how many of these cases open up so easily. I can slide the phone right out.

It's probably what the store pays for each one, but not how much the company pays for each physical device. Ordering has always been bloated.

It's probably what the store pays for each one, but not how much the company pays for each physical device. Ordering has always been bloated.
The cost they are quoting is the price if ordered on sap to the store. It is only applicable if you are ordering above your allotted number.

You used to be able to open them at my store, but now they're screwed shut.

You used to be able to open them at my store, but now they're screwed shut.

What you don't have a T6 torx in your pocket? I now carry one as standard equipment..

And $800 for a MyDevice - Bullshit. We were told $350 about for each one why they are such a deal compared to the grand for each PDA.. At $800 not enough savings to justify the horror show and cost of developing the MyDevice and all the software needed for it.

What you don't have a T6 torx in your pocket? I now carry one as standard equipment..

And $800 for a MyDevice - Bullshit. We were told $350 about for each one why they are such a deal compared to the grand for each PDA.. At $800 not enough savings to justify the horror show and cost of developing the MyDevice and all the software needed for it.
The iPods by themselves cost $199, but I'm guessing Target gets a special deal on them. Yeah, $800 doesn't sound right.

They should probably put alarms in the MyDevices. I had one in my pocket instead of a holster and was going home. Pumping gas at the station, I put my hand in my pocket and realized I had one so I drove back (luckily I was only a mile away) and slipped it back in the charger.

But nothing would have prevented a guest from taking one for the registry and going home with it to wipe clean.

At least some of the keys have security devices on them so you don't accidentally take those home. But I've made it home with an Electronics magkey before. It would be nice to have it beep when you go out the door, even if it's just one of us being absent-minded.

They should probably put alarms in the MyDevices. I had one in my pocket instead of a holster and was going home. Pumping gas at the station, I put my hand in my pocket and realized I had one so I drove back (luckily I was only a mile away) and slipped it back in the charger.

But nothing would have prevented a guest from taking one for the registry and going home with it to wipe clean.

At least some of the keys have security devices on them so you don't accidentally take those home. But I've made it home with an Electronics magkey before. It would be nice to have it beep when you go out the door, even if it's just one of us being absent-minded.

Why we put the tags that cause the doors to freak out if you walk through with keys. Mydevices? If we can get TM's to not leave them everywhere and actual, use holsters we would be alright. But leadership doesn't want to enforce equipment control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back