Archived When were YOU rude?

How long does it take for you to fart in front of a significant other?

• Immediately

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Never

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • 6 months or less

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • 1 year

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 2 years or more

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Not until you live together

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Not until it happens by accident

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear glasses...

76596c200f928e4f1e19a52b9a912d5c.jpg
I hate when my glasses start sliding when I have something in my hand that I HAVE to hold with my index finger.......no, not really

Tuesday....we have a guest who is ALWAYS a total douchebag. He brought in a script for a CII at 1:25. He ALWAYS does this and expects us to get it ready before the pharmacist goes to lunch. I told him it wouldn't be ready until around 2:10 because the pharmacist was going to lunch & had to do 2 flu shots before she left. He says he "NEEDS" it and wants to know why he can't get it sooner. I repeat, "The pharmacist is going to lunch in 5 minutes and is about to do 2 flu shots before she leaves." He continues to argue, saying crap like, "why does she get a lunch? Walgreen's doesn't close for lunch." I finally handed him his prescription back and said, "Then I suggest you take this to Walgreen's. I guarantee you won't have it before 2:10" and walk away. He yells after me, "where are you going? Aren't you going to fill this?" By this time, the pharmacist had completed the flu shots and left, so I told him, "I will, but now it's not going to be ready until at least 2:15." He says, "I thought you said 2:10?" I said, "Well, that was before the pharmacist left. We can't get into the cabinet where this medication is kept until she gets back, so it's going to take longer. Do you want to wait or not?" He says, "I guess I don't have a choice, do I?" I said, "Sure you do, you can always go elsewhere, where they don't take a lunch and see how long it takes them to fill it. Now what do you want to do?" He says, "I'll be back later this afternoon..." I said, "Fine, we will have it after 3 then...."

Moral of the story: don't pull the "Pharmacy X does/doesn't *whatever*" because I'll call you out on that shit every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If "Pharmacy X" is so wonderful, why are you here??? o_O

@BlueSide That's awesome. I normally keep my cool, but the night prior I had been up all night helping relatives and a few friends evacuate from the Valley Fire, and two of my friends, one of whom is on the fire line, lost their apartment when 1/2 the town burned down, so I was on a very short fuse.

I know how you feel my hometown was completely flooded a few months ago and I had to work the morning after. Some lady came in returning water shoes and whining about how she vacations there every year and can't now. I was PISSED. I calmly told her that I was upset too because my hometown was torn to shreds and many friends lost their childhood homes.

Yesterday I had a woman come up to me and go "Can you help me?" and without hesitation I said "I don't know can I?" It just came out I'm so used to saying it to my mother and there was this awkward moment of silence. She was nice about it though but damn that was rude as hell.

I said hi to a guest who just said "I need a gift receipt" so I said "hello to you too" and it was kind of a blurt out thing and I felt so awful lmao But she apologised before I had the chance to

Also idk if this counts as rude buuut whenever a guest is douchy in any way I always bag their stuff wrong. I hope you enjoy your bread tasting like soap, asshole

Was having a really bad day and snapped at a TM. After I got mad at said TM they came to me a little later to see if I was ok. I was completely blown away that the person came back after I exploded on the. Good friends now.

As for guests. I normally keep my head down and don't care what people say to me. However if someone says anything that is in any way rude to another TM I get ultra salty. It hasn't happened yet but I have a tendency to blow up when someone else is insulted. I'm sure it will get me in trouble one day. I'm so stupid that I'm a "fight" not "flight" guy.

Last edited:
I told a fellow TM that I didn't need her "stupid MyDevice" over the walkie when she called to let me know about the continuing Curbside noises. I was in a bit of a mood because I was at Guest Services alone, with a line of 11 people, a Curbside alert going off on a phone that couldn't seem to be located, and I wasn't getting responses to the automated help button or my pleas over the walkie.

I apologized later, and she laughed and hugged me, but I felt terrible.

I did NOT feel terrible about screaming at the new GSA and the TL that was covering him. Answer GS backup calls. ESPECIALLY with Curbside now being a thing. Luckily the TL came over later and told me he wasn't offended and that he was sorry for the lack of response.

The first day I found myself covering for someone's lunch at the Service Desk this woman tried to return meat that she said "didn't expire until October 7th, but when [she] opened it up, it smelled bad". I was kind of confused that she was returning food and said to her "...okay? what do you want me to do with it?"

She got angry and was like "I want to return it!!" I still find that hilarious.

Also idk if this counts as rude buuut whenever a guest is douchy in any way I always bag their stuff wrong. I hope you enjoy your bread tasting like soap, asshole
lmao, I swear I've done this before. And I kinda like slam their stuff on the belt too. Like, if you don't talk to me or treat me like garbage, see how I treat your shit.

At the end of my shift I had turned my lights off and it was off for 5 minutes with my last guest in line. Nearly done ringing her up and someone else walks in with a basket. I didn't turn around or acknowledge that I had seem them because I saw them come in through my peripheral vision. Also heard them start putting their items down. No "are you still open?" just stroll in and put down.

As soon as I finished checking the person out I logged out and walked off and didn't look back once

I really wish I had seen their reaction tbh

At the end of my shift I had turned my lights off and it was off for 5 minutes with my last guest in line. Nearly done ringing her up and someone else walks in with a basket. I didn't turn around or acknowledge that I had seem them because I saw them come in through my peripheral vision. Also heard them start putting their items down. No "are you still open?" just stroll in and put down.

As soon as I finished checking the person out I logged out and walked off and didn't look back once

I really wish I had seen their reaction tbh

I have don that. About to hit compliance. Lights off mean closed. I am not going to argue with you.

This is borderline rude. Today a couple guests came up to me asking where the Nespresso pods were and I told them "we have the machines but the pods are online only". So they doubted me and pressed "can you show us where the Nespresso machines are?" So I told them "listen, I've been working here for two and a half years and we've never sold the pods. You can go to Bloomingdales or Sur La Table if you want them."

I hate when guests underestimate how well I know the stores. At least I offered them locations where they could buy them.

Today, I had to be a little rude to a guest. Being CVS now, I can't arbitrarily change prices on items. We didn't have enough of a product for the system to prompt for a giftcard, so I told her she should check with a GSTL up front about adjusting prices. Since we are no longer Target TMs, I didn't want to make a decision which could be construed as fraud to the store. She didn't seem too upset, but two weeks ago I could have handled it myself without sending her to a TM. :(

Today, I had to be a little rude to a guest. Being CVS now, I can't arbitrarily change prices on items. We didn't have enough of a product for the system to prompt for a giftcard, so I told her she should check with a GSTL up front about adjusting prices. Since we are no longer Target TMs, I didn't want to make a decision which could be construed as fraud to the store. She didn't seem too upset, but two weeks ago I could have handled it myself without sending her to a TM. :(
Don't detect any rudeness here, you told her nicely it seems.

But
I had a guest once complain when she accidentally spilled pasta sauce on herself. Without even thinking I just blurted out "Well that was dumb." She didn't appreciate that at all. I had to call the LOD and he got her side of the story and I apparently had no self control that day because I interrupted half way through her rant with "Why did you even open the pasta sauce?" I got a good talking to from the LOD but it is still one of my favorite memories from when I worked there.
But it WAS dumb!

I find myself getting rude with guests all the time. My GE hates it, but my AP backs me up every day since it's almost ALWAYS fraud or something similar when I'm rude.

Last night, for instance, I had a guest walk up to a team member and begin to scream at/harass/etc. them. I got on the walkie and say "HL4, Service Desk, NOW", but before he could make it up there, the guest came up to me and DEMANDED the TM be fired. I look her dead in the eye and go "Ma'am, you have just about 15 seconds before I have you thrown out, you might as well leave on your own accord." Sure enough, HL4 makes it around the corner and she decided that leaving with her wrists free was much nicer.

On the fraud side, I've told one reseller a total of four separate times that I will not process his transactions in our store. AP doesn't want to bother trespassing, so I'm stuck just denying him. The fifth time, though, he walks to the register and goes "F**k, I hate this racist a**hole". Lucky for him, I heard him. I walked up to the lane, and politely informed him that I "strongly suggest he shop at a less racist store" before he's forced to do so. Haven't seen him since. Hm, shocker.

Just with random guests, I had one literally tearing apart softlines tables in girls one night. He was seriously walking up to tables, lifting from the bottom, and throwing the clothes on the ground/other tables. After a good three tables, I walk up and am told "No english, no english" so I make some gestures that would imply I need him to stop tearing up the tables. For a few minutes, he stops, then the operator calls me at the GS phone and says he's back at it in boys. As I'm walking through, I hear him talking... IN ENGLISH... on the phone. I walk up and say "Sir, I don't appreciate being lied to about your ability to speak English. Now, stop tearing up my g**d**n softlines tables and either buy the clothes or get the hell out. Got it?" He stormed out, Softlines bought me Starbucks. Good night all in all.

I'm just glad my AP and my STL have my back on this stuff, since my GE is spineless.

I find myself getting rude with guests all the time. My GE hates it, but my AP backs me up every day since it's almost ALWAYS fraud or something similar when I'm rude.

Last night, for instance, I had a guest walk up to a team member and begin to scream at/harass/etc. them. I got on the walkie and say "HL4, Service Desk, NOW", but before he could make it up there, the guest came up to me and DEMANDED the TM be fired. I look her dead in the eye and go "Ma'am, you have just about 15 seconds before I have you thrown out, you might as well leave on your own accord." Sure enough, HL4 makes it around the corner and she decided that leaving with her wrists free was much nicer.

On the fraud side, I've told one reseller a total of four separate times that I will not process his transactions in our store. AP doesn't want to bother trespassing, so I'm stuck just denying him. The fifth time, though, he walks to the register and goes "F**k, I hate this racist a**hole". Lucky for him, I heard him. I walked up to the lane, and politely informed him that I "strongly suggest he shop at a less racist store" before he's forced to do so. Haven't seen him since. Hm, shocker.

Just with random guests, I had one literally tearing apart softlines tables in girls one night. He was seriously walking up to tables, lifting from the bottom, and throwing the clothes on the ground/other tables. After a good three tables, I walk up and am told "No english, no english" so I make some gestures that would imply I need him to stop tearing up the tables. For a few minutes, he stops, then the operator calls me at the GS phone and says he's back at it in boys. As I'm walking through, I hear him talking... IN ENGLISH... on the phone. I walk up and say "Sir,

I'm just glad my AP and my STL have my back on this stuff, since my GE is spineless.

I am near-sighted and lost my glasses, so the next day at work I was answering a call button in Infants clothing and didn't see that the guest had a tunic (tunic? We don't sell those at our store for infants.) she was looking at and went to use a MyDevice to find a onesie, because I thought that was what it was (and now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's what it actually was). I went back to the guest and wasn't sure if it was her because now the woman was crouched down looking at products, and I was trying to remember the item and not her face (big mistake). I approached her and asked her if she was the guest I had just been assisting and she opted to say "No" because I said we didn't have the onesie in stock and she was looking for a tunic. I apologized and walked away and went to the fitting room to grab a few go-backs since I figured the guest I had been "assisting" even though it was her, had left. Just a few seconds later I heard her voice talking to the operator saying I was rude and that I didn't care and was squinting at her. I felt so bad that I stayed in the back area until she left. I felt so guilty for the rest of my shift. This was back when I was super new. I hadn't even been working for two weeks yet.

^^Loll... I never remember peoples faces and stuff and I always have my glasses on. I try to remember their clothes now, but that doesn't always work out. I saw those baby tunic coverups today, though. Thought they were so cute. Wish they came in adult sizes haha

I just hang up on people. I'm not gonna argue with someone on a phone. Hanging up is so much easier. They can't tattle to the lod because I am the all powerful operator who has all the call transferring powers.

I also do the whole aggressive politeness thing. My mom always told me to kill them with kindness. Really pisses people off.

I bag stuff wrong and I toss things into the bags without care. I broke a spray bottle once when I dumped a basket on the belt and I felt terrible. They were assholes but it wasn't so bad I needed to make them go get a new bottle of whatever.

Some coupon lady tried to use a white strip coupon on toothpaste. She said she used it yesterday and they took it at guest services. "Yea well, they were wrong." I'm guessing the same person was there at the time because she was like "well I'll go to guest services to buy these then." "You're not using this coupon on this toothpaste. The strips have the same name but a 2 pack of toothpaste isn't a 14 ct of anything m'am." I was only up for backup so I was able to walkie the lod over. I gave that lady all the attitude but the lod took my side. The lady tossed her now unwanted toothpaste on the belt and walked away all huffy. Getting sassy with coupon cheaters is my favorite thing to do. They choose me because I look like idc (resting bitch face) but I never blindly accept coupons.

A guest today got mad when he bought and returned something in one store (halfway upstate) and bought the same thing in my store, and there was a tax difference. He demanded the GSTL over because "I don't want to pay tax to do a stupid fucking exchange" and GSTL decided to do a store coupon for the tax so his GC from the other store would cover it. Well the GSTL messed up the math by like $4 so his giftcard had about $4 on it at the end of the transaction.

"Alright sir, this giftcard has $dollars.cents left on it."
"Excuse me?"
"I said your giftcard has $dollars.cents on it still."
"WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE MONEY ON IT CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT DO MATH AND JUST TAKE OFF THE TAX? IT SHOULDN'T HAVE MONEY ON IT NOW I HAVE TO CARRY IT AROUND LONGER"
"Sir, your giftcard has $dollars.cents of FREE MONEY left on it still. If it's a problem for you, you can have it cashed out. I called for your carry out, now you have a nice day." I proceeded to walk off and take lunch.

We were super busy Christmas Eve morning with all lanes open. Had a guest with a little $2 necklace from see spot save. I was helping bag for a seasonal SF TM that was backing up since she hadn't had a lot of register experience she was slower (heck I am too) so with me bagging it was moving along. We had lines at each register of about 3-5 guests each. Anyway the guest with the $2 necklace is next in line. The guest currently at the register decides to open a redcard. Soon as the necklace guest realizes what we're doing she exclaims "Oh my god can you just ring me up?"
I explained to her "This takes all of a couple minutes now it'll be just a moment" She then goes "This is f***ing bullsh*t, first I had to spend 15 minutes getting a parking spot, then an hour in the crowds and lines just to get this $2 necklace."
I was getting a bit annoyed but keeping my straight face/outwardly cool demeanor and said "I apologize but it's extremely busy most days before Christmas we're doing the best we can. We'll have through in a moment."

Meanwhile the guest doing the redcard was obviously embarrassed mostly for the belligerent guest.

Then she went "I can't f***ing believe this" very loudly. Worth mentioning there was a lady with her children behind her who was giving her the stink eye. That's when I said "Ma'am, I'm going to need to ask you to calm down and watch your language there are people and children present who do not need to hear that."

Then she almost yelling said "Oh that's real nice. I can't f***ing believe I have to go through all this s*** for a $2 necklace."
Then the team member cashiering said "Me either, I can't believe the $2 necklace is worth you being such a horrible person on Christmas Eve" and the guest was totally taken aback. I was too. I kind of cringed because I knew I had to coach her on it afterwards but I secretly was like "you go girl!" inside.

But then I just said "Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to leave if you don't settle down and stop using profanities."

The guest then responded with "Fine then keep your $2 necklace." and threw it on the floor and stormed off. As she went by I smiled said "Merry Christmas" and she called me a bitch.

:)

I did have a small verbal coaching with the team member. Just told her that what she said was highly inappropriate but that I understood where it came from, it just can't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back