Archived When were YOU rude?

How long does it take for you to fart in front of a significant other?

• Immediately

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Never

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • 6 months or less

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • 1 year

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 2 years or more

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Not until you live together

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Not until it happens by accident

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I was cashiering (I have since left Target and found another job) there was this one girl who came in my line yapping on her phone.

Well anyway when she slid her card to pay the card was declined. I told her the first time quietly as I did not want to embarrass her in front of another customers. She kept yapping on her phone ignoring me, which was annoying as she was messing up my speed and there were other customers behind her.

I than snapped at her (loudly where others could hear) that her card was declined and she was going to have to pay a different way if she was still wanting to buy her stuff. She pulled a $20 out of her wallet and when the transaction was done I told her to have a nice day as she gave me a go to hell look as I embarrassed her in front of other people. ;)

Actually today. There was a woman in the store who insisted that we sold a particular item. She created such a scene that everyone was staring at her. It was me, the LOD, and this woman just going completely nuts. We let her take us to the aisle where she claims she saw said item and I know for a fact said item never existed on said shelf. Finally I had enough and told her straight up "You're full of shit." She wasn't too happy and left the store in a huff. I probably will get fired but IDC she deserved it.

Actually today. There was a woman in the store who insisted that we sold a particular item. She created such a scene that everyone was staring at her. It was me, the LOD, and this woman just going completely nuts. We let her take us to the aisle where she claims she saw said item and I know for a fact said item never existed on said shelf. Finally I had enough and told her straight up "You're full of shit." She wasn't too happy and left the store in a huff. I probably will get fired but IDC she deserved it.

It's your word against hers, and you would never say that to a guest :)

Alright so, it was about 1 year back.....possibly a Tuesday. We had just changed our reseller policy. This wasn't company wide yet, but we had decided to completely stop selling to them. So when I noticed a known reseller (who was also a known dickhead) walk through the blue side doors, I was already bracing myself. Guns a blazin, I bolted to the electronics department, intercepted the guest and demanded, politely, "can I help you find something?"

Thick Arab accent a blazin, he replies with something like, "Buudddy! Hows it going?! Haha! Ok I need 2 ipad. Each kind please. And oh! Wii U. Do you have Wii U. I need Wii U guy."

This is when I say, "sure! We have all that. But we won't be able to do the tax exempt anymore I'm sorry."

"What? What is this since when. Since when do you do this man where is ****? He is good manager he will give me deal."

"Oh he's not in today but this our store policy. We don't accept tax exempt anymore and he's going to say the same thing. I'm sorry."

He starts to mutter something like, "you know what fuck you guy. Fuck you. You always give me this shit."

"what?"

"This stupid shit man. You lie. Fucking liar."

So I politely said, "FUCK OFF. You're really calling me a liar?"

"Yea you fucking li-"

"No. Fuck off. I'll get our lod over here and we can just get you out the door for good."

He starts to back off and slowly creep toward either the doors, or guest service (both right by the blue side entrance), while saying a few more things. I follow him over and we bump right into our LOD. I guess it was sort of a hand off. I walked away. She stayed with him. And he is currently banned from the amazing shopping experience offered at our Target store :D

Edit: @redeye58 @thatcashierdude @sajaegi @TallAPGuy
I love when I got those. They always came to me thinking because we are "cousins" I'll let them get a "good deal" oops I mean let them steal! Sorry buddy not going to happen! :D

I try to offer great guest service at all times. My ETL HR constantly praises my guest interactions, but the day after Black Friday is not the time to fuck with me. I got called in for an eight hour shift to process returns at the service desk. Half way through my shift I get a call from a lady. "Excuse me I was looking at your ad and y'all decided to change your prices on the playstation."
Me: "Ma'am I'm not sure I understand."
"Well your ad says that all PlayStation 4 models are on sale, and I got charged full price and I demand a refund!" I then told her I looked at the ad on my phone and the print ad to compare discrepancies and they both only mentioned only one model on sale, which I told her she could get if she brought her other one back. She then went off on me. She told me I was insulting her intelligence and I was one of the most rude people she had ever talked to in her life. I told her I wasn't being rude, I was just reading the ad. She called me an idiot or something like that and I told her that I wasn't an idiot and I didn't appreciate being called that, in the most passive aggressive nature ever.

She then asked to speak with a manager, and I complied and called my LOD over. Both my ETL and STL were in the area and came over to help. My ETL asked me what was going on, so I put the phone at my side and covered the mic button because I didn't know where to find the mute button (which was true, guest service uses a different phone model, but I wasn't making any effort to find it either) then I did this dramatic recreation of the call mocking the guest and saying how she was calling me rude, but she wasn't fooling anyone. Well my ETL picks up the phone and the first sentence out of her mouth was "I heard every word that rude man just said" oops. My STL just face palmed and she broke into a grin and started laughing while my ETL apologized and said he would talk to me as his face turned bright red. As soon as he hung up he said "Always, always, always mute the phone..."

In retrospect maybe I should have offered better guest service and not mocked her, but on the other half, my ETL and STL's reaction alone was priceless.

My boss and I were having a conversation the other day about rude customers...he said, "You know, I just smile and act nice and that's what pisses them off the most" (not exactly true by the way, but whatever). Then he looks at me and he goes, "YOU, on the other hand, tend to get on their level REAL fast."

I could work on that, but on the other hand I don't care. You get what you give.

A couple weeks ago I cut the lock off one of the bike lockers we have on the side of the building and removed the crap that was being stored in it and stacked it neatly to the side.
Well, almost a week later, this couple comes into the store, ranting and raving about us having stolen their property worth thousands of dollars from them. I, along with my STL, went around and around with them about the legality of us cutting the lock off of our locker. They then said that Target needs to pay them to replace the cost of their stuff, but MY STL replied "Uh, no. We weren't the morons who thought that we could go to your place and use your garage to store our excess garbage; you were those idiots."
I've been rude to people, but my jaw dropped when she said that. I was floored at how blunt she was.

I had a guest today picking on one of the new guys and I over heard It she had him running around the store asking off the wall crap so I finally went and asked her if I could help her and he ran off lol. She kept saying "nothing is in the right spot in this store, I saw this for half price yesterday, why does this say 15 dollars if the giftcard says 30" etc and I told her that yes sometimes things do get put in the wrong place by guests and sometimes other employees but with these Giftcards all are marked with their price on the package. She said "well what about all my stuff being 50 percent off?" I said ma'am none of this is 50 percent off, I can assure you. "yes it is" look sometimes things are not in the right spot, human error but I 100 percent know this 1000 dollar tv is not 50 percent off. "well you know nothing" you're right I probably don't *walks away and hears the manager telling her the same crap I just said* :rolleyes:

I hung up on another racist the other day. I say another, because this has happened two other times. I have a slightly southern, America accent and I speak as neutrally as possible when I cover phones. I don't think they can tell my race on the phone. I guess they assume I'll be on their side when they trash talk my co-workers with accents. If you had trouble understanding them, that's one thing, but you can say that without an insult. So I hang up.

Once a racist caller said the n word, but he combined it with Nicaragua (a country in Central America) so I didn't know if he mispronounced it on purpose or by mistake. Even if he didn't mean to incorporate the n word, what he was saying was still racist. He was referring to calling target's online customer service. I hung up on him. None of the people I ever hang up on have called back so I assume they know they were being offensive.

I was closing at the service desk for the first time and a guest comes up asking if we could change 4 fives he received from self-check out for a twenty. I kindly explained that I couldn't open up my register unless it was for a transaction. Dude went from 0 to 100 real quick, tells me he wants to return everything and I just kind of shrugged and said "okay, no problem I can do that." While I'm trying to scan all of his stuff, I evidently missed something, and I was trying to figure out just *why* his return wasn't showing up the same amount, so another GSTM came over and looked over the receipt and she realized I accidentally didn't scan something. This guy accuses me of "trying to keep more of his money" and because I was sick (physically, and sick of his shit) I couldn't help but respond with "Yes, sir, that's exactly what I'm trying to do," in the most sarcastic way possible.

Eventually I had to get the GSTL and then the LOD but then this guy went home with a $20 thanks to the LOD but not before being told that we did the right thing...

Last edited:
Telling snotty lady that no I could not pull the DCPI out of my ass to return her veggie(no packaging, no receipt) peeler with credit card lookup. No I was not going to use my PERSONAL phone to search target.com cause she isn't paying the bill but I will happily rent it for $300 for the search. Now go out on the sales floor find one in the package and I will happily return it for you. And no I nor is there anyone who can find it on the floor for you.

No one on the sales floor cause everyone and mean everyone was on a register cause of good weather and idiots calling out. This is also why I don't cover service desk unless desperate. I don't react well to assholes.

LOD who I told was not surprised. He also sent me out to help the guest who had their car die out front during a carry out. Battery cable broken = no start, I fixed it. He said that made up for it.

Apparently, taking too long to figure out (because the way we have to look it up takes a while) that a patient has a $1200 deductible to meet, which is why their rx is now $100 in 2/2016 instead of the $25 they paid in 12/2015 and not being able to access the WALGREENS system is rude (because, you know, we're all supposed to be linked.) Also, explaining to them that they would have to meet the deductible no matter where they got their rx filled, and that it might even be higher at a different pharmacy (if that pharmacy is out-of-network) is simply unacceptable. Go ahead and ask for my "pharmacy manager," you're not hurting my feelings and she's going to tell you the same thing (which she did.) It was almost funny when you then transferred the rx to Walgreens, then Walmart (and god knows where else in between :rolleyes:,) then back to us, because they were out of network. The time we wasted was almost worth it to see you eat crow when you came back in the second time to pick it up....it actually WOULD have been if you had the balls to apologize for being a bitch! :confused:

I don't think I've told this one before, but on one of the first few GSA shifts we had, I had a guest come to the Service Desk who was demanding the manager. So, I go over to see how I can help, and she explains her issue. She forgot her coupon when she was shopping at a different location, (Can't remember what the coupon was, I think it was a $25 off of $50 of [merchandise] or something similar) and wanted to redeem it here, at my store. So basically, I just said "Okay, so I can't accept the coupon for three reasons; 1: The coupon is expired. 2: The purchase was made at a different store, and you would need to redeem it at the store you purchased the merchandise at. And 3: since the purchase was made over a week ago, the system won't even allow me to make any changes to the transaction, even if I wanted to. So for those three reasons, I can't accept your coupon." In retrospect, I could have worded it better and appeared more apologetic, but I was tired and overwhelmed as it was one of my first couple of shifts. She just kinda walked away, didn't really say anything else, so I went about my business. Later, she comes back, and accuses me of lying about being the manager. She tells me that she called the our store, and asked to speak to "The Manager" and since the Fitting Room had the phone, the call was passed on to the Softlines Team Lead. He, of course, said that he was a manager which she took to mean the store manager. She complained about me, and said the SLTL told her that he would give me "a good talking to", but since he's a friend of mine we just laughed about it when I explained the whole thing. So when she accused me of lying, I interrupted her and said "Was his name [redacted]? Because he's the manager of Softlines, and I am the manager of the front lanes. Very different." despite my rudeness, she went on to say that she had "almost crossed this Target off her list, but [redacted] was nice so I'll give you guys one more chance." Then she just walked away again.

Weird, and I'm surprised she didn't call guest relations or anything. I was pretty rude.

tired 4th quarter GSA me was tired and dealing with lanes being super underscheduled as always and no one responding for backup because of course not. a guest left the line, came up to me and very indignantly huffed, "I can't believe you only have three lanes open for all these people!" without thinking, I just said, "neither can I, but this is what they gave me to work with, so I thank you for your patience," and walked away. then I quietly smiled to myself when she realized she'd lost her place in line because of her need to share how offended she was.

hey, at least I didn't tell her what I was really thinking, which was that even with long lines we were still getting people out faster than Walmart or Kmart ever do. fast, fun, and friendly is a double edged sword... we get people so used to a better experience that they get pissed super-fast when we take five seconds longer to deliver it than usual.

tired 4th quarter GSA me was tired and dealing with lanes being super underscheduled as always and no one responding for backup because of course not. a guest left the line, came up to me and very indignantly huffed, "I can't believe you only have three lanes open for all these people!" without thinking, I just said, "neither can I, but this is what they gave me to work with, so I thank you for your patience," and walked away. then I quietly smiled to myself when she realized she'd lost her place in line because of her need to share how offended she was.

hey, at least I didn't tell her what I was really thinking, which was that even with long lines we were still getting people out faster than Walmart or Kmart ever do. fast, fun, and friendly is a double edged sword... we get people so used to a better experience that they get pissed super-fast when we take five seconds longer to deliver it than usual.
This is so true. The one time I shopped at Kmart in the last ten years was because I was in an unfamiliar area, needed to buy something, and literally couldn't find any other store. This was on a Monday afternoon, so the store wasn't even busy, yet somehow I ended up in line for twenty minutes to buy one item. In retrospect, I probably should have just walked out and tried a little harder to find another store. It's no wonder Kmart will be out of business within the next five years. After that, I will never complain when I have to wait in a five minute line at Target or the grocery store, or whatever.

This is so true. The one time I shopped at Kmart in the last ten years was because I was in an unfamiliar area, needed to buy something, and literally couldn't find any other store. This was on a Monday afternoon, so the store wasn't even busy, yet somehow I ended up in line for twenty minutes to buy one item. In retrospect, I probably should have just walked out and tried a little harder to find another store. It's no wonder Kmart will be out of business within the next five years. After that, I will never complain when I have to wait in a five minute line at Target or the grocery store, or whatever.

Is Kmart even still in business? They used to be everywhere but now I don't think I could find one if I tried. Word is their CEO ran them into the ground.

Is Kmart even still in business? They used to be everywhere but now I don't think I could find one if I tried. Word is their CEO ran them into the ground.
From what I hear/see, they have maybe a couple years left. They were going bankrupt anyways, but then their new CEO came in and made it even worse. His big idea to raise money was to close stores and sell off the buildings and property, since Kmart owns almost all of the buildings and the land they are built on (they never lease). Seems like a good idea for quick cash, but in the end all it did was destroy the company's asset base and lower their income because now they have less stores operating. He also didn't just close the lowest performing stores, but rather the stores that he figured he could get the most money by selling, some of which were busy stores that actually made money. In 2001, Kmart had something like 2,000 stores or more. Now they are down to 900 at last count, and they close approximately 10-15% of their store base every year. Not good.
So there's a little retail history/business management lesson for you guys. You're welcome :D

Even when Kmart was relevant they were still bad. As a kid, my mom would tell me we couldn't eat at their food court because they had roaches. Lol. There are no more in my area, but last time I was in one about 2 years ago...they were expensive and totally filthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back