Archived When were YOU rude?

How long does it take for you to fart in front of a significant other?

• Immediately

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Never

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • 6 months or less

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • 1 year

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 2 years or more

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Not until you live together

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Not until it happens by accident

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
fast, fun, and friendly is a double edged sword... we get people so used to a better experience that they get pissed super-fast when we take five seconds longer to deliver it than usual.

An ETL once told me that guests ferl it's taking too long if they have to wait more than 23 seconds. I responded with surprise because that seemed like a rather short wait. She said the same thing you just said -- Target has setup the expectation for being fast, fun, and friendly; so a guest that wouldn't mind waiting several minutes at the grocery store WILL mind waiting more than 23 seconds at Target. Although it was worded differently.

An ETL once told me that guests ferl it's taking too long if they have to wait more than 23 seconds. I responded with surprise because that seemed like a rather short wait. She said the same thing you just said -- Target has setup the expectation for being fast, fun, and friendly; so a guest that wouldn't mind waiting several minutes at the grocery store WILL mind waiting more than 23 seconds at Target. Although it was worded differently.

23 seconds sounds oddly specific. But I don't know that it's necessarily a Target thing that people don't want to wait. That's how guests/customers are at nearly every store. I witnessed a lady screaming her head off at presumably a manager at Walmart because the lines were too long...at Walmart. A store notorious for its long lines and lackluster service (no offense to past or present Wally employees, but "great service" definitely isn't their top priority).

So I think people are just impatient no matter where they are. I've seen it at Lowe's where our lines aren't typically as bad as Walmart or Target's, yet someone is huffing because they're only 2nd in line. You just can't please everyone.

Yesterday, I had a patient argue with me about the price of everything....first, it was her $11 rx, that she insisted used to be $5. Look in the computer and she paid $17 last time. Turn the monitor around and show her. Second, it was her husband's $10 rx, which she insisted was only $2! Again, look in the computer and it was $9.95 last time. After going back and forth a few times, I finally said, "ma'am, I'll just pay the additional 5 CENTS this time, but next time it will be $10!" Well, then I was being rude for implying she "couldn't afford the medication!" And starts saying stuff like, "look at this bracelet! It's gold! I can afford bracelet so I can afford medication!" Lady, I couldn't care less what jewelry you are wearing. I am wearing a decent amount myself. I wasn't about to get into a pissing match with her, though, so I just gave her the total. She then calls over the RPh, who was helping someone at the other register, and starts going off to her about how rude I was. The RPh had my back, though, and told her I wasn't rude, I was offering to pay the difference, and if she felt that was "rude," she could take her business elsewhere. Lady then says, "I'll pay you $15 for both of these!" The RPh just laughed and said, "prices aren't negotiable....your total is $21." Lady paid and left. Heard she tried the same garbage at the check lanes

I hate when I'm trying to bag people who wanted Paper Bags and they end up saying "here how about I just bag these for you to make it faster."

one lady even said it with an attitude. I never do anything rude, I'm still polite. But, I tend to not have any eye contact if a customer has just pissed me off.

I honestly think it's alright when they ask before I start to bag things if they can just bag it themselves, then of course I legitmately have no problem with it. It's just when they make me feel like I'm doing a horrible job at organizing things into the bags with the attitude and the vibe that comes across is when I have a problem.

Another pet peeve is when I've already started to bag items in plastic and I just finished my first bag and they go "Paper please." and I just sit there kind of "oh, well I got all three bags set up with items already and just finished one. But ok"

I worked FA a lot before I was promoted to GSA. A lot of guests stop at the popcorn machine which is a good ten feet away from the registers. Our second register blocks the view of guests and the machines behind the registers are loud and make it difficult to hear guests. Whenever guests stop at the popcorn machine and mumble their order, I practically yell at them "What was that? I'm sorry. I can't hear you from there. Chicken tenders? No? Hot dog? No? Oh! Popcorn! Of course." All while not even looking at them. Like, y'all can move to the register and speak clearly and loudly enough for me to hear you. And some guests speak so softly that I say "I'm sorry, you're gonna have to speak up. I really can't hear very well with these machines running."

Another woman I work with works guest service. When guests come in with bags of items they want to return and they don't unpack it for her, she just turns the whole bag upside down and let's it all fall out onto the counter. Lol

The second day I was training to be GSA, I was waiting by a girl working in guest service to ask her a question or something once she was done with a couple that's known to come in returning stolen items. They were trying to return a Fitbit or something like that, and she recognized them and decided to deny their return. The woman started getting angry and asking her boyfriend if he wanted to speak to a manager because it wasn't acceptable. Girl speaks up "well, ma'am, this is my supervisor here *motioning at me* and if you'd like to speak with her, you're more than welcome to." The woman instantly shut up and they left quickly. Thank goodness. I wasn't prepared at all at that time to talk to guests about issues.

And just today, a man was writing a check for like $250 something and it wouldn't go through. Tried twice and it still didn't go through. He said "This is bullsh*t. I write checks for thousands of dollars every day." All I said was "that's nice. I don't know what else to tell you unless you have another form of payment." And turned around to help my other guests. He ended up getting a credit card to pay for it and I ignored him but made sure my cashier was okay after having to deal with him.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there have been so many other times when I was at least extremely passive aggressive with guests.

Last edited:
Oh Jesus, I hope no one ever finds out who I really am.

I was selling a red card and turned my lane light off because it was going to take a while.
Old lady comes in my lane (of course because it's closed). I tell her she can check out at guest services or another lane (that was empty with a bored cashier) right away since I was going to be a few minutes. She just stands there even when I repeated myself, like "hey, it's going to be faster anywhere but here."

6 minutes and 700 exasperated sounds later, it's her turn. I do my usual routine, and she's a complete bitch to me, takes forever to dig out her credit card, and swipes it.

Goddamn if I didn't cancel her transaction. On purpose. Just stood there looking at her like hey, are you going to pay or what?

I'm going to hell.

Well, I finally did it my last shift. I was rude to a customer.

I really hate when people automatically assume Target Cashiers know all about the price drops, clearances, and sales. I was working self-checkout just watching over and all the sudden this guy raises his voice super loud "Hey, these grapes are supposed to be $1.99 a pound!!" people within a 200ft radius probably heard him. I went over there, scratched my beard, looked at him, stared at the computer, and without a word I just switched the price from $2.49 to $1.99 and asked if that made him happy. He just looked at me, gave me a stink eye, and threw his grapes in the bag. I asked my manager what I should do next time a guest automatically assumes I know all that and she just shrugged and said "If it's reasonable, just give it to them." and I admitted I was rather rude to him. She just told me "Well try to control it next time, it's customer service."

I'm usually a nice guy and a lot of people seem to really like checking out at my cashier lane. But Self-Checkouts are different. People are easily irritated, and are passive-aggressive naturally. I'll admit I don't quite mind working the self-checkouts, but people are different than the ones that actually check out in a lane.

In all honesty the closest I've come to being rude was when the LOD bitched and fussed about all the carts full of trash in front of the baler. Which I respond over the walkie with "well you didn't respond when I asked you to unlock it several times".
Also I tend to zone very passive aggressively. If someone messes up my folded stuff I will walk my ass right over there and fix it to make them feel bad. And if I'm the only one responding for backup several times in a row I'm positive my voice sounds bitchy over the walkie

Last edited:
Is Kmart even still in business? They used to be everywhere but now I don't think I could find one if I tried. Word is their CEO ran them into the ground.

Depends where you are, they are all over the place in Hawaii

Haven't seen one but we do have a sears at this rapidly dying mall nearby.

Back on topic. I can get really passive aggressive over the walkie sometimes. The cabinet was locked and I knew that I wouldn't get a response so I was like "does anyone want to unlock the cabinet for me so I can get my equipment?" on someone else's walkie

Back on topic. I can get really passive aggressive over the walkie sometimes. The cabinet was locked and I knew that I wouldn't get a response so I was like "does anyone want to unlock the cabinet for me so I can get my equipment?" on someone else's walkie

I do the same thing, especially when I need the LOD to unlock the compactor or receiving door. Some of the ETLs repeatedly demand responses to back-up calls, so I do the same thing when the truck driver is waiting outside.

Called a guests bluff one evening back in February/March. She was being rude and wanted my name and speak to my GSA. She was standing two lanes over pointed and said "she's right over there if you'd like to speak to her". When she said that I didn't have to be snide about it I told her I wasn't and that she was the one who wanted to speak to her.

Had a guy in his 50's today at the self-checkout get Cold Medicine and socks. It of course asked for his DOB and which he told me to enter an "obscene" number and told me to put in "01/07/01" and I kind of chuckled thinking "Wow he wants to try putting in his year as 2001." and of course it denied it. He asked me why and I tried to re-enter his DOB for the Mucinex and of course it won't let me re-scan it so I told him "Sorry it thinks you were born in 2001 so you're gonna have to do it in a separate transaction" and of course he got pissed. I just said "Sorry I just put in what you told me" and after he paid for his other two items he picked up his Mucinex and proceeded to bang the screen of the Self-Checkout Register in order to navigate through the menu. Yup, he tried to bang his Mucinex to click "Start" and then we scanned it and of course it asks for his DOB so he bangs the Mucinex on "Help" and I was right there and scanned it and then he decided to tell me his obscene year was actually 1901 and not 2001 and got super snarky at me. He repeated to bang the self-checkout register screen as I navigated it for him and I eventually ended up saying "okay dude banging the damn screen won't help at all" and I pretty much navigated the rest of the way to it accepting his card. Literally I ended up jutting my finger in between his Mucinex and the screen to click it for him, his banging literally did not do anything for him at all lol.

Maybe I'm a retard but most people say "01" as "2001" and not "1901." and you don't gotta wreck my damn register lol god damn. It doesn't let us just put in "01" so I put in 2001 and he didn't say anything. Even stopped to make sure it looked right to him. He never told anyone and walked right out but I went and explained to my manager I just told a guest to stop banging "the damn screen" with his mucinex and all he said was "I would of told him the same thing but not the way you did."

just another day w/ me at the Self Checkouts.

Does anyone else have coworkers that have been with Spot long enough that they don't bother being nice anymore? Even to the ETLs?
A long time ago this veteran POG team member was having a huge argument with the ETL and I heard her scream "IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE TO YOU?!?!?" at him.
I should mention my store is infamous among the district for having a lot of drama so most incidents of rudeness are actually between team members.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have coworkers that have been with Spot long enough that they don't bother being nice anymore? Even to the ETLs?
A long time ago this veteran POG team member was having a huge argument with the ETL and I heard her scream "IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE TO YOU?!?!?" at him.
I should mention my store is infamous among the district for having a lot of drama so most incidents of rudeness are actually between team members.

Yeah don't get me wrong some ETLS suck but I respect their position and would never even think about cussing one out. There are some employees in my store who have been at Target 20 plus years. Some of them look down on any leader younger than them, I find it rather annoying.

A TM overheard the STL talking to a bitchy guest and I think it pretty cleanly falls in this thread cos daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Guest- *bitching about something*
STL- "well logic states that...." *blah blah why guest is wrong*
Guest- "excuse me? logic? are you calling me stupid?"
STL- "I didn't say anything only that logically...." *blah blah why guest is wrong*
Guest- *keeps bitching*
STL- *starts stepping away* "This is me walking away now"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back