Archived When will hours pick up again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only been with Target for about 6 months, so this is my first experience with having cut hours. I understand that retail dies down after the holidays, as I have worked retail for years; however, my store has cut hours MAJORLY. For me, this next week I have one shift that is 5 hours long. I know I’m not the only one in my store with this horrendous hours. There’s team members who have been here for years and years averaging about 10 hours a week right now. I know it won’t stay like this for long, but I was wondering if anyone has an estimate as to when this will get better? I’m in school and can’t afford to pay for my car, rent, and tuition with these hours for very long.

Sadly, I've finally realized it gets worse every single year, not better. If you rely on this to pay bills or even just make ends meet, it doesn't happen.

I know persons that have become physically sick from the worry. I'm talking about persons with MANY years' tenure who walked in AFTER January 1st to see noobs filling the "unavailable hours".

TBH, I shouldn't be posting until I, personally, clear my disgust as my thoughts will certainly come through in words most vilely tainted with disdain, discord, resentment, a feeling of betrayal and, certainly, scorching fury.

.... to put it succinctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back