Archived When you quit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
Question so a coworker put his 2 weeks in and it was was before that schedule came out and they scheduled him past his last day.. He says it's harassment.. I don't think it's that but what happens then if they don't change it? Would it be considered as ncns and make him not rehireable or something? I'm pretty sure he's talking to someone about it but I'm just curious. Just thinking if another job were to call target as a reference could they say he's not rehireable because of that ?

When I put in to quit I spoke with the HRtm to make sure they did not put me on the schedule. also when a new employer calls target they will only verify that you worked there from whenever you started to when ever your last day was.

He says it's harassment

It's not harassment, but it definitely isn't his problem. He gave his two weeks, they put him on the schedule, that's their problem. I know for a fact that I wouldn't come in past my 2 weeks. If I were him, I'd either talk to his direct ETL about getting the shifts covered, or put the shifts up on the swap board.

Yeah that's what I told him I didn't think It was harassment more so accidentally over looked or who knows but just don't come in lol sad thing is they gave him a bunch of hours and he put his notice in because he wasn't getting any.

Question so a coworker put his 2 weeks in and it was was before that schedule came out and they scheduled him past his last day.. He says it's harassment.. I don't think it's that but what happens then if they don't change it? Would it be considered as ncns and make him not rehireable or something? I'm pretty sure he's talking to someone about it but I'm just curious. Just thinking if another job were to call target as a reference could they say he's not rehireable because of that ?

Why all the needless drama?

If they scheduled you after your last official day, simply call out & when they ask you why just tell them you don't work there anymore as of xx/xx/xxxx.

Why burn bridges either - just on the off chance you ever want to return to Target?

If they scheduled you after your last official day, simply call out & when they ask you why just tell them you don't work there anymore as of xx/xx/xxxx.

Why burn bridges either - just on the off chance you ever want to return to Target?

No idea that's why I was asking because it made me wonder lol

When I quit I just left a letter in HR's box and followed up to make sure she received it. It was a mistake not harassment. He just needs to go tell HR that he already put in his notice and can't work those shifts

You don't even call. You gave notice anything and everything that happens after that date is their problem.

Yeah that's what I told him I didn't think It was harassment more so accidentally over looked or who knows but just don't come in lol sad thing is they gave him a bunch of hours and he put his notice in because he wasn't getting any.
This happens at my store all the time! They push and push, until people have had enough....that's when hours suddenly become "available." :rolleyes:

In the past when I've left a job, I always mail a certified copy of my resignation to the business, as well as handing it in.

It prevents any issues with rehire status, because you have legal proof they received it at a given time.

I just always got copies of any "resignation forms" for the same reason.

In the past when I've left a job, I always mail a certified copy of my resignation to the business, as well as handing it in.

It prevents any issues with rehire status, because you have legal proof they received it at a given time.

Smart.

One never knows what the future may hold & when you might need to go back to a former job.

If you've ever written a schedule, you know that you have to have a certain number of bodies scheduled in order to meet the guidelines. For example, I have to schedule 140 hours of cashiers in order to show that I am at 100% fill for that time period. So, if Joe is quitting, I still need to use his name until another body shows up to fill that space - usually waiting for orientation to happen. Yes, it's stupid. But HR is graded on having 100% fill and I know I'm gonna have somebody there, I just can't use the new guy's name until he's in the system. So I use Joe.

Just have your friend go to HR. It was either a mistake or they were waiting until a real name shows up. Or he can be a dick about it. There's always that. ;)

If you've ever written a schedule, you know that you have to have a certain number of bodies scheduled in order to meet the guidelines. For example, I have to schedule 140 hours of cashiers in order to show that I am at 100% fill for that time period. So, if Joe is quitting, I still need to use his name until another body shows up to fill that space - usually waiting for orientation to happen. Yes, it's stupid. But HR is graded on having 100% fill and I know I'm gonna have somebody there, I just can't use the new guy's name until he's in the system. So I use Joe.

Just have your friend go to HR. It was either a mistake or they were waiting until a real name shows up. Or he can be a dick about it. There's always that. ;)

Or you just schedule the shift and unassign the name...it shows as not assigned but still counts as hours scheduled

That happened to one of my friends. Got a better job related to her major. She was a sweetie so everyone (includingthe ETL-HR) was teasing her trying to get her to stay. Scheduled her three days after her last day anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back