Which Market Pantry foods are actually good?

I feel like every grocery chain has some off-brand items that taste as good as or better than name brand items... and then they also have some that taste like cardboard.

I just made MP mac & cheese for the first time and its pretty bland... worse in my opinion than other store brand mac & cheese's... but I'm a pretty big fan of the MP cereals... and it got me thinking, I bet you guys have collectively tried every MP food item... So....

What have you found that's worth cheaper price and which things were disappointments?

**(Obviously all answers will be entirely subjective... doesn't mean we cant save each a bad purchase or two though.)

The peanut butter sandwich cookies used to taste exactly like Nutter Butter cookies, but then they screwed it up. It's been years since I've bought any now. I like the Doritos and Cheetos style chips by market pantry.

Lots of lunches in the break room are the frozen boneless wings. The sparkling water is good, too. The old 4-packs of yogurt were good too, but I think they were discontinued. Milk, of course, is good especially since it's usually as cheap as other stores (in my area, anyway), plus it's almost always on Cartwheel.

The tortillas are gross.

The frozen snacks aren't too bad (mac & cheese bites, mozzarella sticks). I haven't tried the sliders though or the wings. The French bread used to be decent, but I haven't bought that in awhile.

I work in a store without MP frozen or refrigerated items and none of the stores in my area have a full grocery, so I just want to try all the frozen stuff!

Definitely the milk, we're always getting it.

My personal choices (so far): MP versions of milk, Wheat Thins, pasta, rice, taquitos, peanut butter. There's a lot I haven't tried yet, though.

The canned goods are all fine. Canned whipped cream is good. The eggs and milk are fine. Dry pasta and fruit gummies are good. I don't buy a lot of groceries at my store though because the real grocery store is just better IMO.

I've had a generally good experience with MP stuff, except:
  • The tortillas
  • The knockoff Swedish fish
  • The round tortilla chips (super salty compared to Tostitos)
  • The lemonade (go for the Simply Balanced)
  • The raisin bran

The MP half and half is really good. I use it in coffee and tea. The frozen texas toast is just as good as the name brand. The butter is good and so much cheaper than the others. I agree the canned goods are all fine and staples like flour and stuff are good, too.

Made the mistake of trying the MP jalapeno poppers. Awful. Just .... awful. Everything else I've tried is comparable to other store brands.

The tortillas always taste stale, the chocolate chips just don't compare to Nestle, the bacon peels apart into shreds not strips, the sour cream & onion chips were bland. Other than that, everything else I've tried has been pretty good.

The only MP item I've had that that was nowhere near the name brand were the granola bars. I usually expect store brand to be not quite as good, but these were world's different lol

The frozen ravioli, Texas toast and pop corn chicken are really good. My kids really liked them and they are extremely picky.

I like the MP version of vanilla wafers! And the butter is really awesome

Back