Which Market Pantry foods are actually good?

I don't know...I'm not saying there are never bugs in bagged lettuce, but that sucker is pretty big how did she not see it when she was mixing the salad? Maybe I'm paranoid but I always pick through bagged lettuce and spinach to look for gross bits or the wayward bugs.

I like pretty much all of MP. Definitely the dairy - milk, cheeses, butter, cream cheese (though it's really hard to fuck up hard cheeses). Eggs, peanut butter, the knock-off Nutella, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, canola oil, honey. I use the vinegar cleaning, works well for that. Flour and sugar, all the spices I've tried, the knock-off Honey Nut Cheerios, canned kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce. The pasta, though again that's hard to fuck up. My store no longer has the frozen lasagna, but I found that far better than Stouffer's. The Tombstone style pizzas, the frozen mozzarella sticks, the frozen shrimp (both raw and cooked), frozen orange juice. Ice cream, very creamy, not grainy at all, my personal favorite is Peanut Butter Fudge.

I am not a fan of the frozen vegetables. Definitely the lower quality parts of the plants. That one, I buy Simply Balanced, even though it is still more after the wellness discount.

Edit: Forgot about the beef jerky, good, and the bagged caramels, good.

Frozen vegs, fruit cups, breakfast bars, sandwich meats, most of the appetizers, select salad dressings, Nutella knock-off, Crystal Light clones are all decent & lots cheaper.
Some things (like spaghetti sauce) I'm still name brand loyal tho.
I feed hubby the garden veg for a year before he went to make it himself and couldn't figure out where I hid the prego. He's picky as a toddler too. 😂
saw this on facebook community page ...

Screen-Shot-2019-03-28-at-5-20-27-PM.png

yummy , thats why my food is always deep fried !!!
Still within federal guidelines... what's the fuss?

Most mp milk is filled in the same plant as your regional brand. Plant codes on the delivery will confirm it usually. Hubby likes the Hood light block bottle, but he deals since it's $2/gal cheaper usually. Butter is likely similar since we don't have our own milk to make it. Cheese as well. Although at times it has too much powder to keep it from sticking.

I love the frozen snacks, those mini tacos ❤ the pasta sauce is great. The squeeze yogurt had weird chunks from the gelatin. The frozen corn yellow/ white blend is the cheapest anywhere.

I'll never understand why people are ga ga over Nutella. If you like the taste, great. But the first two ingredients are sugar and oil. Not chocolate or hazelnuts.
Because it tastes very similar to chocolate syrup and has a pleasing texture. I eat it straight out of the container with a spoon.

Because it tastes very similar to chocolate syrup and has a pleasing texture. I eat it straight out of the container with a spoon.

They are good at marketing. My thought is that most people assume it's healthy. Healthy being an opinion, I know. But like I said, the first two ingredients are oil and sugar.

If you like it, that's all there is to it.

They are good at marketing. My thought is that most people assume it's healthy. Healthy being an opinion, I know. But like I said, the first two ingredients are oil and sugar.

If you like it, that's all there is to it.
You know, I do remember a coworker at a previous job saying that the company that makes Nutella was being sued for false advertising because their commercials hyped it as being healthy.

I'll never understand why people are ga ga over Nutella. If you like the taste, great. But the first two ingredients are sugar and oil. Not chocolate or hazelnuts.

Sugar and fat have been top sources of flavor for forever.

My brother and apparently everyone who shops my store is in love with the MP tortellini.

I think the MP deli poultry tastes kinda off. Idk what's in it that does it... Maybe a preservative? Idk but there's an aftertaste to it that🤢🤢🤮. The ham is good though

The market pantry frozen potatoes are good, except I'm not a huge fan of the southern style hash browns. The tater tots (excuse me, potato puffs) are especially good.

The cereals are garbage IMO but everything else is great. The ice cream is really rich and creamy, and the boxed Mac and cheese is bangin

The mint cookies and cream ice cream is awesome

The mint chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwiches are amazing.

I got the MP cheese squares recently. I couldn't eat more than a handful of them. I think I'll stick to cheeze its.
Cheese slices or cheese singles? Cheese singles are equivalent to Kraft singles, cheese food and NOT real cheese. The cheese slices are real cheese and they are as good as Kraft Deli Deluxe.

Back