Archived Who is off for thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still a shift differential Friday. Not time and a half but still increased pay.
I haven't had a chance to really look over the pay incentives this year. So I know all day Thanksgiving is time and a half. Is there also a $1 shift diff for Thanksgiving and Black Friday? Is there still an overnight shift diff on top of that between 10pm and 8am?

ASANTS, my state has laws against working 7 days in a row so some people are off because of that.

We also have people coming in at 2am on black friday so they couldnt work thursday.

Everyone is working Thursday or Friday unless they requested it off but Thanksgiving Day specifically, no we have a few people with it off.

I guess I should have clarified that I ment open Thanksgiving to midnight friday. I worked for another retailer and it was not optional to have thanksgiving or black Friday off plus no holiday pay.

I haven't had a chance to really look over the pay incentives this year. So I know all day Thanksgiving is time and a half. Is there also a $1 shift diff for Thanksgiving and Black Friday? Is there still an overnight shift diff on top of that between 10pm and 8am?

I was told that the $1 diff applies for Friday 12AM-6AM and afterwards it's standard pay. I think it might also apply for Thanksgiving (on top of time and a half) but I'm not sure.

Thurdays 5:30 to 12:30
Friday 7am to 3:30

I wouldn't do it.
drinkbeer.gif

for now im off thursday and friday. past 2 years i had 50hrs that week, this year 40. NOPE! happily ive been offered shifts from people who wish to NOT work that day so ill be hooked up!

I have zero availability weekdays during school but I was afraid availability goes out the window for Black Friday week. I escaped Thanksgiving and BF this year.

If I read it correctly

Thanksgiving Day is time and a half only.

Shift Differential starts at 12am Friday.

I have Thursday off but I go in at around four in the morning on Friday. It's probably because of me working over night the day before Thanksgiving.

I unfortunately have thanksgiving off, I would rather avoid family and make money. Would be even better if it was overnight thursday so I could sleep all day.

Working Thursday 5:45 pm to 10 pm and off Friday. For that week I am scheduled less than 9 hours.

I unfortunately have thanksgiving off, I would rather avoid family and make money. Would be even better if it was overnight thursday so I could sleep all day.

Can you swap for it? I know in my dept in my store, there are people doing overnights that don't want to.

Technically, I am off Thanksgiving, but I am scheduled 12 am to 8 am Friday. I specifically asked for overnight because it means I can have dinner with my family and take off before the alcohol sets in and the inevitable political discussions that follow.

I am even though I always specifically ask to work on Thanksgiving since it's no big deal in my house. All my other days'll be long though, Wednesday 3pm-1am, Black Friday 5am-5pm, and Saturday 7am-5pm so not exactly just chilling either haha

I wish I knew:mad: they keep changing the schedule because we have already lost 2 cashiers ( when they were making the schedule) so obviously they had to edit things and adjust it accordingly. I wonder if they'll have assigned people ( I remember they had them last year) telling guests where things were and line people to tell guests where to go ( I remember they even had special shirts) probably this year they need everyone on the floor and one register since we are so light:(

I have a pretty empty week with Thanksgiving off and then I go in on BF for a 2 am - 11 am shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back