Archived Who is using Mobile Checkout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf4531

Fulfillment Expert
So Mobile Checkout just rolled out to our store today. We received a couple of extra myCheckout devices and some more Zebra printers so that we could start using it. I've read through all the paperwork I could find about it, and my fellow GSAs and I did some test transactions with it.

Here are some initial questions I have for any stores who are already using this:
  • Are there certain areas of the store that TMs find it really handy to have? The paperwork says to use a device up front to help eliminate back-up, but I don't see how this would be any more efficient than just taking the guest to a nearby register. (Which we are not allowed to do when we are GSTL)
  • How are you managing having bags available for guests' items, but also not keeping these bags on the sales floor?
  • From an AP standpoint, what routines are in place to help minimize theft by guests who've already made purchases on the floor and are still shopping?

Point three pretty much answers your first point. One reason to have them by the lanes is to get people when they're done shopping, rather than having them feel pressured to be done shopping, if you're out on the floor, or have multiple transactions.

Otherwise, though, I could see them being useful by electronics, if it's busy back there. Maybe by the fitting room? Don't know how many people buy clothing and not much else, or who would hit softlines last.

Also, if your situation is that you don't have enough registers, opening more might not be an option (see: my store before Christmas, particularly since they're eliminating 4 checklanes in the remodel. I hope we get some mobile checkout devices by then).

We use myCheckout in seasonal and babies.
OP is referring to the new app on the checkout zebras that launched this week allowing you to check out guests on the device instore instead of a regular register

Maybe by the fitting room? Don't know how many people buy clothing and not much else, or who would hit softlines last.

This is where I see it being the most practical, from the guest's viewpoint, especially if you're somebody who doesn't like using self-checkout. This would be an AP nightmare, however. I think it would be a bit more manageable if Target had clear plastic bags (like Best Buy) that TMs solely used for Mobile Checkout transactions. This would help distinguish who purchased at the lanes vs on the floor as guests exit the building.

I also see Mobile Checkout being useful in seasonal and furniture for large items... Scenario: Guest tells sales floor TM they want a large grill. TM sends the guests to wait at the lanes and goes back to grab a flat. TM pushes the grill to the lanes, sends the guest to the nearest cashier, and then drops off the flat. Cashier then calls for the GSTL, who then pages the cart attendant (assuming they have one) for the carry out. [If you're asking yourself why the sales floor TM didn't just ring the guest and page the cart attendant themselves, silly you...that would just be too logical for certain TMs.] With Mobile Checkout: Guest can pay for the grill in seasonal, and TM just sends the guest outside to pull up to the curb. TM goes back to grab the flat, and then either pages the cart attendant to meet them at the curb or (for lighter items) just does the carryout themselves.

The Zebra Mobile Checkout devices have started to roll out in my store. Luckily I do not have to deal with them but I have co-workers that do. Could anyone fill me in on what the expectations are for team members that need to carry these around, since some stores have had these for a while. I just want to pass on any new info that might be going on at other stores.

Used to be a line buster or save the sale by electronics, beauty, seasonal, & Front end. Work bench has some good info about my checkout. In store side, you can do a fast save with a guest paying credit card, gift card or debit. No cash accepted. You see the sales on a zebra or greenfield.

In our region it has been said that mobile checkout should be used for 10 percent of all transactions for the day. Hahahahahahaha. What are they smoking?

We always have one in electronics, fitting room, service desk. The other seems to float.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back