Who recently quit at your store?

Visited old store today to buy something current store doesn't carry. VM quit. I can't keep up with the front end or the sales floor anymore. Two TMs approached me asking me to put in good words for them at my current store because they're trying to transfer. One told me if they can't transfer, they're leaving. One of my old compatriots told me new TMs are NCNSing within a week or two. Sad. Current store is hanging in so far.

The veteran TMs/TLs that I've talked to who have been with the company for more than 20 years all agree that "Modernization" is the worst thing to crank out of HQ. If you can't stand the stress better to get out while you can still leave on a positive note. Our VM just put in her 2 weeks but has been saving for this exodus for awhile now. I wish her and all those who've said 'goodbye' to Target the best and hope you all find that job you'll love getting up for in the morning.

Our ETL-GE transferred to another store as an ETL-LOG after less than a year in role, don’t think we are getting another GE

No softlines ETL for Q4... quit target completely. A veteran TL just quit. Two longtime TMs just left.

Also, we cannot hire cashiers. Like just this seasonal period so far, we have had six that have NCNS their way out, a minor who is consistently late but at least she eventually shows up i guess! and someone who just let us know she won’t be back (she was v bad anyway.. the minute i trained her i knew she didn’t want to work).

I think my PPTL will quit soon every other TLs in different workcenter gives to much workload to her with minimum tms and payroll to achieve it so whenever shes calls backroom for help ill respond right away even though i'm scheduled flexfill to help her in any way possible since shes the best~!

Our ETL-HR became our STL this year and everyone hates her. As a result, in the last year we've lost:
-1 ETL-LOG (who was the best)
-1 ETL-Salesfloor (who was also the best)
-1 PMT (was fired, only there ~3 months)
-1 APTL (fired)
-2 GSAs
-2 POG TMs
-2 Hardlines TMs (at least, I can't remember)
-2 Beauty TMs (one was also flow team)
-2 or 3 Market TMs
- 4 Softlines TMs
-1 VM
-An instocks TM was strong-armed into retirement (as was one of the Softlines TMs)
-Half of the flow team I started with is gone as well
-The whole Ship from Store team quit at the same time and it was great
-I've lost count of how many new hires show up for one shift or orientation and just never come back
-I'm sure we've lost plenty of cashiers too, but none of the vets that I know of
-1 Backroom TM
-1 Receiver

It doesn't seem like a lot, but we aren't exactly high volume, so that's nearly half of the team.

Last edited:
Spot rarely hires dudes with experience for PMT positions so they either
a) can’t handle the type of work and workload
b) hate the actual work
C) realize they can make more doing the same work anywhere else
The three we had before our current guy were all fired, as far as I know.

My store is hiring for everything...but anyone noticed that leaders are alot harder at interviews now. My ETL interviewed this girl I knew he'd hire and nope.
Maybe at your store. We've hired 60 new people. I don't think I've seen a single interviewee leave without a new hire folder.

One of the new Hardlines TM I get along with had his last day yesterday. The reasons he quit my store because his other job offered better hours and a pay raise, he's undergoing surgery this upcoming week, and the upper management at my store treated him like absolute shit. He's a hardworking TM, but for personal reasons they didn't respect him.

Pouring one out for ya dude.

Found out the team member in charge of shoes put in her two weeks. Very hard and dedicated worker. RIP shoes. She's been there at least 6 years.
I don't blame her one bit though. I was in shoes for 3 years before I told my ETL-SF to get me the hell out. It's been almost a year and people still ask me questions about shoes...

I don't get what Spot was thinking. I'm pro raising entry level pay, but why would you not increase old timer pay alongside it to avoid exactly this situation? And taking away Flow and GSA differentials was just stupid.
They couldn't afford to raise old timer pay. I didn't even get my regular yearly raise. Just the base pay raise.

My transfer keeps betting pushed back but I’ll be the third leader in my store to step down in about 3-4 months. My Sr.HR TL told me she might be putting her two weeks in and she has only been ~3 months. She can’t take our psycho STL. She’s already had the HRBP down there for issues.

Back