Who recently quit at your store?

At least two A+A team members quit. One got some sort of pre-fall semester fellowship thing for school that they're going to go do, and I think the other's moving out of state. It's a shame because they're both great people. Plus, with the latter one, I won't have anyone with similar music taste to mine at the store once she's gone.

Yesterday, our newest A+A trainee took her lunch and then just peaced out, so now I have almost 80 hours of shifts to fill for the next two weeks. And we'll be lucky if we don't have a couple of TMs put in their notice this week.

Wonderful. :eek:
We have a revolving door at our store. It's really tough when hours are tight and then you have people quit or NCNS, and not enough people to fill those outs.

We just lost two of our better Market team members, now they're down to a TL, a PA (who I haven't seen in a while) and two other average tms.

Rip to our Market team. When doing Inventory prep, I had to push uboats and uboats of stuff that's haven't pushed, and in the case of the dairy cooler, hasn't been pushed in over month, and it had to be qmos

I had the weekend off and I came back in today to find out six people were fired over the weekend, and our ETL-LOG just didn’t show up for truck today so I’d say we’re doing swell.

Edit: Every one of our GSAs quit when they raised the minimum wage to $12.

I've been debating lately. Not because of anything that's happening at the store, but because I'm no longer in the financial straits that required the second job, and because it would be nice to have my Saturdays back. But I do mostly enjoy working for Spot and I sure do like the discount!

Most of the flow team. Going 4am soon from o/n. Taking away the $3/hr shift diff without the usual increase in base pay to compensate. Upper mgmt thinks they should be grateful since they keep $3 from 4-8am. Next year it will drop to $1 from 4-8am. More will leave then. Plus modernization and raising newbie pay. Way to run a business into the ground corporate.

I myself thinking to demote back to cashier, I had a raise of 33c total of 12.58. 8 and half yrs cashiering and 1 yr gsa. But told the bosses I'm interested to move up hopefully they will give it to me next year since I got pregnant and wait till I deliver the baby. Sigh.

Most of the flow team. Going 4am soon from o/n. Taking away the $3/hr shift diff without the usual increase in base pay to compensate. Upper mgmt thinks they should be grateful since they keep $3 from 4-8am. Next year it will drop to $1 from 4-8am. More will leave then. Plus modernization and raising newbie pay. Way to run a business into the ground corporate.
Wait a minute, you get a $3 a hour differential. How many Walmarts are around you and/or how rich are the people that shop at your Target? Usually the rich neighborhoods have a hard time getting team members from the surrounding community because for their precious children, working at Target is beneath them. With that difficulty, they give a pay bump that usually attracts people from outside the community. I have heard of a $1.75 but never $3. That change is going to hurt in the wallet for sure

Last edited:

Our newbs are former assistant managers at small mom and pop shops. It's 25 cents more than they made at the mom and pop and they are harder workers than the college kids that comes in high because we needed a warm body 2 years ago and they stuck around.

Three dropped resignations today alone.. As the HRTM and I were talking at break.. We are down to one backroom TM who is not flow or the TL..

I know of three TL's who planning their exits, within the next month.. Just as soon as they get start dates for new jobs..

And we have rolled every truck this week so its getting fun since we have only like six people to work a 2000-2400 average truck five days a week.

I have 5 days off next week... 14 hours, nothing but a couple CA shifts. I had 4 days off this week and 4 days off week after next.

All CA, not a HL shift at all. I'm trying to take it all in stride.

Our first hire for SrTL-Food quit during training. The next one quit the second day on the job. Doesn't take smart people long to realize you can't do what Spot wants done with the hours given. They probably shouldn't had fired the person we had in the first place. At this rate we may never have a SrTL-Food again.

Wait a minute, you get a $3 a hour differential. How many Walmarts are around you and/or how rich are the people that shop at your Target? Usually the rich neighborhoods have a hard time getting team members from the surrounding community because for their precious children, working at Target is beneath them. With that difficulty, they give a pay bump that usually attracts people from outside the community. I have heard of a $1.75 but never $3. That change is going to hurt in the wallet for sure
Yes several Wal-Marts near by and yes privileged kids whose mommies and daddies buy them everything. Huge hit to the wallet.

Our first hire for SrTL-Food quit during training. The next one quit the second day on the job. Doesn't take smart people long to realize you can't do what Spot wants done with the hours given. They probably shouldn't had fired the person we had in the first place. At this rate we may never have a SrTL-Food again.

Ya im wondering how long my TL-Food is going to last..I give it 6 months. Not sure why for just the TL position Target wanted to hire outside the company...why? Not like you do much more than Push Truck and do endcaps 99 percent of the time anyway

Back