Who recently quit at your store?

Ageism is alive and well at Target. Whenever a TL position opens, they fill it with someone under 25.
I'm over 50 and a TL but you are right on the money about ageism. I took my current position, Closing Leader, 2 years ago with the goal of moving up to ETL. Meanwhile every 20 something TL has a mentor and all that. I'm over here just dealing with all the bullshit that comes with running a store at a little more than an incoming TL. Can't wait for my vacation next week! Time to reevaluate my path at Spot.

One of my coworkers said to the TL who gave him the review that the ink to print the review was probably worth more than his actual raise
One year when I was capped I told the TL that they paid out more to write a review, have their meetings, enter the data , and to sit and spend both of our time to listen to "what a valuable tm" than what my annual raise amounted to. It was rather satisfying to feel their discomfort.

Definitely ASANTS - but most of our management is 30+ with the bulk of them being near 40 or over. We do have 2 ETL in their 20's but the one busts her butt working even more hours than she should be, doing enough work for 4 team members. The other is ETL HR. I like her. But she doesn't do too much. IDK what the HR job entails, really, or if they're even supposed to try and help push when they aren't busy... Even our SD pushes in C&D.

Don't get me wrong, I was a young manager back in the day (not for Target) but it seems that 90% of kids these days have a very low work ethic overall. If I were hiring for team lead or ETL I'd have to have personally seen someone young proving their work ethic before I even entertained the idea of hiring/promoting.

I also think that our management being older is the reason our turnover isn't that bad. There isn't a whole lot of drama. Those that have quit have done so for school or because they needed more hours. Management never leaves unless it's to go to another store to move up the ladder.

One year when I was capped I told the TL that they paid out more to write a review, have their meetings, enter the data , and to sit and spend both of our time to listen to "what a valuable tm" than what my annual raise amounted to. It was rather satisfying to feel their discomfort.
Well you did better than I did. I just started laughing.

Another flex TM, and the one we all cheered was our Front end ETL, he was as useless as tits on a bull.. I have never actually seen a person dance and Irish Jig but I saw three front end people actually try when they were told.. Cause this dude had half the front end quit because of him. He quit cause I guess he was about to be fired or on track to be.. Confirmed by some others in leadership.

Another flex TM, and the one we all cheered was our Front end ETL, he was as useless as tits on a bull.. I have never actually seen a person dance and Irish Jig but I saw three front end people actually try when they were told.. Cause this dude had half the front end quit because of him. He quit cause I guess he was about to be fired or on track to be.. Confirmed by some others in leadership.
Happy for you. Dead weight gotta go !

At my store it is currently: Who just got fired or is being pushed out? Too many to name, but it seems like anyone that has been here longer than 5 or so years is on the chopping block. Even if they are a good TM or TL, they are being forced to move to non-desirable work centers (GS to cashier only or cleaning, or anywhere to cleaning).

It’s really depressing because there are some people that have been working here for 10-15 years and depend on this job and have honestly put in good work. Meanwhile our young hired out of college ETL that has seemingly lived a pretty privileged life has no issue treating them so disrespectfully they quit or eventually firing them for things when their performance is probably better than half the friends/ family friends they have hired. Anyway, end rant lol

That happened in my district too. SD just gave his keys to HR.

They probably found another job. I know a lot of ETL/SDs who left Target. Tired of working 80 hour weeks.
I hope they take some time off before starting their new position.

That being said companies (not just Target) don't seem to realize that
True but so far our under 25 TL kicks azz.

Target needs to convince TLs to take the promotion to ETL.

TLs realize that transition means more hours but not that much more money because ETLs are salaried.

I hope they take some time off before starting their new position.

That being said companies (not just Target) don't seem to realize that

Target needs to convince TLs to take the promotion to ETL.

TLs realize that transition means more hours but not that much more money because ETLs are salaried.
TL is a nice comfortable spot of freedom between micro-managed to over managed.

tm has it tough, etl has it stressful.
A good TL can stay out of the fray but a bad TL can get squashed between a rock and a hard place.
Depends on how you manage things.

in my opinion, ETL NOT worth the amount of extra bennies.

I make more than the ETLHR at my store. Not just if you do the math to figure out hourly pay for the ETL--straight make more. If we figured out his hourly rate, I don't see why anyone would do that job for that pay, stress, and hours worked.
This...I complain about cleaning because it's the most boring job in the store, but heck if it isn't nice to not worry about all the stuff ETLs have to do.

Slight correction, the ETL did not quit, he was in fact fired. Investigation happened, why? I am not sure have a few ideas but none confirmed other that there was an investigation on him and he was fired. That was confirmed to me.. Either way people are dancing. We will take it..

Slight correction, the ETL did not quit, he was in fact fired. Investigation happened, why? I am not sure have a few ideas but none confirmed other that there was an investigation on him and he was fired. That was confirmed to me.. Either way people are dancing. We will take it..
Going to guess shoplifting. I've noticed assholes are never just assholish in just one area.

Back