Archived Why are bosses clueless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though @CaptainRevision , this is a pointless argument. I'm not saying your job doesn't have its difficulties, what I was trying to stress is that there is NOTHING wrong with your boss giving you a slightly unrealistic workload for you to strive towards. Even outside Spot in my new job, I get added responsibilities each day and have to constantly improve.

I used to believe this until I had someone giving me unrealistic expectations every single fucking day. Every day they were not met and that killed my morale and the morale of my team. Soon I started feeling like a failure and second guessing myself. I knew my numbers, I knew my processes, I utilized my team to capitalize on their strengths, I'm damn good at my job, but the added goals would not be complete. Some stress is good for you, constant unrealistic stress causes you to have issues in and out of work isn't.
If the ETL just happens to stumble here and read this - Fuck you bitch, you're fucking garbage. I wish you the absolute worst in life. You need to do everyone a favor and just end yourself.

In all seriousness though @CaptainRevision , this is a pointless argument. I'm not saying your job doesn't have its difficulties, what I was trying to stress is that there is NOTHING wrong with your boss giving you a slightly unrealistic workload for you to strive towards. Even outside Spot in my new job, I get added responsibilities each day and have to constantly improve.

I used to believe this until I had someone giving me unrealistic expectations every single fucking day. Every day they were not met and that killed my morale and the morale of my team. Soon I started feeling like a failure and second guessing myself. I knew my numbers, I knew my processes, I utilized my team to capitalize on their strengths, I'm damn good at my job, but the added goals would not be complete. Some stress is good for you, constant unrealistic stress causes you to have issues in and out of work isn't.
If the ETL just happens to stumble here and read this - Fuck you bitch, you're fucking garbage. I wish you the absolute worst in life. You need to do everyone a favor and just end yourself.

Pretty sure they don't care what you think lol. Not sure I would either if I was making 50k+ a year.

A LOT of wrong is going on in Plano probably moreso than any other depts in the store at this time (including the issues of 1) Recognition of heavy workload, 2) Respect the TMs working on Plano, 3) Fair and balanced hours 4) Manpower help needed, etc). Clearly reading from this forum, not just my store alone, but many more stores are in the SAME boat. This is EXACTLY why so many stores share the problem of falling behind for weeks on Planogram work! Don't mindlessly just blame TMs on plano for not working hard enough! Obviously, it's a huge concern that NEED to get addressed and not ignored and treated like what Barcode said. That unrealistic motivation crap only solves nothing, and will only bring a great company down to the level of Walmart, or worse!

And, I would appreciated if TL or TM who have no idea how to do planogram, or do the bare minimum (an aisle that completely easy to do for anyone really) to compare to more difficult planograms as the same, to realize the full scope of the difficulty , to refrain from commenting on how easy the work is to your false impression - It's just clueless!

Last edited:
IDK, I've never noticed issues with Planogram at either of my stores I worked, or for that matter any Target stores I've been shopping in. If you say there is a problem, it sure isn't visible. Unless its only your store.

They are constantly telling us at huddle how plano walks on water and is so wonderful and is setting major resets ahead of time. It's gotten so that other TMs just avoid going to huddle altogether so they don't have to listen to it. Again.

Pretty sure they don't care what you think lol. Not sure I would either if I was making 50k+ a year.

LOL at acting like 50k/year is a lot of money. Maybe you should set your goals higher and work harder so the rest of us don't have to pay for your welfare.

LOL at acting like 50k/year is a lot of money. Maybe you should set your goals higher and work harder so the rest of us don't have to pay for your welfare.

Unless you're in an area with a high cost of living, 50k/year is a pretty good sum of money, especially for starting out. Its not unheard of for experienced ETLs to make anywhere up to 90k. I'm not quite making 40k and I'm living quite comfortably compared to the ~15-20k I was making at Target full-time.

At any rate I don't need Target "Team Members" paying for my "welfare" :p

Not really no. Just more time consuming. Nuts and bolts are the same as any smaller/simpler Planogram.

Try being responsible for planning out 28 Endcaps every ~4 weeks and having to Scan, Pull (usually by myself), grab all the shelves/pegs/signs, and set them all by myself within the course of a week, while balancing with my REAL job at the same time? At least you have dedicated hours for POG, I wasn't so fortunate but you don't hear me complaining that its impossible.
28 endcaps? I had about 80 or so when I was a TL.

You can't honestly compare setting an endcap to setting a POG. Ever set the deoderant aisle? Hair clips? Soup can aisle? TV wall?

Last edited:
They are constantly telling us at huddle how plano walks on water and is so wonderful and is setting major resets ahead of time. It's gotten so that other TMs just avoid going to huddle altogether so they don't have to listen to it. Again.

Sounds like Plano team is sensitive and needs constant praise on how important they are to the store :(

Sounds like Plano team is sensitive and needs constant praise on how important they are to the store :(

They are rarely at huddle, and when they are, they are generally ignoring it and talking amongst themselves since they don't admit to speaking enough English to understand what is being said.

Don't let it get to you, if your Plano team is like mine most of what they set looks like crap and they don't bother to adjust things for differences in product. Can't put labels in correctly(see cosmetics transition). They will drop batches to fill, but if isn't in that pull, that spot on the shelf isn't getting filled. A couple of them just won't do it, three of them if they work together you can hear them cackling half way across the store. But they are gods, cause they are working ahead, but doing it half assed is how it gest done.

Don't let it get to you, if your Plano team is like mine most of what they set looks like crap and they don't bother to adjust things for differences in product. Can't put labels in correctly(see cosmetics transition). They will drop batches to fill, but if isn't in that pull, that spot on the shelf isn't getting filled. A couple of them just won't do it, three of them if they work together you can hear them cackling half way across the store. But they are gods, cause they are working ahead, but doing it half assed is how it gest done.

This is mine as well. I've had the pleasure of working in the same department as them the past two weeks. Lazy doesn't even begin to describe them. They seem to be constantly on break, always talking, and finish their sets 5 minutes before they leave. They DO NOT push anything that doesn't come out in one of their batches. Period. I'm drowning in their backstock that will take me a week to finish with my 4.75 hour days.

Lets rant about that for a second :p

I've talked to my ETL and TL multiple times about getting help in electronics for 4th quarter. I've been playing catch up for a week, currently 5 full carts of DVD backstock, a cart of cds that aren't set properly, 8 entertainment repacks and 5 book repacks from today's truck and to top it all off, AP is breathing down my neck about the mess and the counts being off. I'm a flow master, but there's no way I can push/backstock Black Friday freight and play catch up from plano sets and new release sets in less than 5 hours a day. "Oh, we'll send someone over there to help." Help never arrives. "Wow, it's a mess back here. You need someone to help out." No shit. "The old elec pusher got 40 hrs. We'll start giving you more hours." Two week schedule comes out, six days in a row, 31 hours. 7 of those are a morning autofill/backroom shift. FML

Meanwhile they've fired off every flow TM who's been through 4th quarter and are going in with a whole team who aren't even past their 90 days. Our unload took an hour and forty minutes this morning, leaving us with 20 minutes to push before the store opened. We're screwed.

Last edited:

There is a store in my area where this is true. I'd just settle for not always being behind every week.

But yes Hardlinesmaster, this thread is about clueless bosses in any department.

My main point being, how can a tl and etl with little to no experience accurately assign work?

And Barcode, if either of these two people at my store had the experience, I'd be all on board with them setting reasonably attainable goals.

But that is not the case here. What I am saying is that clueless bosses are setting UNREASONABLY high expectations. Then complaining/badgering people when the work is not finished or finished correctly.

That is my point. Not that one work center is harder than another. All workcenters have their difficulties.

WTF? Now we are making an example of half-assed/ not working hard Plano TM and think all plano TMs are like that?

Yes, we are getting sensitive, you are right, but it has a very good reason!

Why? Because people like myself and co-worker are hardworking Plano TMs and bust our asses off, yet we don't seem to get any break, or respect enough that we get more fair hours or help needed from other people! We have become sensitive about this, because recently, it's gotten very bad. Most other department are seriously much easier, now compared to what we do!

It's gotten awful enough I want to quit so bad!

I wouldn't think I would be this sensitive, but considering what we go thru, it's very reasonable!

No sir, it's not because we need to be more important, but we just really need help and fair hours!

Last edited:
Not really no. Just more time consuming. Nuts and bolts are the same as any smaller/simpler Planogram.

Try being responsible for planning out 28 Endcaps every ~4 weeks and having to Scan, Pull (usually by myself), grab all the shelves/pegs/signs, and set them all by myself within the course of a week, while balancing with my REAL job at the same time? At least you have dedicated hours for POG, I wasn't so fortunate but you don't hear me complaining that its impossible.

You can't honestly compare setting an endcap to setting a POG. Ever set the deoderant aisle? Hair clips? Soup can aisle? TV wall?

They obviously have NOT done enough of these, or any of these!

If you do one of these every day for a whole week consecutively, how can you not grow an appreciation for Planogram's difficulty?

Last edited:
The point isn't to be funny, or amuse anyone.

It's to solve an important issue that is very bad right now, and getting ignored by clueless bosses!

That is my point. Not that one work center is harder than another. All workcenters have their difficulties.

But most other Workcenters aren't going to walk out of the building at the end of day, or week and is 1/2/3 weeks behind on the work (and that they can't control no matter how hard they work on it)

Again, me and my co-workers are very hard-working, we bust our damn asses off. Setting a 8- 10 hour planogram everyday by ourselves, (Or just as much as on Revisions) without any help! Taking breaks even is becoming an issue, because we often has to skip a 15 to get our shit done!

I don't understand your post. I know you are not trying to say that most Planogram TMs are like what you have described. Adding an additional comment saying "I am pretty sure there are many plano TMs are very hard working" would made your post more agreeable to read.

They obviously have NOT done enough of these, or any of these!

If you do one of these every day for a whole week consecutively, how can you not grow an appreciation for Planogram's difficulty?

index.php

Attachments

• what-if-i-9g0nl2.jpg
    what-if-i-9g0nl2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 146
Look I am not saying Planogram is more important than any other department, but I am saying that apparently many stores are WAY BEHIND on Planogram, and that is a global issue seem to need some attention on, but unfortunately clueless bosses want to ignore it and have it keep going worse and worse.

I understand that everyone has issues in their workcenter. But, what action or solutions have been communicated to upper mgt by all to improve or correct the issues? Try to come up with better ideas to do things. That's what we did at my store, we took Mmb revisions away from Plano & gave it to 2 part time tm's who were zoners, got them trained. They got revisions in MMB done in 16 hours instead of 24 hours. Boy, they are really enjoying what they doing . Because they are driving sales & getting product out.

Look I am not saying Planogram is more important than any other department, but I am saying that apparently many stores are WAY BEHIND on Planogram, and that is a global issue seem to need some attention on, but unfortunately clueless bosses want to ignore it and have it keep going worse and worse.
But most other Workcenters aren't going to walk out of the building at the end of day, or week and is 1/2/3 weeks behind on the work (and that they can't control no matter how hard they work on it)

Trust me, what we do in Revision or POGs AREN'T easy at all. Most of what we do are hard work (and often thought-provoking), not depend on how to talk or how to assist guests. Planogram isn't sales floor or cashier!!! Those are easy, but it is not what Planogram is about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back