Archived Why do ETLs need to have a degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot for the life of me understand why Spot refuses to hire ETLs unless they have a degree. It's literally just a glorified assistant manager position. The degrees they have aren't even relevant to their position within the store.

Example of why this requirement is so crappy: One of our GSTLs has been with the store for over a decade, and a TL for five years. She has long desired to move up within the store, but knows she can't because she lacks a degree. Our STL even said that if she had a degree, he'd have hired her for ETL-GE. Instead, they went with some fresh out of college bimbo with little retail experience and 0 experience with Target. Totally infuriates me as the girl has NO idea what she's doing and frequently has to ask the GSTL for help.

Meanwhile, you can be a store manager at pretty much any other company (including Wally World, I believe) without a degree in anything. So, what knucklehead came up with this idiotic rule?
Wally World you need a degree too

Wally World you need a degree too
That post is three years old now. It's no longer true that you need a degree to move up to ETL. They will take equivalent experience instead of a degree in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back