Archived Why doesn't anyone wear kneepads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have knee issues from being hit by a car and so I invested in knee pads right off.
It was well worth the cost and I think the store should offer to provide them for folks.

Years of kneeling on the sharpest carpets and screws have completely ruined my knees already, the linoleum is a welcome change. On the other hand, the more expensive insoles are always worth it.

Our flow TMs are allowed to wear knee pads. I'm so tired of ruining my pants because our softline's carpet is so nasty. All is us have stained knees! I would wear knee pads just because of that! lol

You'd think that foam kneepads would be orderable equipment. I know our price change team has s handful of those red rectangular kneeling pads, so I wonder if the store can order those.

My knees started to feel it after a couple of months on Flow. I bought the volleyball knee pads we used to sell in Sporting Good. They fit under my khakis and no one could tell I was using them. Haven't needed to wear them in over 10 years, but with the Instocks Task List having us research many RIGS on the base deck level (Yes, I'm talking about you Glade air fresheners!), I'm thinking about using them again.

When i work flow I use my kneepads to get off the floor, take them off when we are working carts. Honestly I don't know why people don't get some makes the process so much nicer.

Our flow TMs are allowed to wear knee pads. I'm so tired of ruining my pants because our softline's carpet is so nasty. All is us have stained knees! I would wear knee pads just because of that! lol
I'm pfresh assist and HL and the STL doesn't mind me wearing those big ass industrial kneepads on the sales floor.

I have had huge blisters on my kness,that turn into lovely open wounds.

Maybe I should get a pair of these knee pads. Then again the jokes might be worse then the knee pain.

I have had huge blisters on my kness,that turn into lovely open wounds.

Maybe I should get a pair of these knee pads. Then again the jokes might be worse then the knee pain.

Man these pads feel like youre kneeling on the softest carpet you've ever laid upon. It's gel+foam and because of that, it takes a long time to wear out the cushion. Every shift though someone comments on them tho lol. One time the entire store on the walkie was like "why aren't we wearing kneepads like *my name*" and I chuckled.

what are you guys doing that your knees are on the floor that much. I have done flow for several years and never spent that much/if any time on my knees.

what are you guys doing that your knees are on the floor that much. I have done flow for several years and never spent that much/if any time on my knees.
P-fresh and the occasional super rare 4x4 ("detail zoned") We actually zoned hba the other day. My TL hurt her back and couldn't bend. So I 4x4-ed the bottom shelves.... That hurt

If I got down on both knees I'd never get back up. Really, I only put 1 knee on the floor. If I have to FIFO something on the bottom shelf in market, then I have to get down to reach to the back (cereal), but I try to avoid it if possible.

I usually sit than kneel. Or squat. But if I am at Pfresh, yeah, then I kneel... Or get a step stool and sit on it. Kidding. Did that once tho, with marshmallow shelves and only bec my back was hurting at that time.

We have a TM that has a kneeling mat when she works on the lower shelves.

Attachments

• 71KYNtWg3bL._SL1000_.jpg
    71KYNtWg3bL._SL1000_.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 43
I've had to lay down on the floor to pull stuff forward before...

I have knee issues from being hit by a car and so I invested in knee pads right off.
It was well worth the cost and I think the store should offer to provide them for folks.

Stores offer gloves & too many TMs take advantage of that fact & request a new pair every shift.

There has to be much better oversight in supplying gloves. There is no reason a person shouldn't be expected to hold on to their gloves until they are torn or usable. One pair per month(or longer?) or buy your own. If people paid for those things, I guarantee they wouldn't "lose" or forget them every day.

After they address that problem - let them consider handing out kneepads.

We have kneeling pads for pricing/ pog. I don't have bad knees, but if i did i would likely use pads or buy a better kneeling pad.

I have bad knees, so I got a pair of those volleyball kneepads from sporting goods last summer and either wear those or padded knee braces most shifts. The drop in knee pain was/is incredible.

I really need to start wearing them. I'm on my knees like half my shift in cosmetics, and everyone is always commenting on how bad my knees must hurt. Yes, yes they do. But like hell will I look un-fashionable! (Except I'm totally going to start soon...)

I really need to start wearing them. I'm on my knees like half my shift in cosmetics, and everyone is always commenting on how bad my knees must hurt. Yes, yes they do. But like hell will I look un-fashionable! (Except I'm totally going to start soon...)
Same. I look like a construction man when wearing all that stuff hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back