Archived Why not also, if they arent already, cut corporate benefits and hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the reduction in full time hours to reduce the number of team members receiving benefits, I wondered how many former full time corporate employees have now been reduced, not fired, to part time. After all, having two part time employees at corporate with no benefits is a money saver too. Hell, i could manage the item capacity aspect with zero hours. We had an item in toys that said it could hold 2,520 items, when in reality, it could hold 5 or 6. Target doesn't need full time employees to do that badly.

A few years a go, Spot had a couple of heavy headcount cuts at corporate. Got rid of the veterans and kept the newbies. That lack of institutional knowledge is still being felt by stores in areas like POG design

A few years a go, Spot had a couple of heavy headcount cuts at corporate. Got rid of the veterans and kept the newbies. That lack of institutional knowledge is still being felt by stores in areas like POG design

Not fire. Make the rest part time. Save lots of money there.

Many large companies make extensive use of temp and contract agencies for cheaper labor to fill seats at Corporate Offices, I wouldn't be surprised if spot does the same, benefit of contracted workers is they don't technically work for you, so you can pay them less, you don't need to pony up for benefits, AND you can lay them off in mass with very little paperwork once you decide you don't need them anymore. I'm sure it's very cost-effect for Spot!

lack of institutional knowledge is still being felt
My SD says this every week. She ran the most successful log process in my group for years and was promoted to BP now SD and she is just astounded everyday at the logistical mess ups being seen at store level from things that never used to be issues. Just simple planning and organizing issues that were thought about ahead of time and not left up to the stores to figure out later. She spends more time on the phone with our regional logistics operations director fixing things than she does being our SD😂 she’s caught some pretty big slips ups though that saved not only us but the whole group

You know what Modernization is? Amazon’s management tactics. They are trying to replicate Amazon’s efficiency.

A retail store like target and a.com like amazon have very little in common. It’s dumb for target to try and copy amazon.
Target is competing with Walmart and other retail stores not amazon. Target needs to focus on being the best discount retail store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back