why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I need to use my turn signal when there are starving children in Africa?!?!

Training and culture is important. It's the Target way of doing things
“so just shut up and take it” is targets way of doing things? am i the only one that wants to know why?

If you’re essentially a laborer, then no you don’t get to ask those questions. Well you do, but you’ll piss off your leaders.

This is why organized labor usually comes together because enough people are displeased with the status quo.

If you’re essentially a laborer, then no you don’t get to ask those questions. Well you do, but you’ll piss off your leaders.

This is why organized labor usually comes together because enough people are displeased with the status quo.
Somebody lefy some pamphlets all over our store.... but things are fine

“so just shut up and take it” is targets way of doing things? am i the only one that wants to know why?

Shut up and take what?
A short class on how not to be an asshole?
Which is pretty much what these courses break down to?

So you want to know why?
The answer is simple.
Capitalism.
Corporations are amoral.
Their only function is to make money.
Making money means bring in new customers which includes all the minorities i.e. intersectionality and equity.
These courses are performative for the minorities to prove the corporation is supporting them so they will spend money.
The company also has to make sure as little money goes out the door as possible, that means lawsuits.
These courses are CYA to protect them from lawsuits.
So win-win for the company with not much of an investment.

I take this kind of training every year because it is part of Code of Ethics for the job I do.
You are probably only going to have to take it once.
Enjoy the time you aren't slinging boxes.

nobody acts like this at work.. it just fules speculation that doesn’t need to be thought while slinging boxes and bitching about broken bathrooms .. hey why don’t the get rid of the woke team that make us take this shit use the money no longer paying them to FIX THE FRIGGIN TOILETS!!! end of rant…

nobody acts like this at work.. it just fules speculation that doesn’t need to be thought while slinging boxes and bitching about broken bathrooms .. hey why don’t the get rid of the woke team that make us take this shit use the money no longer paying them to FIX THE FRIGGIN TOILETS!!! end of rant…
Shut up and take what?
A short class on how not to be an asshole?
Which is pretty much what these courses break down to?

So you want to know why?
The answer is simple.
Capitalism.
Corporations are amoral.
Their only function is to make money.
Making money means bring in new customers which includes all the minorities i.e. intersectionality and equity.
These courses are performative for the minorities to prove the corporation is supporting them so they will spend money.
The company also has to make sure as little money goes out the door as possible, that means lawsuits.
These courses are CYA to protect them from lawsuits.
So win-win for the company with not much of an investment.

I take this kind of training every year because it is part of Code of Ethics for the job I do.
You are probably only going to have to take it once.
Enjoy the time you aren't slinging boxes.
then make bry@n c@rnell take the frigging corse

Last edited:
then make bry@n c@rnell take the frigging corse

Oh, you can bet all the corporate bigwigs have heard all of this.
Why do you think the courses exist in the first place?
They hire professionals to do presentations as to why this stuff is important.
There are long meetings where they tweak the courses to make sure they fit the corporate image etc.
He's been there for some of it, I promise.

why do i have to take a corse on intersectionality and equity just to sling boxes and work in a place where half the toilets don’t work???
It's all about "looks". Taking these courses make the company "look" like they're doing the correct thing to continue to be successful. They don't care that most people don't comprehend the material that the course is covering because in the end the company is doing the "right thing" by forcing this down everyone's throat.

The bathrooms are broken so that less people can sit on the toilet at the same time, wasting precious time, while they're on the clock. Quite a smart move actually.

Just sling those darn boxes and stop asking so many questions already!

Nothing new. We had to go through the same curriculum 18 years ago at an F-500 engineering/tech corp. It was fine plus they provided a good lunch. Just take it, pay attention and go on with your work day. Grind a load of Wegmans "Bold" dark coffee beans. Nice coffee.

I just completed the equity video.

I actually apreciwted how realistic and "tame" it was compared to the scenwrios they gave last year.

But man their "behind the scenes video felt just as long if not longer than the actual scenario itself. 2 minute training video followed by 3 minute self congratulations by the three individuals who are outwardly female-presenting (i dont remember if it listed their pronouns).

I actually apreciwted how realistic and "tame" it was compared to the scenwrios they gave last year.

But man their "behind the scenes video felt just as long if not longer than the actual scenario itself. 2 minute training video followed by 3 minute self congratulations by the three individuals who are outwardly female-presenting (i dont remember if it listed their pronouns).
Yeah the video was pretty good this time around but I agree, I thought the behind the scenes video was totally unnecessary

hate to break it to you, but do you know why the "woke team" exists? do you think companies spend money on these initiatives if they didn't work to some beneficial degreem

they gave us tablets to watch last years bs show. I fast forwarded all the video portion of it and just answered the questions how spot would like you to answer them. i was out in 3 minutes.. back to slinging boxes and bitching about. broken toilets

hate to break it to you, but do you know why the "woke team" exists? do you think companies spend money on these initiatives if they didn't work to some beneficial degree?
what is the benefit of having the woke team.. please explain?

what is the benefit of having the woke team.. please explain?

What is the benefit of having a team that doesn't get the company sued for constantly deadnaming or misgendering a trans employee?
What is the benefit of having a team that doesn't get the company sued for telling racist jokes in front of members of that racial group?
What is the benefit of having a team that doesn't get the company sued for assaulting female members of the team or making lewd comments to them?

And before you say that your team isn't like that, this isn't about your team.
This is about every team, especially the ones with assholes in them.
If you aren't an asshole and act like a decent human being, cool.
But there are things I've had to learn over the years about working with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
This just gives you the chance not to learn it the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back