Archived Will I get a NCNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called in sick an hour before my shift started, but I couldn't reach the LOD after the person on the phone tried to transfer me twice. So he said it was fine and that he would just pass it along. But after a bit a research I realize I was supposed to talk to the LOD. Am I going to get a NCNS? I'm really worried because it's my first 90 days and I already almost got NCNS when I overslept and clocked in an hour and a half after my shift started. The ETL basically sat me down and said if this happens again you're fired. But besides that I've never had any attendance or lateness issues in my month of working here, and never had any complaints about my job performance. Am I screwed?

If you were unable to contact an LOD then chances are it will be marked as a NCNS. I believe however if you can show that you tried to call but were unable to reach the LOD, they might be willing to let it slide? I'm not exactly sure on that, but it's what I've seen on here a few times.

Do you know who you talked to? That will help. If you can tell them that you talked to so and so and they said they would pass the word along and it would be okay then I can't see why they'd hold that against you. Of course ASANTS and all that.

If you called from a cell phne make sure to save you call log so that if there is an issue you can show them you did call. I have ran into this before ( years ago) there was no issue the tm did tell them. The only lod in the building was dealing with a guest and couldn't take the call at the time. When you return to work just talked to your etl tell them you wanted to touch base with them to make sure the tm told them....then IF they say there is an issue explain to them what happened.

Yeah future reference don't accept that for an answer.

All ncns in 90 days are supposed to be a term. Technically you called, but operators have a lot going on and can forget to pass things along.

Why not call the store now and ask if your message got passed along to the lod? Even the closing LOD will have in their notes what you were marked as attendance wise.

Last edited:
This above regarding 90-days. Also, 2 attendance items within the first month is excessive. Ours is anything in the first month (NCNS) is a term. The next 60 days is taken case by case but frowned upon with most let go. Your tenure is nonexistent due to only being there one month - attendance issues will soil everything. I suggest ensuring you arrive early even if it means you get there 30 minutes before your shift. First impressions are everything and already they have discussed termination.

Last edited:
I am never late because I live within walking distance, so that's not a problem. I just had an unfortunate incident one day with an alarm clock not going off which led to the almost NCNS. Yesterday I woke up with a pounding headache and the floor started spinning when I got up so I had no choice but to call in... Do you think I will get termed for that?

Last edited:
As HRzone said, call the store and talk to your ETL. Explain what happened. Explain that you didn't remember about needing to talk to an ETL. They are there now, so call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back