Archived Will I Get In Trouble For Calling Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
I have an event coming up this week that I totally forgot to request off. I’ve literally asked everyone to cover me and no one is able to. Would I be in trouble/ written up if I called off for a non emergency situation? I’ve literally only called off once in the time I’ve worked at target so I’m not known for doing this.

Should be okay, but my store is cracking down on attendance. People are being chatted with.

Calling out sick when you aren't sick only matters when TLs know you aren't sick. Then they tend to look at you different and kind of expect you to be a pain to work with. Not always-- just generally. Just call out and say it's unavoidable. Don't give a reason just say you can't avoid it.

I have an event coming up this week that I totally forgot to request off. I’ve literally asked everyone to cover me and no one is able to. Would I be in trouble/ written up if I called off for a non emergency situation? I’ve literally only called off once in the time I’ve worked at target so I’m not known for doing this.

I'd personally talk to the LOD or HR. I'd explain the situation and most are willing to help cover your shift. If you call out, they will have to scramble to get your shift covered. Its alot harder to call someone in for that day since people make plans. In addition, you will most likely get coached if they knew you weren't sick.

Talk to your ETL and explain the situation. Offer to work another day instead, even if it's a day you don't usually work. At the end of the day you've made an agreement with your ETL to work your shifts as long as they're scheduled within your availability. They've done their part. If you want a favor from your ETL because you forgot to ask for time off, you need to give them something in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back