Will Mid-GSTL shifts be mandatory in every store?

Yes, opening SCO seems to be the front end's band aid. Runs SCO, runs out Drive Up until the OPU comes in, supervises/gets change for the lone cashier, takes the GSTLs phone calls, opens the registers, makes the break schedule.....
Most of this hasn't happened at my store yet. I am running drive up orders as opening SCO though. Quite a few of them, since they often don't schedule an OPU until fairly late, when they bother to schedule one at all. I was asked to stay longer yesterday because there was no OPU on the grid all day. Odds are good that the GSTL, former GSAs, and GS were running them all evening after I left.

When it does happen, I suspect that rather than giving me the responsability to do what a GSA did, they're just going to stop scheduling me opening and closing SCO. They wouldn't make me a GSA when it was a thing, and I doubt they'll give me the authority of one now.

Because as of now my Store Director still has us do a strict open and close GSTL schedule.. even when I was formally introduced to my new title change by them, I asked her in a subtle manner (to not make it seem like I know too much) if that will in fact be the GSTL shifts (pointing at the schedule on their screen). They replied with: “You guys will have your open and closing shifts as usual, in addition to your rotating weekends.”

Is my Store Director keeping something from me or is the GSTL schedule *truly* at store discretion AKA ASANTS.
We currently have 1 SE TL position filled and they are working strictly 10-6:30. My SD said when we hire the second SE TL then one will be an early shift and the other late, like 10-6:30 and 12-8:30. No opening or closing shifts for them. The SCO will do the lane opening/closing.

Th
We currently have 1 SE TL position filled and they are working strictly 10-6:30. My SD said when we hire the second SE TL then one will be an early shift and the other late, like 10-6:30 and 12-8:30. No opening or closing shifts for them. The SCO will do the lane opening/closing.
That's exactly how my store does it.

Target Corp. is all about Op Model now! Service & Engagement TL’s (former GSTL) will all eventually be mid shifts only! Your store will need an opener and a closer before that change can happen though. Weekends are a whole other situation though. Our store is already elbow deep in the new way.
What do weekends look like then? I can’t get any answers from anyone at my store. We’re supposed to be doing this already and they all have their heads stuck in the sand (or elsewhere).

Most of this hasn't happened at my store yet. I am running drive up orders as opening SCO though. Quite a few of them, since they often don't schedule an OPU until fairly late, when they bother to schedule one at all. I was asked to stay longer yesterday because there was no OPU on the grid all day. Odds are good that the GSTL, former GSAs, and GS were running them all evening after I left.

When it does happen, I suspect that rather than giving me the responsability to do what a GSA did, they're just going to stop scheduling me opening and closing SCO. They wouldn't make me a GSA when it was a thing, and I doubt they'll give me the authority of one now.
Au contraire, everyone is getting the authority of GSA regardless of if they want it and now it not only comes with no pay bump, it also doesn’t get the customary steady hours.

Mine changes a bit Day to Day, my early shift is 9-5:30, then some 10:30-6, 11-7:30, 11:30-8, and even one 12:30-9. I legit feel like I’m there all day and night! 😓

my gstls/ setls still have opens. their closing night has turned into leaving an hour before close... they’re calling it a late mid, but it hasn’t changed much. they’re just scheduling a gsa (i know we don’t exist, but hey) to close the lanes.

Question for a Service and engagement team lead..... Does your store require you to also do cash office early in the morning and also train people for cash office???

Question for a Service and engagement team lead..... Does your store require you to also do cash office early in the morning and also train people for cash office???
Ours do not even know how to do it, I do cash office. I know of one lower volume store in my district that does it this way though.

setls are not supposed to do cash office. period. policy is pretty clear on this. obviously ASANTS and all that will always apply

as far as when cash office is done, there is no required time to do it but early just makes sense to me

Yeah, but Is that written down somewhere where this cash office is not part of the job description as a service and engagement team lead? Do we have an updated book on our Core Rolls as a SETL??

Ok, maybe it’s time for a transfer to a store that actually follows one policy. I am one of 2 SETLS. My mid shifts are 11-8:30 or 12-9:30. This is not even possible to have a balance of life. My store closes at 10. The other which has no kids or husband works 7-330 or 9-5:30. Hysterical.

Ok, maybe it’s time for a transfer to a store that actually follows one policy. I am one of 2 SETLS. My mid shifts are 11-8:30 or 12-9:30. This is not even possible to have a balance of life. My store closes at 10. The other which has no kids or husband works 7-330 or 9-5:30. Hysterical.
Pretty clearly spelt out in the stores mod book. Both your shifts and the other TLs falls in the mid shifts. Start times between 9-12 are considered mids. Sounds like to me your stores just following modernization

Having kids doesn't entitle you to automatically get the shift you want.

You might get the same thing with another store.

Exactly... consistent unfair treatment across the board. Pretty sure it should rotate. I know being at target for years now it isn’t your normal 9-5 and this is retail but really I’d rather close at least I didn’t have to come in until 2. In Targets world that may be a mid 12-930 if you’re open 24 hours

Back