Will Mid-GSTL shifts be mandatory in every store?

Also, having kids has never entitled me to anything other than being called a mother. The fact that is exactly what you go after out of my whole post is pretty sad

Also, having kids has never entitled me to anything other than being called a mother. The fact that is exactly what you go after out of my whole post is pretty sad

You'd be surprised how many people at my store think that not having kids means you don't have a life and therefore you should trade your good shift for their shit one. I'm sorry.

Nope. Open to close coverage here, and we utilize our strongest Guest Advocates to run the front occassionally on a close.

My store has 2 setl’s. If we both work that day one opens and one works mid. If one of us is off it’s only mid.

You are the one that said that the other SETL had no kids and no husband, thereby making whether or not someone has kids relevant to the conversation.
Yes I did.. following up again with work and LIFE BALANCE. Whatever someone considers to be their life outside of target! I’m pretty sure there is clearly other things to comment and argue about. If u read what I actually commented further you are pleading an empty case. GO YOU😂

Fact: Someone with a spouse/partner and/or minor children is going to have more responsibilities, some of which cannot be rescheduled like school, or farmed out like a child too sick for school or daycare.

Fact: Single people have responsibilities too and have responsibilities that can't be rescheduled. And while they have less responsibilities, they also have no help in fulfilling those responsibilities, it's 100% on them.

Fact: Children need time with parents and spouses/partners need time together to form strong family ties and mentally healthy individuals.

Fact: Forming strong family bonds and being a healthy individual does not stop at the age of 18.

Fact: Multiple people families take more time to meet all obligations.

Fact: Scheduled blocks of time matter as much as quantity. Most businesses aren't 24/7 and neither is sunlight.

Single people should not be punished for being single by means of preferential treatment given to people with families during scheduling. People with families need time with their families and scheduling specific blocks of time is the only feasible way of managing that.

So bottom line, everyone should get equally sucky schedules, unless someone has a need for a certain time that is so strong a need it outweighs other people's needs.

Maybe that's what's going on. Maybe single SETL has something serious scheduled in the afternoon, a burden heavy enough specific scheduling is needed.

Last edited:
Fact: Someone with a spouse/partner and/or minor children is going to have more responsibilities, some of which cannot be rescheduled like school, or farmed out like a child too sick for school or daycare.

Fact: Single people have responsibilities too and have responsibilities that can't be rescheduled. And while they have less responsibilities, they also have no help in fulfilling those responsibilities, it's 100% on them.

Fact: Children need time with parents and spouses/partners need time together to form strong family ties and mentally healthy individuals.

Fact: Forming strong family bonds and being a healthy individual does not stop at the age of 18.

Fact: Multiple people families take more time to meet all obligations.

Fact: Scheduled blocks of time matter as much as quantity. Most businesses aren't 24/7 and neither is sunlight.

Single people should not be punished for being single by means of preferential treatment given to people with families during scheduling. People with families need time with their families and scheduling specific blocks of time is the only feasible way of managing that.

So bottom line, everyone should get equally sucky schedules, unless someone has a need for a certain time that is so strong a need it outweighs other people's needs.

Maybe that's what's going on. Maybe single SETL has something serious scheduled in the afternoon, a burden heavy enough specific scheduling is needed.
Love this❤️

And for those of you with kids, the children priviledge goes away in late teens. "Oh, your disabled kid has a department of rehabilitative services appointment and can't drive herself? Sorry, coworker's kid is sick and daycare provider won't watch the kid and husband won't take off. Just reschedule. Oh, there's a month wait for rescheduling? Coworker's kid is young, so sorry not sorry, her personal time off needs are always higher than yours."

Back