Will Target lift the mask requirement?

The cart cleaners in my store do a horrible job. All they do it wipe down the handle. They do not wipe down the cart - not the top edge, not the sides, and not the bottom.

So everyone touches the products and puts them into the cart when those germs rub off onto the sides and bottom of the cart.
Not to mention kids climbing into the carts & eating/drinking/being little petri dishes.

Target's cleaning program is a fake to make people think they cared and think they were actually cleaning.

Target did a horrible job of handling the pandemic and protecting their employees.
Only as fake as any other branding, and I'd argue less so because we are wiping down at least the handles, and it's an effective way to greet people. Greetings are performative, you know? Rituals to build trust, we all use them to communicate our good intentions.

We don't wipe anymore. We spray with disinfectant and let it air dry, which is actually what most disinfectant protocol says to do unless you are actually drying rather than wiping.
Yeah I imagine spraying Lysol aerosol disinfectant is more effective than one of those spray bottles with the trigger and wiping it down

A week in now at my store and I estimate 25% of the TMs are still wearing masks, and about 40% of the guests.

Day 6 with no mask mandate in the state, majority of people are still wearing them even outside. And half of the people who live here are fully vaccinated.
Same here. I've only seen three TMs who have ditched masks altogether. We have a few who pull theirs down constantly but they did so before the latest guidelines.

Saw a few more guests without over the weekend, but still the vast majority are masked.

Yeah I imagine spraying Lysol aerosol disinfectant is more effective than one of those spray bottles with the trigger and wiping it down
No... using the disinfectant spray bottles, just not wiping anymore. Direction came from our district manager.

I did my first maskless shift last night. It's humid here, and I was sweaty all day and straight up didn't want to be an even sweatier mess all night. Had one guest ask why I wasn't wearing a mask, but apparently hadn't heard that the fully vaxxed didn't need to, and was grateful for the info (not that she was wearing her mask properly, but she did say she was vaccinated). Felt weird.

Did a bit of a double take on Saturday when I saw my ETL who was back building bikes. I knew it was him and still doubted myself for a second and it took me a minute to figure out why--he started at our store in the past year and I'd never seen the lower half of his face.

This Charlotte survey about mask wearing is interesting-

And still others said they no longer want to wear a mask, but feel judged in public so they bring one to avoid stares. “Don’t want to but they are still being worn and I don’t like the stares,” one fully vaccinated person said in the survey.

This is where I stand now. It’s not that I’m more comfortable wearing a mask, it’s that with so many people around me wearing them, I feel like I’ll be judged for not. Once the first dominos start to fall, a lot more people will be taking them off I think.

The past 24 hours I’ve really become more comfortable with the idea of foregoing the masks. I asked myself “do I believe in the science“, and my answer is yes. If I’m not going to ditch them now, then when? Other people can do what they want, just let other people make their own personal decision and treat them with respect.

The past 24 hours I’ve really become more comfortable with the idea of foregoing the masks. I asked myself “do I believe in the science“, and my answer is yes. If I’m not going to ditch them now, then when? Other people can do what they want, just let other people make their own personal decision and treat them with respect.
Eh, I'm not that magnanimous. If you aren't vaccinated and you stop wearing a mask in public places indoors, you can go fuck yourself.

My husband works at a DC (not Spot) and they just got notice that employees at the stores and DCs can remove masks - two weeks after your final shot and after registering at an online database and keeping proof of vaccination on you - THAT'S how you do it folks!
My DC doesn't require proof of vaccination. People are proudly declaring that they're unvaccinated while strutting around without a mask. Can't say I blame them, it's getting so hot.. But joke's on them if they catch this thing.
Can't wait to strip my mask off in a couple days 😋 #fullyvaxxxxxed

My DC doesn't require proof of vaccination. People are proudly declaring that they're unvaccinated while strutting around without a mask. Can't say I blame them, it's getting so hot.. But joke's on them if they catch this thing.
Can't wait to strip my mask off in a couple days 😋 #fullyvaxxxxxed
How are you feeling? Were you able to work or did you end up calling out?

Exactly. The question is do you trust science or not? If you trust science then airborne particles, even a thin visible haze, is something you know you're safe against and can ignore.

The counties I live and work in haven't dropped the mask mandates, but I'm hoping they do so soon.

Back