Will Target lift the mask requirement?

I did my first maskless shift last night. It's humid here, and I was sweaty all day and straight up didn't want to be an even sweatier mess all night. Had one guest ask why I wasn't wearing a mask, but apparently hadn't heard that the fully vaxxed didn't need to, and was grateful for the info (not that she was wearing her mask properly, but she did say she was vaccinated). Felt weird.

Did a bit of a double take on Saturday when I saw my ETL who was back building bikes. I knew it was him and still doubted myself for a second and it took me a minute to figure out why--he started at our store in the past year and I'd never seen the lower half of his face.
That's been the joke at my store. We've had coworkers come and go and we've never seen the bottom of their face.

Fuck my Non vaccinated TL leading by example running around without a mask. May the corona virus hit you hard. Some will never learn I guess we really are a nation of idiots.
Maybe the world would be better without cruel human beings like you who don't respect someone's personal choice. Have some damn respect for your TL. I think you're the idiot in this equation. You can't fix stoopid, can you?

Number One Rule: You don't insult other members of the board no matter how strongly you feel about a subject.
You've had two strikes here.

Third one and you are fucking out.
Got That?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have whatever opinion you want on this subject but you don't get to insult other members of the board. End of fucking subject.
Eh, I'm not that magnanimous. If you aren't vaccinated and you stop wearing a mask in public places indoors, you can go fuck yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
One person breaking the rules does not a thread lock make.
Don't turn this into a dumpster fire and we will be fine.
Grownups can have conversations about difficult topics without throwing their feces.

ScornfulWanCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Mary, Jim, Sue, Margaret and Stan all work together.

Margaret cannot get the vaccine because of an allergy. Margaret must rely on her coworkers to protect her through herd immunity. If they are unable to get sick, they cannot get her sick.

Mary, Jim and Sue get the vaccine. Sue is exposed but cannot catch it because she has immunity, so her vaccine has kept Margaret safe. She has protected herself through her actions, but she has also protected Margaret.

Stan does not get the vaccine and trumpets that his choice should be respected. He gets sick. He was in the office when he started to get sick. Margaret catches it from him, ends up on a ventilator for two weeks and dies.

Margaret did not have the chance to be protected by herd immunity because Stan did not join the herd.

Stan knew his choice did not affect him alone and would hurt and kill people like Margaret. But he wants his choice to be respected and he doesn't care about the blood on his hands and he wants to pretend that the blood isn't there. He wants to pretend that people like Margaret do not exist.

Sorry, that's not how it works with something like this. Your choice affects you a little but others by a lot. People have a responsibility to take care of the weakest members of society, including the "infirm," the people who's health is not well.

Mary, Jim, Sue, Margaret and Stan all work together.

Margaret cannot get the vaccine because of an allergy. Margaret must rely on her coworkers to protect her through herd immunity. If they are unable to get sick, they cannot get her sick.

Mary, Jim and Sue get the vaccine. Sue is exposed but cannot catch it because she has immunity, so her vaccine has kept Margaret safe. She has protected herself through her actions, but she has also protected Margaret.

Stan does not get the vaccine and trumpets that his choice should be respected. He gets sick. He was in the office when he started to get sick. Margaret catches it from him, ends up on a ventilator for two weeks and dies.

Margaret did not have the chance to be protected by herd immunity because Stan did not join the herd.

Stan knew his choice did not affect him alone and would hurt and kill people like Margaret. But he wants his choice to be respected and he doesn't care about the blood on his hands and he wants to pretend that the blood isn't there. He wants to pretend that people like Margaret do not exist.

Sorry, that's not how it works with something like this. Your choice affects you a little but others by a lot. People have a responsibility to take care of the weakest members of society, including the "infirm," the people who's health is not well.
And If Stan and Margaret were both wearing masks, it would greatly reduce Margaret's risk. If Stan decides to stop wearing his mask even though he knows he is not vaccinated and that the CDC states that going maskless is only advised for those who are fully vaccinated, then he is being shady and taking advantage of the situation and willfully putting himself and others at risk. That's not a "personal choice", that's being a dick.

Fuck you, Stan.

Am I the only one who sees the parallel between the MMR vaccine and the various measles outbreaks the US keeps having? Surely everyone remembers back when the ridiculous so-called science started the whole anti-vaxxer ball rolling.
That old chestnut, yeah. An epic anti-science fraud to be sure. It still resonates with the ignorant, and the covid science denial parallel is unmistakable.

Am I the only one who sees the parallel between the MMR vaccine and the various measles outbreaks the US keeps having? Surely everyone remembers back when the ridiculous so-called science started the whole anti-vaxxer ball rolling.

The fucked up part is the MMR vaccine scare was a scam brought about by a British doctor.
HBomber did an a great history on the whole mess.

And the irony, he wasn't trying to reduce vaccines, he was trying to sell diagnostic tests and planned on creating the market by his fake scare. Immunizations dropping would have meant less tests sold.

I guess that's one difference between then and now. Then, a kid's symptoms get noticed and diagnosed after being vaccinated, and the parents had to look at the research, including that study which was valid at the time, look at their younger children and make a choice. And if kid #2 coincidentally showed symptoms after vaccination and there's a kid #3.....yeah, ugly. This time, there's absolutely no negative. There is nothing really, really bad that is happening if you get vaccinated. It's all good, nothing bad.

And the irony, he wasn't trying to reduce vaccines, he was trying to sell diagnostic tests and planned on creating the market by his fake scare. Immunizations dropping would have meant less tests sold.

I guess that's one difference between then and now. Then, a kid's symptoms get noticed and diagnosed after being vaccinated, and the parents had to look at the research, including that study which was valid at the time, look at their younger children and make a choice. And if kid #2 coincidentally showed symptoms after vaccination and there's a kid #3.....yeah, ugly. This time, there's absolutely no negative. There is nothing really, really bad that is happening if you get vaccinated. It's all good, nothing bad.

The really fucked up part is that Wakefield is very rich and living well by selling books and documentaries to people who are scared and anxious.
He has done untold damage to our society and hasn't paid anything for it.

The really fucked up part is that Wakefield is very rich and living well by selling books and documentaries to people who are scared and anxious.
He has done untold damage to our society and hasn't paid anything for it.
The fact that Wakefield isn't in prison, given all of the people whose illnesses and deaths he's been party to, is a global fucking tragedy.

In my opinion.

The fucked up part is the MMR vaccine scare was a scam brought about by a British doctor.
HBomber did an a great history on the whole mess.

Just watched this link on Reddit earlier today. Madness.

I liked him calling out Bill Maher too. I enjoy Maher and his show but his take on vaccines is bad and his views on the pandemic have been terrible.

Last edited:
Back to the original question - just read two articles from reliable sources that say the vaccine I got is effective against the variant first seen in India. I'd read earlier that it was effective against other variants, but was worried about this one.
So maybe I'll go maskless tomorrow? I don't know - it's been like my security blanket for all this time.

Leaving work, I stopped to talk to a coworker. She was still at her computer and a media release had been sent out. She saw it about 5:10, county mask mandate was lifted at 5. I pulled my mask down and said I'd have one in my pocket on Tuesday just in case someone got fussy. Freedom!! No more mask acne!!

Back