Will Target lift the mask requirement?

I get that and I don’t want to minimize those 20 deaths, but it’s significantly lower than the number of Californians die in a typical flu season. And of those 20 deaths, state officials said that some of them may have died due to unrelated underlying conditions, they’re looking into that.
And I get and respect what you are saying also . I just wish people could do the same regardless of their opinions on things .

I am in this camp. And adding the scientists spend their lives to figure this shit out. I am happy to listen to them when they say "it works here is how it works(stuff I maybe understand) take it." Cause I am old enough to have heard the stories from my mom and grandparents about Polio and when that vaccine hit and how it changed the game for everyone. I know my mother would slap the taste out of my mouth if I said "Naw I will wait to get vaccinated." And she never laid a hand on me, growing up.
I mean I listened to them from the get go regarding masks and sanitizing and all that stuff, I haven’t gotten sick in over 15 months! It’s been great! So I’ll continue to listen to their advice. This was the first winter in my entire lifetime I’ve had zero viruses, I usually get 2-3 colds per season.

People are 94% less likely to be hospitalized if vaccinated:

There is a growing body of evidence that the vaccine reduces transmission, and further studies are ongoing:

So claims that "it doesn't reduce transmission and people are still occasionally getting sick or dying so you totally shouldn't get the vaccine" are pretty ridiculous, given the large body of real-world, trial, and emerging study evidence on the effectiveness of the vaccines.

California has reported 3,620 so-called breakthrough cases of coronavirus infections in people who were fully vaccinated since Jan. 1, state public health officials said Wednesday. Of those cases, at least 150 people were hospitalized and at least 20 died.

Not really a certainty now is it?

So again, you prefer taking the risk by going the "true" immunity route???

I can see Karens now at private businesses that still require masks, “the CDC says vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask inside, and you can’t prove I’m unvaccinated because that would be a HIPAA violation!” *she says after she exists her car with a #FireFauci bumper sticker*
do any of these assholes even know what HIPAA is?? Or what the acronym stands for??

I mean I listened to them from the get go regarding masks and sanitizing and all that stuff, I haven’t gotten sick in over 15 months! It’s been great! So I’ll continue to listen to their advice. This was the first winter in my entire lifetime I’ve had zero viruses, I usually get 2-3 colds per season.

This too..

do any of these assholes even know what HIPAA is?? Or what the acronym stands for??
Doubt it. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) only governs those in the healthcare sphere (Your doctor, hospital, etc.) It doesn't apply to the average person or businesses, nor does it provide someone protection from ever having to disclose their health information.

I mean it doesn’t stop transmission, that was confirmed with the Yankees outbreak. 85% of the team and staff are vaccinated and they had eight cases. All of them but 1 were asymptomatic, the other one was one day of mild symptoms. So it did it’s job. It was also the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which is a little less effective
but they don't know if vaccinated staff transmitted it to other team or staff or if they all came in contact with the same non vaccinated person who gave it to all of them. So was it transmitted from non vaccinated to vaccinated (perhaps a variant) and those vaccinated who got it didn't have a high enough load to transmit to others or are vaccinated people transferring to other vaccinated and non vaccinated persons?

Back