Will Target lift the mask requirement?

And so do you . You can still transmit it, they don’t know how long the vaccine protects you. So you as a vaccinated person can still give it to me , ( still public health concern no?)you won’t see me blaming anyone if that would be the case because I made the decision not to get vaccinated. Swine flu was a pandemic as well lasted 19 months. At that time I was traveling internationally with my child went to the pediatrician and asked what should I do since my child had health problem. I was told that there was no data on the vaccine that came out at that time and was told just to give my child a flu vaccine which I did. Many months later we found out about all the recalls and effects of the vaccine.
And I’m not insulted . But no I never missed a day of school or work.
That's why I'm still going to wear my mask. As my mother-in-law said, the vaccine has just provided her with some small peace of mind, taken a bit of the pressure off, but that doesn't mean she's going to run around willy-nilly unmasked.

Does anyone know how many people are actually anti-vaxxers? Before covid, it was a relatively small number and a lot of the anti-vaxxers from the MMR/autism part of history have flipped and have gotten their covid vaccines. A lot of the current anti-vaxxers will come around sooner or later. I remember when the chicken pox vaccine came out. A lot of people avoided that one. We can actually achieve herd immunity with anti-vaxxers. They do not make up as huge a population as the media wants you to believe.

That's a good question, DBZ. I think I've seen polls were 30+% said they won't get it, but what people say and what people do are different things.

In the non-COVID contex, ant-vaxxers can be very dangerous because they target certain populations with disinformation and can cause disease outbreaks by creating an oversized influence through targeted disinformation. There's so much disinfo out there about COVID, it's hard to know how those dynamics will play out over the next few months.

Just because someone doesn't want to get the Covid vaccine doesn't make them an anti-vaxxer. There are some good reasons why maybe it's not a bad idea to wait. Many people in the medical community are waiting and I'm fairly confident they are not, by and large, labeled as anti-vaxxers.

Just because someone doesn't want to get the Covid vaccine doesn't make them an anti-vaxxer. There are some good reasons why maybe it's not a bad idea to wait. Many people in the medical community are waiting and I'm fairly confident they are not, by and large, labeled as anti-vaxxers.
I admit I agree with this. I was scared to get it but finally worked up the courage, only to have unpleasant side effects from the first shot which is making me hesitant about getting the second. I know it is for the greater good, as well as for my own benefit and a little peace of mind, but my overwhelming instinct is always to avoid anything that might cause me any physical discomfort. I'm a giant baby.

I admit I agree with this. I was scared to get it but finally worked up the courage, only to have unpleasant side effects from the first shot which is making me hesitant about getting the second. I know it is for the greater good, as well as for my own benefit and a little peace of mind, but my overwhelming instinct is always to avoid anything that might cause me any physical discomfort. I'm a giant baby.
That’s the thing tho . I’m not anti-vaccine because if that was the case I would have homeschooled my child way before this. I’m just waiting . Funny thing is I even told my child today that if and when the kids get approve and the pediatrician says yes we will do it.

The thing about people deciding to get the vaccine or not it's about "Oh we don't know what it is. I don't know what's inside it..." It's about doctors, people who have spent 5+ years studying medicine say that it is safe. Not just that it's also the fact that people who have gotten vaccinated have MUCH lower chances of spreading it (CDC).

With all that being said that should be more than enough for many people to go and get it so they can protect themselves, their family, and the people around them.

One of my friends had over 5 birth defects at birth and cannot do some of the things that we can do and if he caught covid he would die and that is not a question. He got his vaccine before I did (because he was prioritized ofc)

While I think how others say the word selfish is harsh that's why they used it because without real valid reasoning they're putting the people around them at risk and risking the health of others just because you don't want to take something that is trusted and accredited because "I DoN't kNoW wHaT iS iN iT" when literally a quick google could solve that question. That is selfish

I am not anti-vax. I have all of my vaccines and I always got my daughter vaccinated. I even got the flu shot knowing it wasn't very effective basically for the free $5 coupon. I got it knowing this vaccine has been around for a long time, tested and proven not to cause side effects long term or short term for that matter.

I am not against the covid vaccine, as more time goes on I am more receptive to getting it as I know that I won't have to worry about missing out on work or vacations because I get covid. That said, I am not worried about getting covid, I am healthy and have survived the flu and multiple other sicknesses in my lifetime. But right now there are some questions about side effects both long and short term. And even if it's 10 people, it's 10 people who never had an issue before getting the shot. It's just in the back of my head that this vaccine skipped testing that other vaccines we have in the country had to go through years of testing before hitting the market. I get it's a global pandemic but still. I for sure am not going to get my healthy daughter a vaccine that is untested.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect everyone's especially on this subject. But get one or not it doesn't make you a better or worse person for doing so. That's the single thing I hate most about all of this, the elite status that people that are vaccinated have. They walk in so proud they got their shot and look down on those who get it. I respect the people who get it, and I thank you for your trust in science and what you are doing to help get our country back to normal, I am just not there yet and that's ok.

One of our acquaintances at the golf course was rather in our faces, ie. too close. He had the Covid and was hospitalized and on a ventilator. He's ok now. I reminded him that he had the C and to keep his distance regardless of recovery and the fact that I am fully vaccinated. (He's not too bright and refers to it as "The Covis. Yes, with an "s".) Putting that aside he insisted that "the vaccination ain't no good" in those words. My response regardless of the casual relationship etc was to simply put more distance between everyone with no fucking explanations or stupid shit dismissiveness. Don't argue with me you stupid moron, get the hell away from everyone. And there you have the report of the day from Captain Cautious.

I am not anti-vax. I have all of my vaccines and I always got my daughter vaccinated.
It's just in the back of my head that this vaccine skipped testing that other vaccines we have in the country had to go through years of testing before hitting the market.
This. I am vaccinated but let me tell you I was hesistant. We are giving a vax developed in a year under emergency authorization with no history behind it for a virus with a 99% survival rate. It’s amazing but yet kinda worrisome too. And thinking that doesn’t make anyone anti-vax, it makes them cautious.

Last edited:
You are saying no one is telling me what to do and in the same post you are telling me is not about me. The ones around me are getting vaccinated. Like I said my child is up to date with all of them . So is father , family etc . So at the end of the day it is about me and how I feel about it .
Yea. Not everything is about you. It’s not that hard of a concept. And yes, no one is telling you what to do. I’m not understanding your confusion here.

The thing about people deciding to get the vaccine or not it's about "Oh we don't know what it is. I don't know what's inside it..." It's about doctors, people who have spent 5+ years studying medicine say that it is safe.
Doctors who have spent 5+ years studying medicine? You realize they should have spent 5+ years studying this vaccine alone? That's in addition to any clinic trials typically that go on for years with vaccines before they are released to the public. Stop shaming people for not getting the vaccine. Last I checked it's a free country and just as free you were to get it, i am free to decline.

worth noting that while the specific mrna covid vaccines were developed in a relatively short timeframe they were built off of almost 2 decades of work and testing for other infections like sars. they didn’t just spring up in a vacuum

also very easy to say “covid has a 99% survival rate” as if getting it doesn’t have the high probability to leave you with medical issues after the fact like severely diminished lung capacity and heart function. like sure you survived but now your quality of life is impacted. maybe it’s just better not to get it?

worth noting that while the specific mrna covid vaccines were developed in a relatively short timeframe they were built off of almost 2 decades of work and testing for other infections like sars. they didn’t just spring up in a vacuum

also very easy to say “covid has a 99% survival rate” as if getting it doesn’t have the high probability to leave you with medical issues after the fact like severely diminished lung capacity and heart function. like sure you survived but now your quality of life is impacted. maybe it’s just better not to get it?
All relevant points, and I appreciate your opinion and respect it. I wish others would do the same instead of treating people like 2nd class citizens because they aren't comfortable getting the vaccine.

The vaccine wasn't at all developed in a single year. Research has been going on for more than a decade into this type of vaccine in general and similar things and approaches were more closely studied from researching SARS vaccines.
What did happen within the single year time frame (really within a few days of sequencing the damn thing...)? They looked at the virus and said "This part of the virus is where we should target. (The spike protein)" and stuck the mRNA for portions of that into the lipid carrier for this vaccine.
If you're expecting to be exposed to the virus one way or the other (which isn't particularly unlikely) - you're going to be exposed and have the spike protein pieces in you either way - from the vaccine where that is all you get or from actual infection where you have the dangerous part (the virus) as well.
Long term effects from the protein being in you for a relatively short period of time are going to be the same either way and appear to be non-existent thus far.

Currently there's a 97.9% survival rate though it's actually lower as that includes everyone currently sick as well as those that survived. (And we know that some people that are currently ill will die from it.)
Not 99%.
And that ignores everyone that survived but never recovered entirely.

10 deaths. 10 children died. 10 children in one tiny place during one short time from just one disease. 10 children died in large part because too few people were vaccinated to maintain herd immunity. So no, it's not hyperbole. Children are dying. Adults are dying. They are dying because selfish people decide to not maintain the safety social net of herd immunity.
I identify as vaccinated but actually I’m unvaccinated, my body my choice. I stand for what I believe in just like everyone else who brings political issues into almost anything and everything now including the workplaces

New York lifted the mask mandate today. First grocery store I went to is still requiring masks.

Well they require them for unvaccinated people, and strongly recommend them for everyone else

I identify as vaccinated but actually I’m unvaccinated, my body my choice. I stand for what I believe in

so what you believe in is being a nasty little crank who co-opts movement language so that you can feel a false sense of superiority?

you don’t “identify as vaccinated”, you just don’t want to get vaccinated. you’re right, it is your body and it is a choice you can and should make on your own. but that first bit is just really uncalled for and disrespectful to anyone and everyone who struggles with gender dysphoria

I am just so glad my county reached 70% and rising vaccinated among 18+. If we can’t have heard immunity in the US, I’ll have it in my little bubble at least lol

The vaccine wasn't at all developed in a single year. Research has been going on for more than a decade into this type of vaccine in general and similar things and approaches were more closely studied from researching SARS vaccines.
What did happen within the single year time frame (really within a few days of sequencing the damn thing...)? They looked at the virus and said "This part of the virus is where we should target. (The spike protein)" and stuck the mRNA for portions of that into the lipid carrier for this vaccine.
If you're expecting to be exposed to the virus one way or the other (which isn't particularly unlikely) - you're going to be exposed and have the spike protein pieces in you either way - from the vaccine where that is all you get or from actual infection where you have the dangerous part (the virus) as well.
Long term effects from the protein being in you for a relatively short period of time are going to be the same either way and appear to be non-existent thus far.

Currently there's a 97.9% survival rate though it's actually lower as that includes everyone currently sick as well as those that survived. (And we know that some people that are currently ill will die from it.)
Not 99%.
And that ignores everyone that survived but never recovered entirely.
Don't forget that not all vaccines are mRNA. There are ones that use a carrier virus, same as older vaccines.

And why would pharmaceutical companies and the government pour mad money into something designed to fail and cause harm? If that's what they wanted they could have spent a lot less.

Don't forget that not all vaccines are mRNA. There are ones that use a carrier virus, same as older vaccines.

And why would pharmaceutical companies and the government pour mad money into something designed to fail and cause harm? If that's what they wanted they could have spent a lot less.
Personally I don't think the pharmaceutical companies would intentionally try to harm people, but it's clear that developing and selling a vaccine would be a huge money maker for them. So being greedy as they are, I could definitely see that they might cut a few corners or give some favors to government officials in order to get the vaccine out faster, as the sooner it's out the more money they make. Vaccine manufacturers are also for the most part legally not liable for injuries or deaths caused by the vaccine.

To be clear, I'm not saying the vaccines aren't safe, but I feel there is the potential that they could be unsafe due to the financial incentive the companies had to get a vaccine out as quickly as possible, especially when they can't be easily sued if they end up harming people.

so what you believe in is being a nasty little crank who co-opts movement language so that you can feel a false sense of superiority?

you don’t “identify as vaccinated”, you just don’t want to get vaccinated. you’re right, it is your body and it is a choice you can and should make on your own. but that first bit is just really uncalled for and disrespectful to anyone and everyone who struggles with gender dysphoria
Ok

That's true. But it ends up relatively the same...the carrier virus just produces the mRNA to tell your cells to produce the pieces rather than being directly injected with the mRNA (in a carrier). It just adds an extra step that makes it less effective as your body fights off the carrier virus as well, "splitting focus" and possibly preventing as much of the spike protein pieces from being produced to have as strong of a reaction to them. Meaning if you fight the carrier virus quickly, it does it's job less effectively.. This is also why they can't/don't reuse the same carrier viruses in multiple vaccines - you'll fight the carrier off before it can do it's job the second+ time.

Back