With the Delta variant increasing cases, what percentage of team members and guests are wearing masks?

I visited Boston last weekend and I was amazed to see no one was wearing a mask . I mean no one . When we were walking around the downtown wearing masks people were treating us like aliens . You should see the crowd inside the Quincy market or Faneuil mall ! Connecticut is far far better .

Doctors offices require masks, had my annual medicare physical recently. BP was 120/62. I felt like a buff 23 yr old tri-athlete. I look like a 123 year old ex athlete! Wrinkled old Captain.

I visited Boston last weekend and I was amazed to see no one was wearing a mask . I mean no one . When we were walking around the downtown wearing masks people were treating us like aliens . You should see the crowd inside the Quincy market or Faneuil mall ! Connecticut is far far better .

I was in Boston 2 weeks ago and about 75% of the people were wearing them correctly on the subway. Outside pretty much no one was wearing one. Inside stores about 10% were wearing one. I think Massachusetts has one of the highest vaccination rates though.

At my store, 10% or so. If you're vaccinated it makes no sense to still wear a mask, the whole point of getting the vaccine is so that you can't catch it and spread it. If they make us wear masks again I'm going to be seriously irritated.

At my store, 10% or so. If you're vaccinated it makes no sense to still wear a mask, the whole point of getting the vaccine is so that you can't catch it and spread it. If they make us wear masks again I'm going to be seriously irritated.

The vaccine isn’t 100%. You still can catch and therefore spread the virus, even fully vaccinated. Less likely, but it can still happen.

I’m fully vaccinated and choose not to wear a mask unless mandated. I know I could still get it, but if I do, hopefully it will be a much less severe case than without the vaccine. I do worry a bit about my unvaccinated kids, but we’ve been through this whole thing up until now unmasked together at home and whatnot. Everyone has to look at the risks and decide what is best for themselves and their families.

It's about 50/50 here. I'm not too concerned, we knew you could still get infected while vaccinated but that it's very unlikely you'll get hospitalized or die.

I wear mask because back home I have a kid who is not yet eligible for a vaccine . Also I heard delta variant is affecting young people more . I don’t want to take a risk for my comfort ! Fortunately the schools are sticking with wearing the mask this fall .

People may have believed that in the beginning, but that is not the case. Vaccinated people can still get it and spread it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

My store is about 60-40 unmasked-masked for guests, and 70-30 masked-unmasked for TMs.

Science evolves as data is collected.
Very true. And I'm finding those that are insisting that if you're fully vaxxed you can't get it or spread it to be just as scary as the anti-mask/antivax folks.

Not necessarily the ones who really believed it and didn't know, but the ones like people on Reddit who have been presented with legit studies and articles who are digging in and saying "I distanced, I masked, I got my shot, I've done my part, I'm done." They are acting just as fanatical as the other side now.

Sometimes the truth sucks, but if its the truth, what are you gonna do?

There are very few of us left wearing masks. I will continue to wear them because I have an 11 year old unvaccinated child at home. I'm hoping they put the mandate back on. There are so many people coughing and sneezing in my store.

If you're vaccinated it makes no sense to still wear a mask, the whole point of getting the vaccine is so that you can't catch it and spread it. If they make us wear masks again I'm going to be seriously irritated.
Nope, it's to lessen the effects if you catch another variant.
In my state cases are already going back up; 300 of the deaths in my county were vaccinated but died from the Delta strain.
I have a medically-fragile family member so I never stopped masking.
If wearing a mask is the one thing that pisses you off, you're leading a charmed life.

MA is 80% vaccinated.

I think the more people learn about the vaccines do, less you have to worry about. This is about preventing severe illness and death. Yes, you might still get sick if you’re vaccinated. And no one likes getting sick. But it’s extremely unlikely you’ll end up in a hospital, and almost a certainty you won’t die. According to the CDC, 99% of all new COVID related deaths are among the unvaccinated.

I think the more people learn about the vaccines do, less you have to worry about. This is about preventing severe illness and death. Yes, you might still get sick if you’re vaccinated. And no one likes getting sick. But it’s extremely unlikely you’ll end up in a hospital, and almost a certainty you won’t die. According to the CDC, 99% of all new COVID related deaths are among the unvaccinated.
correct

if you’re vaccinated then even with delta variant you’re

1. significantly less likely to get it
2. significantly less likely to spread it
3. significantly less likely to get seriously ill if you do get it
4. wildly, insanely less likely to die if you do get sick

ppl can keep masking if they want. i don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. but paranoia about not wearing them when you’re fully vaccinated is also just that: paranoia

Back