Archived won concert tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i won these concert tickets but the only problem is i do work that day and i had no time to ask for the day off. i have asked the only other person who is cart attendant trained and can close and he already has to many hours and cant take it without going over, so i am thinking about just calling out as i have no other option at this time

216b7dbec76f0e337e210065a21bb649.jpg

If you have too, try calling out earlier. Shift is next friday, call out today. I'm sure it would be easier. Just have to think of a good excuse.

OR sell the tickets on craigslist, work that day. Use the extra cash to buy yourself something nice that you want. Up to you bro

Go to your ETL

TELL them you won tickets, front row, and this is once in a lifetime, and you won't be passing it up. Tell them you tried to cover the shift, but if they could help you cover it, that would be great. Or if you could work a different day, because you won't be in that day.

If they want to be dicks, well that's on them. Just call again the day of and remind them you won't be in. Don't pass up a unique opportunity to push carts at target. I'm all for being a team player, but I'm sure your team will understand in this situation.

Assuming you're a good employee and your leaders respect you, just tell them the truth and give them as much heads up as possible.

This is a really cool/rare opportunity. I think anyone could see that it's just not worth passing it up. Being reliable and hard working is important, but if you NEVER have a chance to enjoy yourself it's kind of pointless.

A good leader will be happy for you and just deal with the slightly harder night w/ carts knowing that you're enjoying a cool experience :)

Just call out. Target has no problem firing people 2 hours into their shift without a replacement this backing up everyone so who cares if you call out once

Go to your ETL

TELL them you won tickets, front row, and this is once in a lifetime, and you won't be passing it up. Tell them you tried to cover the shift, but if they could help you cover it, that would be great. Or if you could work a different day, because you won't be in that day.

If they want to be dicks, well that's on them. Just call again the day of and remind them you won't be in. Don't pass up a unique opportunity to push carts at target. I'm all for being a team player, but I'm sure your team will understand in this situation.

This, they may be able to swap you and someone to cover it, or they have someone who can fill in for you.

i would take one of his shifts to get him under 40 but i close every night until friday when i go on my vacation so i am unable to do that, and i had won the tickets on saturday and the concert is tonight, and my leaders will not be understandable heck sometimes they even try to guilt trip you to come in at my store

oh and one more thing at my store we have only me and one other person trained to close carts, the other 2 are unable to close and the other cant take my shift due to being to close to 40 and i cant take any shift from him due to above

i would take one of his shifts to get him under 40 but i close every night until friday when i go on my vacation so i am unable to do that, and i had won the tickets on saturday and the concert is tonight, and my leaders will not be understandable heck sometimes they even try to guilt trip you to come in at my store

Don't ask them. Tell them you won't be in, that you tried to cover the shift but you'll need to call out. You're telling them this now so they have as much notice as possible. Your job is important, but front row tickets to Alice Cooper is literally something you may never have an opportunity to do again. Work to live man, don't live to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back