Work around for not being able to generate Speed ID on old POS?

Kvothe

Demoted GSA
As of this AM, the old POS no longer generates Speed IDs. Is there a work around with a barcode generator so we can use it on the self-checkout machines? If so, how? A how to do-it-yourself for dummies would be great.

I hate punching in my TM # and PIN in front of guests.

As of this AM, the old POS no longer generates Speed IDs. Is there a work around with a barcode generator so we can use it on the self-checkout machines? If so, how? A how to do-it-yourself for dummies would be great.

I hate punching in my TM # and PIN in front of guests.
you can make speed id on new pos. go to menu option on the upper right side.

Then you don't wear gloves to wipe down the SCOs.

I wore gloves for one or two days. That was too much for me. Why are you still wearing them? My store quit wiping after each guest about a month ago. No one cares about that any more. Now I wipe it when it is dirty or if someone has been coughing. I've always done that though, even before covid.

is the option completely gone? or can you still get to it by entering ™ number then hitting k3 or whatever and entering pin and shift end time? as opposed to hitting it before entering ™ number

is the option completely gone? or can you still get to it by entering ™ number then hitting k3 or whatever and entering pin and shift end time? as opposed to hitting it before entering ™ number
It worked this morning. So just a glitch yesterday, I suppose. Still would like a work around for the day when old POS goes away.

Much faster to use Speed ID on SCOs, and guests can’t steal your number.

It worked this morning. So just a glitch yesterday, I suppose. Still would like a work around for the day when old POS goes away.

Much faster to use Speed ID on SCOs, and guests can’t steal your number.
I was wondering what could of changed so fast! LOL... The speed id on the new pos just does the TMID, which is fine... I don't know mine by heart yet, so I have to pull out my notebook everytime, LOL

And really its bad that the old speed IDs do you full log in. That means if you don't have it attached to you, anyone can use your numbers. A guy in AP used mine once. He saw my angry face. He is damn lucky I didn't go straight to his boss.

And really its bad that the old speed IDs do you full log in. That means if you don't have it attached to you, anyone can use your numbers. A guy in AP used mine once. He saw my angry face. He is damn lucky I didn't go straight to his boss.
Just make a mad dash to create a new Speed ID to deactivate the old lost one.

Last edited:
Back