Corporate Workday Training

Over the past month, I've noticed a trend at our Store where there's a new Workday learning pushed out each week. It typically drops in on Thursday or Friday.

I'm curious if this is also happening at other stores as well?

Does anyone else think that Target as a corporation who values diversity really drops the ball with these trainings?

1. The only languages available are English or Spanish.
2. They are extremely text heavy and there is no audible support for those TMs who struggle with reading due to a variety of reasons which aren't always just because the act of reading might be difficult.
3. Some of the trainings are just too long (i.e. the blood borne pathogen/spill training). Maybe pare them down a bit?

probably only in english and spanish because that is, predominantly, the spoken languages chainwide. diversity only goes so far, especially when you're talking about the extra cost of doing translation work and stuff.

see above, they already make videos but there is a reason most of these trainings are in text and that's because it's easier and more effective to communicate the majority of this information via text. this is not a target thing, it's just a Thing.

and trainings are long because there are legal ramifications in some cases (to use your example, the bloodborne pathogen training) to doing something and not receiving the proper training for it and signing off on it

Seems to be some extra trainings at my store. I think one or two are related to Target encouraging employees to get a hepatitis vaccination. Haven't looked at that one yet.

Today, my team lead told me I had some trainings due and he asked me to "knock 'em out". Not "familiarize yourself with the material" or "retain" or even "Complete your trainings!" Just, "knock 'em out".

'Cuz, y'know, I'm busy.

Got chemical defects that need to be cleaned up.

Last edited:
I like how we can take the courses on the zebra. Can do alot in a little amount of time. Kinda just skim through. The quiz is pretty common sense stuff. But if you don't pass it's pretty easy how to figure out how to.

Seems to be some extra trainings at my store. I think one or two are related to Target encouraging employees to get a hepatitis vaccination. Haven't looked at that one yet.
That's part of the bloodborne pathogen training. Basically Target is paying for the hep b series, if you want it, but you don't have to.

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer back in the day, so I've had that one for 20 years, so I declined but even if you decline at first you can opt-in later.

That's part of the bloodborne pathogen training. Basically Target is paying for the hep b series, if you want it, but you don't have to.

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer back in the day, so I've had that one for 20 years, so I declined but even if you decline at first you can opt-in later.
I think I have it? I dont know i gotta talk to the CVS at my store

You might, depending on age. I don't know when they started hep b as part of the childhood vaccination series, but younger TMs might have had it. My oldest is 12 and he got it as an infant, but I don't know how long before then they started giving them as a standard part of the childhood vaccines.

I found it interesting that they "identified me as a TM who might be more likely to come into contact" with blood, as I'm no more likely to be than I was last year or the year before, or at all really, but whatever. Having been in the Peace Corps, and seeing places where vaccines aren't common and the effects it has on people, I'm in the "vaccinate early, vaccinate often" camp so I'm glad to see them offering it to any who want it. Even if Target isn't your only job but you might be more likely to have exposure elsewhere, it's a great benefit if you can't get it otherwise.

Back