Archived Working in a N09 area but only being paid N05. Can anything be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a fellow team member about pay today. He at one time worked in Produce (N05) but then switched to the Deli (N09). When he made the switch, they never keyed him in as a Deli team member and has been getting paid N05 for 6 months now, even though he works in the Deli 99% of the time.

We did the math on what we thought the difference between N05 and N09 was ($1.75, right? correct me if I am wrong). He said he averages 30 hours a week, which would make it almost $1500 he has been cheated over the last six months, assuming our numbers are right.

He still has a produce shift about once ever two weeks, which is once every pay period. So I was thinking that might be a way they can get away with not paying him Deli pay. I didn't ask him, but he might not have known at the beginning that Deli was better paying. But he knows now and he is pretty unhappy about it.

So there is the situation. Is there a solution? They executives obviously know about it, right?

Hell, I just recently found out a TM in Electronics is getting paid a bit more than me (Backroom dayside) and I'm there a year longer.

I'm on the same boat as you, I've spoken to HR as well and they're working on it. I didn't mention back pay but I hope they'll look into that as well.

Target pays crap as it is, I almost think they'll laugh if back pay is mentioned. Has anyone ever experienced Target giving back pay?

It's on your paycheck, I believe.

Yes, I received backpay once to the tune of $350. I forgot the exact reason why. I think I didn't get a raise when I was supposed to or something like that.

I've been working in receiving for 2 years now and have been scheduled 2 days a week there since Feb. but actually work there at least 4 days a week due another issue with the current receiver. They came to me to say they wanted to schedule me there more and I said I wanted the pay in that case since I am flow and its a lower paygrade. Two days later the STL came up and told me that they were giving me a 50 cent raise retroactive to Feb!! Made me pretty happy!

When I transferred to the store I work at now the ETL-HR at my old store botched my transfer and I didn't get paid correctly for about 3 months (Minimum wage being higher and all) When the issue was finally corrected I got about $200 of back pay, so they will do it.

I was hired as flow but somehow got coded into the system as cashier. No one caught it until it was time for my review, though somehow I knew I was getting 50 cents less per hour than everyone else. When I got reviewed, I got not only my raise but about $600 of back pay because that's when they fixed their error, 9 months after I was hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back