Would you ever ask out a coworker?

Batteryguy556

Repent
Is it weird to ask out a fellow team member? There's this adorable chick who works in fitting room that I'm interested in. Don't want to be a creep and definitely don't want to make it awkward. Is there ever an appropriate opportunity to do this?

Good luck lol. An "appropriate opportunity" is not really a thing unless you happen to be arriving/leaving at the same time or already have each other's contact info. Like, are you going to wait for her to go on break and ambush her? You might just want do it when you're passing by and making small talk. Do you already make small talk with this person? Do you have her #? This is one I'd like to be fly on the wall for...

Do you talk regularly at work/on break? Does she seem to have any sort of interest in you?

If the answer to either of these is no, then yes it'd be awkward and possibly creepy.

I married a coworker, too (not Target). It did get a little awkward when they laid him off and not me, but other than that it was fine, and is actually pretty common.

If you don't work directly together and aren't likely to, go for it. Ask to go for a drink, coffee, whatever. If she says no, say ok and move on. If it works out, lay off the PDAs and...other stuff...while in the store.

If either of you have leadership aspirations, then I'd tread very carefully, though.

Dude, if you're college age or younger, you're gonna meet your next 2-4 girlfriends at Target!! Two of my best friends met/dated in the Electronics Department at Target 12 years ago, got married 6 years ago, and have a 2 year old son now!!
shieeeeeeeeeeeet
time for me to start moving, all the seasonal high school and college girls started working

Back