Archived Would you quit Target for a "better" job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply Curious. I've been keeping in touch with past coworkers, and a lot of seeking other work due to changes. However we still have the lifers here, like the older softline ladies that have been with the store for like 20 years and will probably work there until retirment

So are you a lifer?
Would you quit if you found something in your field, or just something with better hours?

I left to pursue a entry level role with another company and returned, but if I was offered a leadership position with another company that brought me more money than I am making now working both jobs full time, I would consider leaving again. A work life balance is more important to me and I definitely don’t have that right now.

I was a lifer, but after a while with the ETL from Hell I would have quit to sell matchsticks in front of City Hall. In the snow. Seriously.;)

If a full time Monday through Friday job came around that wasn’t retail, I would take it in a heartbeat. Even if I was making less an hour I would still take it just to have weekends and holidays off.

Right now? No. I'm currently in school and I enjoy having 20ish work hours a week just for some pocket cash. The Target I work at is great, low stress and no drama.

Later Yes. I won't have time to work at Target after I graduate and take the next step towards what I ultimately want to do.

Right now? No. I'm currently in school and I enjoy having 20ish work hours a week just for some pocket cash. The Target I work at is great, low stress and no drama.

Later Yes. I won't have time to work at Target after I graduate and take the next step towards what I ultimately want to do.
This!! Target has been so flexible with me schedule wise so for this HS student it’s perfect. I work 20-35/week in the summer, and sundays and the occasional Friday night during the school year.

I don’t wanna work retail my entire life, but at this stage, it’s pretty great for me.

Absolutely and I did. I was there for 15 years and finally felt the "Winds of Change" blowing. Now I'm at a job where it's Mon-Fri (Sat OT optional when available) and everyone gets a bonus. Pay is better at new job as well, plus my mental health is much much better.
So why are you still on this website?

I'd probably work both.

If I could find something else with early morning hours, you betcha. Although the way the early hours are slowly going away, I might be forced out. My TL talked to me a couple days ago about the new unload process. They know I have another job and don't have availability later in the day. We'll see how it goes.

For me I like target consumables/frozen/dairy department it’s fun lil bit crazy with the trucks but it’s my favorite thing to do in the whole store so if I could possibly be the food team leader the future I would stay. Other than that I will probably just leave to another grocery retail and try my luck there.

Not until after I transfer lol

I actually really enjoy my job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back